Author Topic: Uploading all my RAWS!  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Area88

• AnimeClassicReviews.com
    • Anime Classic Reviews
Uploading all my RAWS!
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:43:59 pm »
I will be uploading all my raws within the next few days on Mega to share with you all.

Links are posted below, decryption key for that file is in bold (copy and paste the underscore if there is one).

Laserdisc Raws:

Money Wars (1991 Gainax OVA about stockbroking) -  CLICK HERE - U2wWX3wNP6kp8_iI3EFeUTMB9qHfWpo2zD9exnwJZgk
MAPS (1987 Original, far superior to the 1994 version) -  CLICK HERE - _qEQArLoUYGCEJgpOcTGneA6-PLw5OfbY9UooXWcV0U
POPS (1991 Tragic Romance anime, great designs) - CLICK HERE - CUVFWXRV5xk9nKdTRWLG5kiLFJbrZhuI1EvFaopaMs0
Taiman Blues (1987 Stylish Bike Gang anime) - CLICK HERE - nql6Ys8lwLwMpO6uGD4ycJpM8ub2fjlpGuhFMOlCFhc
Bavi Stock (1985 Sci Fi Fantasy - a personal favorite mine) - CLICK HERE - MayWK90wxRTgXT8jZ9ovgmEBHsggI8aVLO1g4LZCxXM
Majo Demo Steady (1986 Romance comedy OVA) -  CLICK HERE - rx7hqj8bfIY7M8mUYzusuK7qNJet1BFn28csOM0Zcmc
High School Agent OVA 1 (1988 Undercover Action) - CLICK HERE - V2J3MtyzLP75AByxEDO0ehrWbfkhBgMWQfLa_f_O00w
High School Agent OVA 2 (1988 Undercover Action) CLICK HERE - mEvigjF24i5hRijKkTFzYqMxNA0loXGZKW217dPCtTI
Karuizawa Syndrome (1986 Comedy) - CLICK HERE - pLQQVi_nGEzYKrUBUxHlDqX_51ek3w7WD16R2XtUMWI
Asatte Dance (1990 Romance) - CLICK HERE - b69I__9xz6vZu_g1_pC1FepsAJ2pAGn7KCzTVS7vrUE
Joker Marginal City (1992 Person who morphs gender) - CLICK HERE

VHS Raws:

Download (1992 OVA about techonology) - CLICK HERE - 4ptJxWmlARJRQKCE2JZgvuzTs7gEPXsZeucFoZF5hjM
Pelican Road Culture Club (1986 OVA Classic) - CLICK HERE - !UY742Wo4g5cFAa1jP9Z98YegCAGMbJpdjxGBZOdCqKI
Samuraider - (1991 OVA) CLICK HERE - !I9VQhT5LyI-n3uHm0UOUULodk9iRp0IqS4Q2jqgrXws

Laserdisc raws are close to DVD quality.

Why do this? Well there has been a massive glut of anybody fansubbing 80's OVA's for a few years. Literally nothing has come out but recirculation of old subs on new sources.

I want to share these files with as many groups as possible. These raws will never be deleted so they are open to everyone. Please enjoy and spread the word.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:18:04 am by Area88 »

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• CP @ Live-eviL
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
    • Live-eviL
Re: Uploading all my RAWS!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:04:06 am »
I think we in Orphan should take notice  :P Archivist?

Offline Morellet

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:43:20 am »
Very cool, thanks! Looking forward to it! Money Wars especially sounds very interesting, as does Download.

I have a really small RAW anime collection myself, which also mostly consists of old-school stuff like this and indie ONAs/webcasts. Most of my RAWs are from NyaaTorrents and AnimeBytes, with a few coming from rutracker.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:42:03 am »
Hey Area88, who ripped the LDs? Was it you?
A pal of mine is looking for a guide on proper LD ripping. Are you able you help out?

Offline Area88

• Anime Classic Reviews
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:26:53 pm »
I think we in Orphan should take notice  :P Archivist?
I've lost raws and encodes before. I was storing everything on Megaupload. Wow did that turn out to be a massive mistake. Luckily I recovered most but not all my stuff. From now on I am a Full Metal Archivist. Everything must go on DVD-R.

A pal of mine is looking for a guide on proper LD ripping. Are you able you help out?
These are all raws that I have collected online. I don't buy Laserdiscs because they are usually too expensive. I have a large VHS collection though of raws. I never got round to converting them though. I've helped one person capture a Laserdisc but it was very unorthodox. We used a dvd recorder and then put the DVD in a computer or laptop and used a high quality file converter. I've used a lot over the past but I really like Format Factory which is freeware. I've found it gives much better results than AutoGK which I used to use back in 2007.

Hope you find the steps you are looking for. Obviously hooking up the Laserdisc player to your computer directly will be probably yield the best results. You will need an adaptor and some compatible software.

EDIT - If anyone is interested I can produce timed scripts that need translating. However I'd have to work on them one at a time which I am more than willing to do. Might start with Maps first.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:31:22 pm by Area88 »

Offline Morellet

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 11:22:54 pm »
For some reason, I can't get any of these files to download. I copy and paste the decryption key, but I always get an error saying "Cannot decrypt metadata without key." Also, I'm not quite sure how the ones with underscores are different -- wouldn't most people copy and paste the underscore for all of these files/decryption keys?

Also, fong encoded an R2J DVD-rip of Karuizawa Syndrome. I have it if anyone needs it. But I think it's still seeded on Nyaa. I had High School Agent and Joker: Marginal City before, but I'm not sure if they're the same encodes.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:17:43 am by Morellet »

Offline ConsiderPhlebas

• CP @ Live-eviL
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
    • Live-eviL
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 11:45:22 pm »
Morellet, I had no problem DL the first one, using the encryption key just as it's specified, including the underscore. I use IE 10 at the moment.

Edit: Second one gives same error message as you get.

Krudda, for LD encoding, OnDeed may have some tips. I'm pretty sure there was a post about it in the past, but I can't find it. Suzakumiko has also encoded LD for L-E subbing. Your friend would probably have to acquire a decent player, though, unless (s)he already has one.

Area88, with "Archivist?" I meant for the leader of Orphan, Collectr that uses the nick Archivist here, to take notice. But your take on it was a win  :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:49:00 pm by ConsiderPhlebas »

Offline Morellet

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 12:08:12 am »
Morellet, I had no problem DL the first one, using the encryption key just as it's specified, including the underscore. I use IE 10 at the moment.

Edit: Second one gives same error message as you get.
Weird -- I just tried again and it still gave me the same error. I even tried copying the decryption key first into Notepad, and then re-copying and pasting it, but alas! no success. Dunno... ;\ Oh, but I usually use Chrome (apparently Version 38.0.2125.111 m), but I can try using Firefox instead and see if it that works. I should've thought to try using a different browser, so thanks.

EDIT: Hmm, tried using Firefox and I still get the same error message. I've had problems with MEGA before too, like I've downloaded files from it that ended up getting slightly corrupted.

EDIT #2: OK, I tried it from a different computer and had no problems this time. I downloaded everything that I didn't have except MAPS.

Krudda, for LD encoding, OnDeed may have some tips. I'm pretty sure there was a post about it in the past, but I can't find it. Suzakumiko has also encoded LD for L-E subbing. Your friend would probably have to acquire a decent player, though, unless (s)he already has one.
@Krudda, also maybe ask Macross2012, since they seem to know a lot about encoding LDs.

Area88, with "Archivist?" I meant for the leader of Orphan, Collectr that uses the nick Archivist here, to take notice. But your take on it was a win  :D
Hehe, yeah, "Full Metal Archivist" cracked me up. Brilliant pun, Area88. :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:04:54 am by Morellet »

Offline OnDeed

• Uploader account for [email protected]
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 01:35:21 am »

I don't really have first-hand experience with laserdisc encoding, but it is somewhat similar to encoding the usual composite/field blended DVDs...
It was probably about this thread? http://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=37289.0

Here is the script/template I was sending those people from that thread: http://pastebin.com/LC4pB1Sg You'll have to get dirty with avisynth, isn't that great? :)
It's not perfect by any means (for example I always use manual IVTC through Yatta if there aren't blends, but this thing only does it auto through TFM/Tdecimate), but it could be a start for people.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:08:49 am by OnDeed »

Offline Macross2012

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 09:40:43 pm »
Does anyone know if Asatte Dance episode 2 was ever on LD?  I have the first volume but have seen no sign at all of a second LD.  Hate it when that happens.  That's a good list there too.  I hope I can get MAPS and Taiman Blues on LD one day, they are hard to come across like so many Columbia titles.  Same with Download which is mega rare!  When I first started buying from yahoo, it was one of the first titles I bid on, but the proxy I had at the time sucked and I missed out on it.  It went for ¥2980.  You'd be lucky to get it for under ¥12,000 IF it appears on yahoo.

Are there any other titles you are after?  I remember finding a tread of yours somewhere with covers of a lot of old OVAs.  I have quite a few of those titles now.

I should also add that Money Wars and High School Agent are VHS.  No LD release sadly :(  LOVED High School Agent, got it 2 months or so ago.  I thought the amount of LD titles that never made it to DVD was bad.  There is an even greater number of VHS titles that never made it to LD or DVD.  Some DVD-less GAINAX titles have popped up on BD so hopefully, Money Wars will be one that makes it out.  Naki no Ryu should stay on LD I think.

POPS is also a VHS rip and not LD.  I will keep an eye out for a LD version but it looks like it was not released, which is strange.  The other "マーガレットビデオ" (Margaret Video, strange name) titles were all on LD as far as I know.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:39:05 am by Macross2012 »

Offline Area88

• Anime Classic Reviews
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 02:16:43 am »
With regards to Asatte Dance. According to ANN, it was only initially released on VHS in 1991. But then got a LD release in 1993 but only volume 1.

I feel your love for High School Agent. I love the 2nd episode so much.

Thanks for the clarifications. I will re-categorise the titles you mentioned.

Lol, I'm impressed you found and remembered that massive collage of 80's anime covers I posted. It can be found easily here: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/threads/50335-Anime-Cover-Art-Unknown-80-s. I posted this back in 2008 when I was 21 years old. It's amazing that all of that stuff was unobtainable at the time. I actually had a friend in Japan at the time and we bought everything we could off Amazon Japan. I never got the 2nd video though on the list. The one with the woman with red hair.

I was so obsessed in finding lost anime back then I would submit everything I could to the ANN encyclopedia.

Anyway will be uploading more raws tomorrow. Pelican Road Culture Club and a few others.

Offline Macross2012

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 05:04:56 pm »
Toki-iro Kaima looks like another victim of stupid company not releasing on LD.  Such a shame as the cover art is awesome.  I found the first volume a few weeks ago for 150yen which I almost bought but I cannot find either of my videos so it is a bit pointless.  Also 1 episode of 4 is also a bit pointless.  There is a set of 4 on yahoo starting at 1000yen, not bad.  I really want to get into buying VHS as well because of the aforementioned "VHS only" problem.

NINETEEN19 was one of the first titles I downloaded from baka and I absolutely fell in love with it.  I could not find evidence of an LD release and when I did, it was no where to be found so I actually bought a VHS copy.  Never got to watch it of course!  Thankfully I eventually got the LD for a whopping 200yen.  I was majorly disappointed when it arrived, it looks not better than a bloody VHS version, bah.

I will send those samples of Pelican Road to you tomorrow, too.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:35:58 pm by Macross2012 »

Offline Otogirisou

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 03:57:12 am »
I have raw kinniku man  https://mega.nz/#F!r9w2HJzb!UCGFwjhqxHlgAvrJakTuwg

Please engsub!!!