Author Topic: New users: Read this before posting torrent client requests/discussions!!  (Read 9738 times)

Offline Clannad_92

• ~Rem~
Whitelist is superimposed, private or publicly.
Example : 3.3.2 not whielisted on private and public? that news to me

Offline ryrynz

^ i do think its best to just wait for the notice from mods/admins regarding this "when will ___ be added in whitelist?"
nagging about it is useless, since this is a semi-private tracker; you want to use latest version of a client, just dont use BBT account; be public

I know.. But the wait continues.. I'm hoping 3.4.1 has finally brought about "acceptable" quality and stability. 3.3.x was a mess, 3.4.x still needs work, but it's better than 3.3.x was.
At least passing on some info on what's failed and why would be a great for transparency towards users. I did mention this some time back.
I'm not asking when and certainly not nagging (I hope you can tell the difference) I've been here long enough to know how this whitelisting procedure works, thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 08:49:10 am by ryrynz »

Offline avatarl

^ i do think its best to just wait for the notice from mods/admins regarding this "when will ___ be added in whitelist?"
nagging about it is useless, since this is a semi-private tracker; you want to use latest version of a client, just dont use BBT account; be public

I know.. But the wait continues.. I'm hoping 3.4.1 has finally brought about "acceptable" quality and stability. 3.3.x was a mess, 3.4.x still needs work, but it's better than 3.3.x was.
At least passing on some info on what's failed and why would be a great for transparency towards users. I did mention this some time back.
I'm not asking when and certainly not nagging (I hope you can tell the difference) I've been here long enough to know how this whitelisting procedure works, thanks anyway.

Judging by the utorrent forum, I wouldn't get my hopes high.

Offline avatarl

Any chance we can get a final answer about utorrent/Bittorrent clients?  The re-opened request thread is already getting the same old requests.

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• CP @ Live-eviL
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
    • Live-eviL
I guess they opened it up after letting the topic cool down, but it's not gonna work. With 100,000 users and popular client that you don't want to use the updates of, it's just hopeless.

Offline Al_Sleeper

Maybe a couple of hundreds of 10-month warnings WILL help :).

Offline Clannad_92

• ~Rem~
or they can enforce use only whitelist and ignore shitty request

Offline Tornado15550

Honestly, the best way to get the latest uTorrent whitelisted is by making it less crappier than the previous builds. So if uTorrent 3.4.1 is better than the current 3.3.1, it will get whitelisted. Simple as that. So if users want it whitelisted, they should head over to the uTorrent Forums and tell the devs to do their jobs properly. Make a better client, and it'll be whitelisted.

Also, admins and mods are usually very understanding of users. Duki whitelisted uTorrent 3.3 even though he personally detested it.

Offline avatarl

Honestly, the best way to get the latest uTorrent whitelisted is by making it less crappier than the previous builds. So if uTorrent 3.4.1 is better than the current 3.3.1, it will get whitelisted. Simple as that. So if users want it whitelisted, they should head over to the uTorrent Forums and tell the devs to do their jobs properly. Make a better client, and it'll be whitelisted.

Also, admins and mods are usually very understanding of users. Duki whitelisted uTorrent 3.3 even though he personally detested it.

Pretty sure you can't reason with the admins and mods of the utorrent forum.  They're as fanboyish as they come, as I recall from my time there.  As for devs, they seem nice but they put the adware and stuff like that in there in the first place, and are also mainly responsible for this endless utorrent mess so...

Offline shaelalove

Re: New users: Read this before posting torrent client requests/discussions!!
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 10:00:11 pm »
Can you approve JSTorrent? I just got a chromebook and its the only torrent client available on it.

Offline rmrmrm

Can you please add qBittorrent 2.9.8.
For some reason it is not on http://bakabt.me/whitelist.php despite many other newer and older versions are.
But 2.9.8 is the version that ended up being shipped in Debian Stable (Wheezy): https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=qbittorrent

Offline Chiyachan

• Staff
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
Wow. No.
Quote from: Enzedder
I agree that its a lounge but its not a supergay lounge.
'Onest, I'm a super cute gal. Befriend me? ;D

Online Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
Can you approve JSTorrent? I just got a chromebook and its the only torrent client available on it.
Possibly, if you actually asked in the proper place.  Here?  Nope.  Maybe reading the initial post would help..?  Naaaah.

Le sigh.

@ avatarl:  Yeah, no joke there.  And I thought PS4/XBone users were the worst fanboi/gurls out there.  Yeesh!

Offline ryrynz

So almost another year down the track and a whole host of fixes for utorrent have made their way in. Finally we have a 3.4.3 release.
3.2.3 (which is approved) has many issues I'd like resolved with my BakaBT seeder, will it be tested?

Offline Tornado15550

So almost another year down the track and a whole host of fixes for utorrent have made their way in. Finally we have a 3.4.3 release.
3.2.3 (which is approved) has many issues I'd like resolved with my BakaBT seeder, will it be tested?
Ever since BakaBT stopped approving newer versions of µTorrent, I've pretty much stopped seeding my torrents on this site. I hope 3.4.3 gets tested.

Offline ryrynz

Ever since BakaBT stopped approving newer versions of µTorrent, I've pretty much stopped seeding my torrents on this site. I hope 3.4.3 gets tested.

I honestly considered abandoning seeding here also, so I can totally understand your reasoning.

There's a lot of issues in the 3.2 and 3.3 code base that have been resolved. While 3.4.2 dragged on forever we finally have a new version in 3.4.3

It should be a better client than any 3.x bakaBT approved release so far.

Offline DefyingChick

• its 'Defying Chicken', but no matter ^^
Duki3003 edit: All new uTorrent 3.x stable releases will be delayed for a few weeks (usually 2) until the client proves stable, please avoid requesting it over and over again - it will not get it whitelisted faster!
Users who fail to follow this will receive up to 30 day warnings on their accounts

Offline Tornado15550

@DefyingChick
We get that. We just have zero replies from the staff and admins. This kind of deafening silence is what's getting to me. Also, what you've quoted above is obsolete. If the admins were in fact testing newer µTorrent builds, we'd see µTorrent 3.4.2 whitelisted because its been a lot more than 2-4 weeks since it was released and it is quite similar to µTorrent 3.4.3. I personally believe that the admins have stopped testing it and have pretty much banned all future µTorrent versions.

I don't like the fact that the admins are calling 3.X (and future) versions "bad" without really testing the newest codebase.

I have to agree with the admins that µTorrent 3.3.X was absolutely terrible. It was a bloated mess, but things have changed and the latest µTorrent is a lot more stable and is a lot less resource hungry than the former versions. The BakaBT admins argue that µTorrent is not the best program, and they have every right to their own personal opinion, but handcuffing BakaBT users from using a recent µTorrent build (which works perfectly fine on private trackers) is less than ideal.

The BakaBT admins say they have people saying the same thing over and over again. That's because unless a torrent client has a negative impact on the torrent tracker, the admins should have NO say on what client a user can use.

The current situation is similar to the admins saying you can't use the Chrome Browser on BakaBT anymore because the recent builds have been memory hungry. Does it affect the tracker? No.

Now just watch the admins dismiss my post or simply lock the thread because I went against their beliefs.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:39:12 pm by Tornado15550 »

Offline DefyingChick

• its 'Defying Chicken', but no matter ^^
This site is more or less charity. The mods and admins are freely giving their free time to us in all the work that's being put down to make sure everything works as it's suppose to. I don't know about you, but for me spare time and motivation comes in waves. I've been playing as much games as I could this week, about an hour. And I don't even have school to worry about. You're welcome to apply as staff, but I don't think I remember you doing that, so excuse them for not having the time to test and check everything the over 200 000 registered users want.

Also, as an archiveing tracker with 0 dead torrents and a seed/leach ratio of ~40, I don't think the few people who has to have the latest utorrent leaving is a real concern.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
Now just watch the admins dismiss my post or simply lock the thread because I went against their beliefs.