Author Topic: Overwatch [Blizzard]  (Read 5114 times)

Offline Chiyachan

• Staff
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
Re: Overwatch [Blizzard]
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2017, 09:35:45 pm »
If you're gold or better, add me and let's play? :D
Quote from: Enzedder
I agree that its a lounge but its not a supergay lounge.
'Onest, I'm a super cute gal. Befriend me? ;D

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2017, 12:03:33 am »
Finally completed my placements, started high silver and I'm now approaching mid-gold.

Maybe we can try a BBT 6-stack once, though I guess timezones will kill this idea if rank-limitations and disinterest don't.

Offline 1000mAh

• bananas, melonas, tralala, ding ding dong
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2017, 12:52:15 am »
If you're gold or better, add me and let's play? :D

I'm at 2658 so low plat atm, so sure, I can play xD
going by tag Arthasman #2541 in bnet currently

and Lololitas, I think the bigger issue is regions over the Time zones, As the time between Europeans is among 0-5 hrs, so amongst the European or respectively American players likely wouldn't find the timezones to be the problems, but the regions. After rank and disinterest.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:21:58 am by 1000mAh »

Don't EVER touch my snacks!||Discord

Offline lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2017, 01:24:37 am »
Apparently region differences aren't so bad, or at least it's still playable from here to NA.

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2017, 01:30:35 am »
yeah it is playable, but when comparing my 50ms ping within EU competitive games to the american base 270ms on PTR, you can see the difference....
In this fast pased game like overwatch, those split seconds are usually the difference between death and kill

Offline lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2017, 01:35:26 am »
I remember getting something around 100-120 when I tried this once, which i consider playable, 270 is too high indeed.

Offline 1000mAh

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2017, 01:37:12 am »
yeah, I can't really pla ywith Americans on their servers when my ping is a quarter of a second...

Offline Winkle

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2017, 09:43:56 pm »
I would probably add you guys if i lived in europe. I just tried out the european server and was getting over 350ms ping lol.

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2017, 03:22:17 am »
So, RIP sentry mode Bastion?  Defending second point on Volskya was difficult enough.  Now It'll be impossible with turret mode.  That's just my impression from what I've seen from ptr videos.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2017, 04:39:27 am »
So, RIP sentry mode Bastion?  Defending second point on Volskya was difficult enough.  Now It'll be impossible with turret mode.  That's just my impression from what I've seen from ptr videos.

From what I read:
Though they removed headshots from Sentry Mode, they boosted the ammunition to 300 and decreased the deployment time by a half-second.

That sounds not half bad to me.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2017, 06:52:45 am »
After seeing the video of Bastion in the PTR as well as the bonuses he will be getting I guess it's good that they removed headshot from him.  Otherwise there would be no way to push the objective.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline Winkle

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2017, 01:18:13 pm »
D.va is probably going to be a must-pick tank, maybe even replacing zarya and roadhog if bastion becomes the new meta for defence. Reinhardt shield + Defence matrix seems to be a good strat against sentry bastion, or even just a full dive comp.

Offline lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2017, 02:40:58 pm »
I don't think that D.va will be must pick.  pharah will be even better at countering bastion than before due to the larger dispersion in sentry mode. This only further reduces the viability of deathballs.

I'm much more disappointed by the mercy buff. It doesn't really make her more useful. Healing is still lower than Ana (who can also block enemy healing, boost friendly healing and sleep enemy ults), damage boost is still worse than Discord (zen can also heal at dps at the same time) and mercy can only do one at a time.

Offline Winkle

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2017, 04:01:25 pm »
Mercy needs an E ability. If I'm not mistaken, she's the only hero in the game without one. I'm not sure what they could give her though, maybe a temporary shield for herself and her healing recipient? idk.

Mercy does have lower hps, but this is offset by not really having to aim, whereas Ana needs to at least be a decent shot. I'm actually seeing mercy used a lot more now that triple tanks aren't used much anymore following the nerf to Ana's grenade.

Offline lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2017, 04:32:07 pm »
Yeah, but it's also impossible for mercy to get decent positioning due to the short range of the beam. You're always in danger and against a decent team, the first target. To make use of your ult you have to usually hide, leaving your team in a 5v6 situation, again anything but ideal. Also healing with an Ana alone is still strong enough to mostly counteract the effects of rez, because she can still get her team to full health very quickly, usually the time from the end of the fight to the rez is enough.

Also yeah, Ana's nerf made a totally OP ability into a still OP ability. Sure you can't burst heal as crazily anymore (325 in ~2 seconds before, now ~280 in the same time frame), but anti-heal is still just as lethal (and does a nice chunk of damage as well).

Mercy works great against disorganized teams though. If they don't focus her and she can remain in the fight until the rez is necessary, she is an asset. It works even better if the enemy team doesn't have Ana, since no one can remove her only utility from the game then. Currently in organized play, the only reason to pick mercy for me is to support a really good pharah, though depending on the map/situation I also use Ana for that.