Author Topic: Indiana Jones  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Ish

• Ish
    • ish
Indiana Jones
« on: May 29, 2008, 06:04:26 am »
I saw the Indy flick last week. I've been a die hard fan all my life, considering the films have been out longer than I have. Needless to say, I was super excited for the movie, and quite frankly, as fun and entertaining as it was, I was rather disappointed by the turn of events. I never pictured Indiana Jones as an alien type of movie. Leave it to Spielberg to twist any topic around into a mars attacks movie.Anyone else seen it? Ford is an old motherfucker...but man does he kick ass.

the spoiler tag doesn't seem to work for me -_-
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 06:07:03 am by Ish »

Offline aghstnashell

• Dont make me stab you.
Re: Indiana Jones
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 06:25:59 am »
Yeah I have seen it, and yeah the spoiler tage doesn't work anymore -_-'

It was a good movie, but it didn't live up to the old movies.

Offline Quadlazer

• Animation Buff
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 07:15:08 am »
Spoilers:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The aliens were George Lucas' idea, not Spielberg. In fact, the original title of the script (written by George Lucas) was Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars. It was written in 1995, around the time X-files was really popular. Lucas has pointed out that he could never think of an object greater than the holy grail for Indy to chase after, and that's why he never made a 4th Indy film. I guess an alien artifact was the McGuffin he was looking for to trump the holy grail. He was also a fan of Forbiden Planet and Buck Rogers, so it's no surprise he would try to wedge aliens into the Indy story.

More facts, and the original scripts can be found here: http://www.theraider.net/features/articles/lost_drafts_05.php

I personally didn't like the ending. Everything up until the last 15 minutes was great. Even Shila Labeouf was good in the film. Harrison Ford didn't look that old except in the very first scene (I thought that was funny; he managed to look young in every scene except his introduction!)

Offline aghstnashell

• Dont make me stab you.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 07:49:01 am »
That original title is really crappy  :D

Maybe put (Spoilers) in the title so somebody doesn't just  waltz on in here and have part of the movie revealed  ;)

Offline Quadlazer

• Animation Buff
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 07:58:54 am »
Spielberg was probably the only voice of reason during the filming. He was the one who rejected the original title.

Offline daley

• I LUBS MY hershey ROBS!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 01:54:39 am »
You could definitely tell it was written by Lucas but overall, i still enjoyed the movie. Despite myself thinking that it went somewhere where it didnt have to go. I also liked the reoccuring characters and plots which were throughout the movie!

overal, a good movie experience since Indiana Jones is fucking boss. But in terms of actual story line, it really needed more work.

witness the hershey lub~      where for art thou jellsio?