Author Topic: [Help] Ratio and Stats Problems  (Read 162717 times)

Offline Nazo

• Former Staff
  • Pure and Innocent Deity of Mind-games and Teasing
[Help] Ratio and Stats Problems
« on: August 25, 2005, 05:16:43 am »
Just to let you know, the stats aren't accurate by the second in normal circumstances and different parts of the website update at different intervals.

All sections hidden by spoiler tags are defunct information.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

8 ) Check your Bittorrent client
Some clients don't update stats to the tracker very well. I'm serious about this one. Clients that seem to update well are: Bittornado, Azureus, and ABC. Personally I've never used ABC and I only used Bittornado once in a while. If you like the original BT client (I don't think it updates well either), you might as well use either BitTornado or ABC since they're similar and work better. We recommend either uTorrent, BitTornado or Azureus.

We do NOT recommend BitComet/BitLord.

You may experience problems updating with Azureus 2.3.x.x (or later), I personally have not, but some people have.
I suggest rolling back to 2.2.0.2 or uninstalling 2.3.x.x and getting 2.2.0.2 if you are experience ratio problems that can't seem to be solved by anything else. Download old version here.

*edit yet again*
If you still wish to use Azureus 2.3.x.x or later, turn off distributed tracking, uncheck this: tools->options->connection->peer sources->supplied by another peer.
You actually might want to uncheck all of them except "from the tracker"
That should help with tracking properly. The whole azureus peer list sharing is causing it to get banned to... I think DB banned the new azureus client as well.

Alternatively, provided by a user (I have yet to check this thoroughly):
Quote from: Kronos
1) In Options -> Plugins -> Distributed tracker check "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable". In this way, even if distributed tracking is enabled azureus uses the "centralized" tracker (if it's alive).
2) You can selectively disable DT: right click on the torrent, then go to Advanced -> Peer Sources and uncheck everything but "from a tracker".

I've been running with azureus + DT with configuration (1) and I never had any problem..

What I'm saying is that some clients don't update to the tracker very well so it's very possible that you will lose some credit.

We don't give credit. That's my understanding and that's how it is unless Box, Kotu or another administrator says otherwise. I'm sorry. I know that it's a lot of time from some of you, but... I can't do anything about it. Maybe if a lot of you complain... and have proof something will be done. Or maybe not. *shrug*

If your ratio is good and still banned, just wait a while for the auto-unban system to go through.

If all else fails here or you don't get attended to for a while here, try the IRC channel. They might be able to help you better.
Irc channel @ irc.deltaanime.net @ #boxtorrents

IF YOU WANT TO POST YOUR PROBLEM HERE
Give as MUCH detail about your connection setup and what has or has not worked from here. I don't want to see more of the "I tried everything here and it doesn't work." crap. DETAILS. DETAILS. I hope you understand  :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:37:49 am by psyren »

I'm ALWAYS nice. Well... except when I'm ebil. But I'm only ebil when I'm bored. Although... I'm bored all the time. Not that that's a problem is it? ;)

Offline Godfoster

Ratio/tracking/stats problems, Read and Post Here.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 02:29:09 pm »
My IP in my profile matches my actual IP address (it's static, so it never changes).  I am behind a router, with a manually configured network, and port forwarding set up correctly.  I have used this set up before (just a couple days ago) and received credit correctly.  Today, the tracker seems intent on not working.  I started seeding Onegai Teacher OST Collection by clicking its torrent link.  I was already logged in to Boxtorrents before starting this.  While I would show up in the peer list on the torrent's page, it did not show up in my profile as a torrent I was seeding.  After checking IPs, ports, router, login, etc., I checked the torrent's peer list on the details page, and found that before clicking on the link to display the peer list, it properly counted the number of seeders and leechers for the torrent.  However, once I clicked on the link, it displayed "0 Seeders, 0 Leechers", when this was not the case (the torrent is still running in the background on my PC).  To clarify, I am using ĀµTorrent 1.5, and I have DHT and Peer Exchange turned OFF for all Boxtorrents' torrents.  Ideas here?

**EDIT (5 minutes later):  The torrent page is showing the peer list correctly again, but my profile is still not showing the torrent.  Also, I posted in this sticky and not a new thread because it is titled "post here"; sorry if I was supposed to make my own thread, I thought that this was done this way to reduce the number of new threads about ratio problems.

**EDIT 2 (5 more minutes later):  The torrent page went back to showing "0 Seeders, 0 Leechers" when clicking to display the peer list.  When it DOES display, my username is correctly displayed in the Seeders list, but again, not in my profile.  T_T

**EDIT 3 (3 more minutes later):  Okay, now the torrent is displaying in my profile, but the upload stats for it are about 40 MB short.  However, the peer list in the torrent page still will not display.
(2 minutes later)
My profile doesn't show the torrent anymore.  What the heck is going on here?!  @_@;;;

**EDIT 4 (about 5 hours later):  The torrent now shows in my profile, and is only about 6 MBs short of what my client says.  The torrent page also shows the correct information now.  Perhaps the tracker was just being slow, or was taking a nap, or something.

Offline maximillan

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 02:34:57 am »
I think there's something wrong with the current log-in.. I followed the instructions and found out that I can't log back in.. I used the alternative log-in page but when I refresh boxtorrents, it asks me to log-in again.. maybe somebody ought to check this..  :)

Offline zeegnus

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:01:19 am »
There's something wrong with boxtorrents. I can only do alt. login. It also won't record it when I'm seeding. When I was downloading something, I can see the torrent in my profile but when it's completed and I want to keep seeding, it disappeared. What's wrong with boxtorrents? If this goes on my ratio will go down more and more. :(

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 09:52:30 am »

Offline rattus

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:45:03 am »
I've uploaded an additional 200G or so on an address that boxtorrents refuses to update or track.  I've tried all the above suggestions with no success.

strangely enough, since my IP is locked in, I (and I'm assuming anyone else) can lock in their IP and leech without impacting their ratio.

I'm sure many have noticed this and have taken full advantage.

I'm sure it would be great if this was fixed, but at least I thought that I would bring it to your attention.

Offline marek1712

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:20:39 pm »
I had probs with ratio too. It was sometimes working, mainly going down because I have ADSL 512/128 and I'm first downloading at full speed and then uploading. For unknown reason it counted few houndred Megs for DL and then stopped counting, resulting in lower ratio.
Few weeks ago I discovered how to correct the issue:
a) you've to log-in;
b) THEN start download/upload and it will work (you don't have too have the page opened). After every disconnection you have to repeat procedure.
If you start using torrent before logging in, counter may not work properly...

Offline Hyper

• http://hypernova.amarok-shadow.com
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 08:50:40 am »
WTF? I log in today and find this. I don't have either of those torrents, haven't logged on at any other computer ever or even from this one in like a few weeks. I'd have thought it was a hacker or something, but they're seeding. O_o Though I don't know how long they may have been seeding/leeching things under my account. They're still there even after I removed the IP that isn't currently mine and changed my password.

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 09:19:29 am »
The torrent will disappear once that person stops them, changing the IP will not help but it is a good measure to make sure not more appear.

Sadly boxtorrents works by IP only, if the IP in your profile is not YOUR IP things like this occur.

--Jarudin--

Offline [indy]Muaddib

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 03:54:05 pm »
actually the new system isnt going to use IP at all.

we just got to get it working properly.

it will make ratio tracking much more accurate tho
"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Offline Mikofake

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 02:06:18 pm »
hello....I kninda' have a problem, I'm not to good at PCs so I don't know how to handle it
I've changed my IP some time ago but i don't know how to change it on boxtorrents too, and so my ratio doesn't change at all. What should I do?

Offline hanfi

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 03:21:50 pm »
go to ur profile and uncheck the lock IP box. then submit the form.
that should update ur IP.

Offline Mikofake

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 07:35:01 pm »
I have to say that the lock Ip box it is unchecked, I will wait..maybe it's because I haven't enterd my account a long period of time..

Offline hanfi

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 09:55:47 pm »
if it is unchecked just hit the submit button i think...
for me it even works by just browsing the profile page... but i think thats because i have a torrent im seeding forever ;)

Offline donald7777

probs with ratio
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 08:13:08 am »
nevermind the problem fixed itself.

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 09:55:41 am »
Read the stickies. If you have tell us what you've tried and what didn't work.

--Jarudin--

Offline Deadeye5589

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 04:40:49 pm »
ok guys,

i'am giving up. can't get the tracking working. since i registered by box a week ago, i've tried to get the ratio working. today the ratio suddenly shows me a realy worse share ratio, even if i was the hole weekend not online.
so i think, this may be due to my dynamic ip and i didn't log out. wouldn't be that worse, if i just could get the stats working and push the ratio over 1.00 by sharing like hell.

i checked my ip in the profile. correct one even tried to set it to locked. won't work.
asked proxy judge. it's telling me, that i got no proxy from my isp, so no problem here also, but it won't work.
tried azereus in both 2.2 and 2.3 version, also tried bittronado and changing my ports, won't do.
tried different ways of starting the torrent from the website. first loged off, than log in, start torrent. killed my cookies, cleand my webcache. but my profile still says no torrents uploading.

so tell me what else can i try to get the ratio working and enhance these share ration, that is not even mine, to prevent me from being baned???

Offline Mikofake

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 09:14:28 am »
now I see..I've tried to see with http://whatismyip.com./ what's my IP and they too give me the wrong one...I've changed that Ip ages ago and it seems everybody sees only that one...weird..

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 09:35:20 am »
Quote from: "Mikofake"
now I see..I've tried to see with http://whatismyip.com./ what's my IP and they too give me the wrong one...I've changed that Ip ages ago and it seems everybody sees only that one...weird..
The IP of whatismyip.com IS your real IP, no matter what you may think.
If you think your IP is something like 192.168.x.x than that is your local IP, not your real IP.

--Jarudin--

Offline raven_DWE

Somethings wrong
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 08:53:47 am »
I cant get the tracker to register my uploads right.
I stopt uploading two days ago(girls bravo) and it's still registerd as curently uploading. I stopt uploading it after the tracker stopt regestering my uploads after 50Gb or so.
And i have been uploading school rumbel, almost 80Gb and it haven't been registerd att all.
I have tryed everything on the checklist and nothing helps.