Author Topic: Overwatch [Blizzard]  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
Re: Overwatch [Blizzard]
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 09:05:19 am »
There's Nova Covert Ops coming up next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they folded their SC:Ghost material into that.
It's just 5 missions :P

They know well enough that people don't really care for Nova much, the original concep was about Kerrigan and her first spec-ops team. They discarded the project because of World of Warcraft.

It's 9 missions, actually.

I've always liked Nova, probably because I like the whole inter-Terran politics of the setting and her role is interesting within it. She's like the Agent character from Joss Whedon's Serenity, who does awful things for the sake of a despotic government because it's - objectively, from their position - the best and most realistic option among a whole lot of crappy ones.  Rather than simply being a one note Bond-esque evil spy woman.
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 10:33:33 am »
She just does it because she likes being brainwashed every few months :P

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 01:45:03 pm »
She just does it because she likes being brainwashed every few months :P

She gets mind-wiped a few times, happens, no need to be pussy about it.
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline blackhole

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 06:00:21 pm »
Part of the job I guess.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2015, 04:23:39 am »
Early BETA stages, different view. This guy explains the game's mechanics and some other cool points.

Man this is addicting.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline Semnae

Overwatch
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 12:13:15 pm »
https://youtu.be/dushZybUYnM

Looks like Blizzard has cooked up a Team Fortress clone called Overwatch. This is a big step out thier comfort zone. Blizzard has never done a shooter before. The team centric shooter thing has already been done really well several times over, so I'm curious what they'll bring to the genre that's new and unique. To be honest, if this were coming out of any other company, I'd say, "It's been done", and wouldn't give it a second look. With the Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft series' behind them, I'm convinced everything Blizzard touches turns to gold. I'm sure we'll all love it and look forward to its many sequels.

Offline Ozzaharwood

• ζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘ
Re: Overwatch
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 02:17:02 pm »
Yeah, already played in the beta and bought the game almost instantly. Can't wait until tomorrow so that I can play again. If anyone is thinking about buying this because they enjoyed TF2, it is definitely worth it.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »
Is it a Online Multiplayer? I only play single player stuff, so...

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Ozzaharwood

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 06:15:12 pm »
Yes, only multiplayer. There is no single player.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:54 pm »
Search the forums before you post. Official thread is here.

Staff edit: topics merged
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:01:55 pm by macros74 »

Offline Ozzaharwood

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 10:08:36 pm »
3 hours until release. If anyone on NA is interested in playing with me, my BNET is Kaifaust#1860. I'll likely be playing all night, and would prefer playing in a party for the exp bonus. :^)

Offline blackhole

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 11:03:56 pm »
There's supposedly going to be some story mode later on. It will be playable with solo-play and with multiplayer, though details are at best sketchy.
Wouldn't count on it anytime soon.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2016, 11:22:32 pm »
I am so impressed with the Collector's Edition. This is easily over 200 USD for such a package ... Everything is neatly packed, the boxes are reusable (one of them looks like a cup holder) and they have a nice mesh from inside. The art book ... oh don't even get me started on that. Wrapped in a very nice plastic (hard to explain) and there's so much information inside the book itself. It's like an art book and a Bio on characters, there are stories inside as well. The soldier 76 is freaking huge and if you open the wrapping it stinks of paint ... Not putting it up! It's to good to be placed in my room (for now, and I don't have any room).

Anyways, thanks Amazon. Love your Prime discounts and fast deliveries. <3 Looking forward to playing it tomorrow.

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 05:22:02 pm »
I've been playing overwatch recently.  First in the open beta and then when it launched.  It's been a blast so far and I gotta say D.Va is my girl!  I've played with several characters and she's easily my favorite.  I was in a match the other day against a team of bastions riding the cart in Mumbani.  I managed to sneak up behind them and pulled off my ult...however I still didn't get play of the game.  That one went to a hanzo that only got one kill.  =.=*

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline Winkle

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 07:02:35 pm »
Bastions sentry mode dishes out some insane dps. Set yourself up on the payload, have a mercy heal/buff when necessary with a reinhardt shielding you, and you're pretty much guaranteed to win as long as the rest of the team keeps an eye out for flanking enemy players such as a tracer or reaper, whose ultimates can wreck your shit if you don't dispatch them fast enough.

I did this as bastion after we secured point A, then the match was over in under two minutes lol.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2016, 05:50:41 am »
Bastions sentry mode dishes out some insane dps. Set yourself up on the payload, have a mercy heal/buff when necessary with a reinhardt shielding you, and you're pretty much guaranteed to win as long as the rest of the team keeps an eye out for flanking enemy players such as a tracer or reaper, whose ultimates can wreck your shit if you don't dispatch them fast enough.

I did this as bastion after we secured point A, then the match was over in under two minutes lol.

What's it like being paired with players that have functional brains?  I've been stuck with the derpyest sons of bitches this side of the dark side of the moon.  Seriously, one match everyone went widowmaker except me.  The problem with this?  They couldn't shoot for shit!

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2016, 07:26:13 am »
I saw a TV commercial and I was surprised, no Tracer butt and no Widowmaker close-up.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 10:16:17 pm »

^ That's it. Bastion is crazy good if you have a healer and you're in a good position. Just watch out for snipers.

Offline Ozzaharwood

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 11:15:16 pm »
Bastion is probably the easiest hero to counter in the game. Just pick Genji or Hanzo and he is dead. He is a nub stomper, but that is about it.