As a way to learn pattern matching, jsoup and at the same time find something to upload, I decided to go through the process of parsing and cross-checking manga-updates and bakabt in order to discover which manga were missing from bakabt (as of the 10th of August, 2014).
The result, which I hope will be useful to whoever wants to contribute to the manga database, are the following 4 tables.
I split the result in 4 for size convenience, taking as criteria being oneshot and/or having genre hentai.
However, the pages are still quite large and they may take some time to load!
oneshot and not
hentai) - 2.3 MB
oneshot and hentai) - 170 KB
(manga oneshot and not
hentai) - 925 KB
(manga oneshot and hentai) - 380 KB
- Since the main problem is retrieving files, I added a field ACTIVE% which indicates, as a percentage, the number of chapters (taken singularly) with an active group associated. So, if a manga has 100% for this field, it means that for each chapter there's at least an active group that worked on it. (it won't always be correct since I didn't take into account all the idiosyncrasies of the manga-updates database. Nonetheless it should be a good approximation most of the times...hopefully!).
- All the manga in the list are completely scanlated as they were returned from the manga-updates advanced search with that radio button checked.
- I excluded doujinshi, lolicon, shotacon, non published and blacklisted manga. (still check before offering though!)
- Columns are sortable.
So, yeah, I hope this can be of some use! If you have any feedback, let me know.
Edit: here's the list of the blacklisted
titles as extracted from the two blacklisted sites:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.