Author Topic: [Help] Ratio and Stats Problems  (Read 163160 times)

Offline MicZe

Ratio/tracking/stats problems, Read and Post Here.
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2006, 11:48:21 pm »
Ratio is indeed working atm ^^

Offline Vaskituh

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2006, 02:01:09 am »
I have a BIG problem... im downloading "Pokemon Season 1" and i already downloaded  435 MiB and uploaded 995 MiB....

My Ratio is 0.00, and when i try to see what i have download or uploaded it says 0.00 on download and upload...

Image that proves my point:. http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3438/semttuloho4.jpg

What Should i Do ? Please help me..

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2006, 08:23:39 am »
Quote from: "Vaskituh"
Read this thread (rather than just posting).

If it still doesn't work after you've tried everything ask again.

--Jarudin--

Offline motusp

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2006, 06:40:32 pm »
I stay in the same situation of Vaskituh.  I check all that you recommend in it, but my ratio stills in 0 when I'm downloading Mai-Otome and Samurai Deeper Kyo wothout any problems. I've check my IP and it's Ok: 81.35.0.xxx
I use uTorrent 1.4, with WindowsXP. My DSL is 1Mbps(Download)/0.512Mbps(Upload).

Someone can help me?.

thanks
moptusp

Quote from: "Jarudin"
Quote from: "Vaskituh"
Read this thread (rather than just posting).

If it still doesn't work after you've tried everything ask again.

--Jarudin--

Offline khat17

Something to try...
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2006, 01:27:28 am »
First login to the main page at boxtorrents.  Then go to your profile and look at your IP.  Next, open a new page/tab/window and go to CMYIP.COM.  Compare the two.  If they are NOT the same, go to update your profile at boxtorrents, and then click the button to update the profile.  You can also try that if the IP's are the same.  Ensure that while you are doing all of this that (before logging into boxtorrents) ALL TORRENTS ARE NOT RUNNING.  After that, start the torrent in question.  Leave it for 30 mins or such, and then click on your profile or profile update button again.  If it still doesn't work, then post back.  And BTW, this information (or similar) is in the forum in this same thread earlier.  You guys need to read.  It's in the VERY FIRST POST (that started this thread).

And BTW, the tracking is working when I checked.

PeAcE.

Offline ripper13

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2006, 10:43:20 am »
hi
Recently i noticed that my ratio isnt updating..in the beggining everything was ok and i managed to get a decent ratio just in case, so recently i started downloading a series and noticed that my ratio hasnt changed at all..i seeded anyways even past 1:1 since i cant do anything else to fix the problem..its not my computer im using.
So i just wanna ask..if i leave it as it is would that get my account deleted or banned or sth?
thanks

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2006, 11:35:31 am »
Quote from: "ripper13"
hi
Recently i noticed that my ratio isnt updating..in the beggining everything was ok and i managed to get a decent ratio just in case, so recently i started downloading a series and noticed that my ratio hasnt changed at all..i seeded anyways even past 1:1 since i cant do anything else to fix the problem..its not my computer im using.
So i just wanna ask..if i leave it as it is would that get my account deleted or banned or sth?
thanks
Regardless of that last part, ratio tracking should work. You're probably doing something wrong.
Eitherway, its like this. Any IP adres that connects to the tracker that doesn't belong to a registered user has more chance of getting banned. If you constantly keep a 1:1 (or higher) ratio there should be no problem though, in effect the result is the same.

--Jarudin--

Offline BlownUpp

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2006, 07:20:37 am »
This is rather frusterating....

It all began when I heard the next public library LAN party would be featuring a dedicated FiOS fiber connection @ 50mbps down and 20mbps up. When I heard this, the first thing I thought was "Perfect! I can finally get my ration above 1.000 on various trackers.". So today, I brought my desktop computer in to the library and hooked up to the network. I went to the BoxTorrents web site and logged out then back in and checked my IP. All good. Previous to this the tracker had been updating my stats fine. 6 hours and roughly 6gb of data uploaded later, I pack up and head home. Here I am now, checking my stats and notice that i'm still at 34gb down and 30 up for a yucky .89 ratio. Damn. The IP address I was seeding from was 72.90.66.160 and I have a screen shot that shows all the torrents seeding, to verify that I did.

So i'b really appreciate my ratio to be fixed. I spent all day seeding lowly seeded torrents at about 500kbps for people to get a boost in downloading and my ratio is still the same. Like I said, everything worked fine at home, and before I seeded I made sure my IP address was correct on the tracker. Also, at one point during the day I stopped and restarted the torrents in addition to restarting my computer (updates to drivers).

Please thanks bye  :?

EDIT: Just thought i'd add that it wasn't exactly easy bringing my desktop computer all the way across town to hook into high speed internet to seed for you guys  :(

Offline Nazo

• Former Staff
  • Pure and Innocent Deity of Mind-games and Teasing
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2006, 07:40:09 am »
Quote from: "BlownUpp"

It all began when I heard the next public library LAN party would be featuring a dedicated FiOS fiber connection @ 50mbps down and 20mbps up. When I heard this, the first thing I thought was "Perfect! I can finally get my ration above 1.000 on various trackers.". So today, I brought my desktop computer in to the library and hooked up to the network. I went to the BoxTorrents web site and logged out then back in and checked my IP. All good. Previous to this the tracker had been updating my stats fine. 6 hours and roughly 6gb of data uploaded later, I pack up and head home. Here I am now, checking my stats and notice that i'm still at 34gb down and 30 up for a yucky .89 ratio. Damn. The IP address I was seeding from was 72.90.66.160 and I have a screen shot that shows all the torrents seeding, to verify that I did.

So i'b really appreciate my ratio to be fixed. I spent all day seeding lowly seeded torrents at about 500kbps for people to get a boost in downloading and my ratio is still the same. Like I said, everything worked fine at home, and before I seeded I made sure my IP address was correct on the tracker. Also, at one point during the day I stopped and restarted the torrents in addition to restarting my computer (updates to drivers).

EDIT: Just thought i'd add that it wasn't exactly easy bringing my desktop computer all the way across town to hook into high speed internet to seed for you guys  :(

First, try clicking on "profile" to update (due to cached data). If that didn't work... if before you logged in at the LAN the "Lock IP" checkbox was checked in your profiles... then it didn't really lock that IP...
Plus when you said you checked the IP on Box, where did you check it from? Profiles or User Details?

I'm ALWAYS nice. Well... except when I'm ebil. But I'm only ebil when I'm bored. Although... I'm bored all the time. Not that that's a problem is it? ;)

Offline BlownUpp

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2006, 07:31:29 pm »
Quote from: "Nazo"

First, try clicking on "profile" to update (due to cached data). If that didn't work... if before you logged in at the LAN the "Lock IP" checkbox was checked in your profiles... then it didn't really lock that IP...
Plus when you said you checked the IP on Box, where did you check it from? Profiles or User Details?

At first it was just in profile, but then I clicked user details to write down me ratio before uploading, just to see exactly how much I upload. Also, the lock IP box wasn't checked - but they did match with check IP.

Offline Nazo

• Former Staff
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2006, 12:21:25 am »
Did the torrents show up in the profile while you were seeding? If you started the torrents before logging into the site it won't get counted....

I'm ALWAYS nice. Well... except when I'm ebil. But I'm only ebil when I'm bored. Although... I'm bored all the time. Not that that's a problem is it? ;)

Offline BlownUpp

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2006, 12:24:10 am »
Did the torrents show up in the profile while you were seeding? If you started the torrents before logging into the site it won't get counted....

I did the IP stuff and logged in before starting to seed. The torrents didn't show up at first, but in the FAQ it said it could take an hour or so, so I figured I was fine.

Offline Nazo

• Former Staff
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2006, 01:57:39 am »

I did the IP stuff and logged in before starting to seed. The torrents didn't show up at first, but in the FAQ it said it could take an hour or so, so I figured I was fine.

Hmm... I don't believe there was anything wrong with the tracker... but what might have happened was that that IP was associated with someone else, perhaps someone with the same idea as you

Offline BlownUpp

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2006, 07:59:45 am »

Hmm... I don't believe there was anything wrong with the tracker... but what might have happened was that that IP was associated with someone else, perhaps someone with the same idea as you

Meh, what ever. I'll just up another 6gb >.<

Offline MED401

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2006, 03:45:56 am »
I have read this whole thread and I have tried everything at least once and some three times, some even more than that.  I have been trying to solve this problem since yesterday.  I have been seeding 8 torrents since last night and have uploaded almost 3 GB, I'm registering at zero on the site.   At least tonight I'm being listed by my user name(when I'm listed) not my ISP.  I have just started a new torrent tonight.  Here are the details from my tracker:

GitS Innocence OST: Uploaded 108 MB Ratio: .963
GitS OST 3 (FLAC): uploaded 136 MB Ratio .325  I didn't want the FLAC version but I will still seed this to 100% before I delete it.
GitS OST Collection (movie & tv): uploaded 146MB Ratio .400
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust: Uploaded 506 MB Ratio .364
Vampire Princess Miyu:  Uploaded 1.38 GB Ratio .342
Dark Tours: Uploaded 158 MB Ratio.563
Elfen Laid:  Uploaded 216 MB Ratio .436
Virtuacall: Uploaded 183 MB Ratio .443
GitS OST 3 (MP3 version): Uploaded 21.8 Ratio .652 this is the one I'm leeching now.

Here are the title listed in my profile:  I just refreshed the page and I seem to be getting some credit so I will add what's listed on my profile page.

GitS OST 3 FLAC uploaded 4.61 MB
GitS OST Movie & TV uploaded 6.06 MB
Vampire Hunter D Uploaded 6.63 MB
Vampire Princess Miyu Uploaded 6.41 MB
GitS OST 3 (MP3) Uploaded 10.78 ratio .653
All the other ratios are inf.

I hope this is enough information for you.  I tried to provide everything asked for.

I came back to edit in that I'm using utorrent 1.6

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2006, 08:36:34 am »
If the site shows the torrents you're downloadin the tracker is tracking you (quite accurately). The number may not match because they are usually old data, some 30 minutes or so.

--Jarudin--

Offline MED401

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2006, 11:16:42 am »
I'm not trying to be a snot here but did you read the discrepencies between the numbers on my tracker and the credit I'm getting?  Do I just have to eat those losses?  There's quite a difference between 1.38 GB and 6.41 MB.  That's for Vampire Princesss Miyu.  I could post a screenshot of my tracker but since you don't give credit, what good would that do?  I guess I'll resign myself to the fact that I've never been credited correctly here and things aren't going to change.  That's why I seldom use this site.  I like your selection of anime but I get tired of never being credited with the full amount I upload.  I'll get over it and dl accordingly.

Offline Nazo

• Former Staff
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2006, 05:33:22 pm »
Well... if you are listed under your IP, then any traffic during that time won't be counted under your account. This may be due to either logging in from a different IP (e.g. school or work) or you have dynamic IP that changes. If you have a static IP, or you never log in from elsewhere, that shouldn't be a problem.

Oh and if you happen to use DHT, turn it off because you may lose some stats that way as well.

Quick checklist, before you start your torrents:
1. Login
2. Go to profiles, uncheck lock IP, press submit
3. Logout
4. Login
5. Go to profiles, verify that your IP matches in lock IP box, check it off, press submit.
6. Start your torrents.
7. Wait a bit, and check back to see that your torrents are listed under your profiles (click on profiles first to update page)

Offline MED401

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2006, 01:59:16 am »
Thanks for trying to help.  I already did all those things and that may be why I'm getting credited now.  The last thing I did was disable DHT and Peer Exchange so that may be when I started getting credit.

Offline ripper13

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2006, 08:57:55 pm »
so i decided to fix my update ratio problem and it seemed to work..all i did was uncheck lock ip logout then login back check the lock ip and then resumed the torrent i was downloading

the problem now is that in my profile on the homepage it shows twice that im leeching the same file (initial d 1st)
and my download speed dropped from 30kbps to 1-2
whats wrong any help?

edit: i noticed that somehow it shows the other torrent im downloading as boxtorrents torrent (its not even from this site)..so when i paused it, in the profile ta ratio update of the first torrent showed as initial_d stopped while the other that i ve left the original initial-d continues..
eem weird..why it would do that?