Author Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition  (Read 14231 times)

Offline Takeshi

Dragon Age: Inquisition
« on: November 19, 2014, 02:23:06 am »
Just got my key. Pre-loading now; using a VPN later on. Should be just under one hour. School in six hours, will try and sleep = lol. And then play the fuck out of it when I get back. I have Thursday off too. :D

So incredibly hyped for this game. Can't remember the last time I was counting the hours and checking my email constantly. Can't really play any other games properly either. I hope it's better than Origins in my own terms. Can't wait to create my own Inquisitor, I love that they're voiced this time around. Never liked silent protagonists. Mass Effect would have been very different without a talking protagonist. There is just something very comforting looking forward to a game by Bioware after Ubisoft buttfucked the gaming community. And it doesn't seem like we have a BF4 on our hands. Hopefully, they've smartened up. Of course, now it's Ubisoft's turn...

Offline AceD

• Facebook
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 02:29:01 pm »
Got my key in my emails also. Gonna use a vpn aswell when I get home. Can't wait to play it!

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 02:48:47 pm »
Why the VPN?

Loved origins, stayed the fuck clear of two. I'm rather ambivalent towards this one. Will probably get it on a sale, if I can be arsed, sometime next year.

Offline froody1911

• Confucius say man's last will is dead giveaway.
    • froody1911
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:42:58 pm »
Still waiting for crack, hoping scene will deliver :'(

YOU'RE MOM

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 03:54:58 pm »
Why the VPN?

Loved origins, stayed the fuck clear of two. I'm rather ambivalent towards this one. Will probably get it on a sale, if I can be arsed, sometime next year.
Not released until the 21st in the UK.

Crack? good luck. It uses the same anti-temper on the exe as Lords of the Fallen and Fifa 15...still no crack for either of them.

Offline futz

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 06:09:27 pm »
It uses the same anti-temper on the exe as Lords of the Fallen and Fifa 15...still no crack for either of them.

I wouldn't use these two game as references. Fifa is known for its online play, so having a cracked Fifa is well... Not needed. And I doubt Lords appealed that many people. In my opinion, DA should be the real test for this protection.

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 06:17:21 pm »
Still waiting for crack, hoping scene will deliver :)
Pretty much the above revision.

Offline vuzedome

• Reppuzan~!
  • Awards Winner of the BakaBT Mahjong tournament 2010
    • GoGreenToday
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 06:29:47 pm »
I play like a pirate, then I buy for the giggles.
BBT Ika Musume Fan Club Member #000044   
Misaka Mikoto Fan Club Member #000044
BBT Duke Nukem Fan Club Member #0000002

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 11:08:10 pm »
It uses the same anti-temper on the exe as Lords of the Fallen and Fifa 15...still no crack for either of them.

I wouldn't use these two game as references. Fifa is known for its online play, so having a cracked Fifa is well... Not needed. And I doubt Lords appealed that many people. In my opinion, DA should be the real test for this protection.
There the only games I could reference since they are the only other ones I know of using the same technique  ;D . I'm sure it will be cracked eventually anyway, it's just matter of how long.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 11:10:02 pm »
But will the cracked versions get to use the tapestry from the keep?  ;)

Because we can!

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 09:09:36 pm »
Some information on the graphics settings.

Tessellation, textures, shadows, terrain, vegetation, water and ambient occlusion can't be switched without restarting the game.

AA isn't very demanding. 45,9 on high and 46,7 off.
MSAA is however, 32,5 with 4x and 46,7 off.
Mesh is not either. 46,7 with high and 45,2 with ultra.
I can recommend turning post-process quality to low to gain a significant fps boost. Sadly, I do like some of the features in that option, but I definitely don't need motion blur.

Geforce Experience recommends settings that give me 48,7 while the in-game "automatic" setting gives me 47 fps.

Make sure you play the game in windowed. I got 41,6 in that mode, 40,9 in fullscreen and 39,8 in windowed fullscreen.

HBAO isn't very demanding either from HBAO to HBAO Full. Only 43,0 to 45,8.
If you already have Textures on Ultra might as well choose Fade Touched. 0,4 difference in fps.
Nevermind, makes my game stutter insanely.
Tessellation gives 43 on medium and 40,7 on high. Will probably just stick with medium.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:34:57 am by Takeshi »

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »
Do the Main characters from DA1 and DA2 make an appearance/make a difference. (Only got DA1 save with me. Lost the DA2 save).

And yay for voiced MC. And let's see how good it with mods.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »
Do the Main characters from DA1 and DA2 make an appearance/make a difference. (Only got DA1 save with me. Lost the DA2 save).
Only one I know is Varric. Looking forward to seeing Morrigan show up though.

Offline vuzedome

• Reppuzan~!
  • Awards Winner of the BakaBT Mahjong tournament 2010
    • GoGreenToday
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 02:29:51 pm »
Our friendly cloister sister who happens to be an assassin will be in it.
BBT Ika Musume Fan Club Member #000044   
Misaka Mikoto Fan Club Member #000044
BBT Duke Nukem Fan Club Member #0000002

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 02:30:55 pm »
I've met Hawk. You do a quest in the main line with him/her. I've played 49 hours now....not done that many main quest missions either. Big game.

In my game Alistair  and my main character from DA1 are king and queen. Dunno if you meet them though, not far enough in and not looked for spoilers.

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 02:43:15 pm »
And holy fuck, what the heck is up with the benchmarks. Even GTX 970 can't handle 1440p. It looks like this one is really not optimized a lot. And SLI performance is damn bad on this one.

Well, my fav character, Morrigan is back. And there is the dragon age keep even if you don't have the previous saves, which is nice. (not having character creator for previous character is not nice though).

And post your Inquisitors you guys. I am really liking the character creator options.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline AceD

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »
My PC is really good and I can't do 1080p 60fps with everything on ultra. I've got like 3 or 4 settings on ultra and the rest on high and I get 65-85fps. Still, it looks great. I'll post my character later

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 11:23:35 pm »
Oh well. Consider my gaming machine is a laptop with a 650m. I guess I don't particularly have a reason to bother with it at the current moment. I'll get it on a sale sometime next year.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 01:19:57 am »
My elven mage called Caldiah; equipment and dialogue. Tricky to find some dialogue I hadn't exhausted. :D

Offline SeventyX7