Author Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition  (Read 14270 times)

Offline marinosgr

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 04:39:23 pm »
I'll give the game more time.This was a first impression I got,only.Maybe I'll check the Reaver class too

Offline Yurie

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »
I think the game strikes a good combat speed balance. You can get a lot of spells and stuff out quickly but tough enemies don't die fast. It feels kind of in the middle of a tactical RPG and an action one.

If you want to play it as a tactical game it is too fast. If you want an action game it is too slow. Yet it works for most people of both crowds.

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2014, 09:14:27 pm »
I think the game strikes a good combat speed balance. You can get a lot of spells and stuff out quickly but tough enemies don't die fast. It feels kind of in the middle of a tactical RPG and an action one.

If you want to play it as a tactical game it is too fast. If you want an action game it is too slow. Yet it works for most people of both crowds.
I made a dagger assassin and I one-shot like everything except dragons with my full combo, on the hardest difficulty.  :x

Offline Yurie

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2014, 06:54:26 am »

I made a dagger assassin and I one-shot like everything except dragons with my full combo, on the hardest difficulty.  :x

Did you have FF on? I read a lot of people that stopped playing melee chars due to the mage aoe killing their own characters if they didn't micro everything. I  don't like melee chars so havn't tried it.

Offline froody1911

• Confucius say man's last will is dead giveaway.
    • froody1911
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 09:39:16 am »
How is that even relevant to the discussion of combat speed?

YOU'RE MOM

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2015, 01:58:24 pm »
I started playing it a bit last night... lol, I spent way too much time in the character creator though... http://i.imgur.com/U1jXZ7H.jpg

Everything I've read seems to indicate that a Mage with the Knight Enchanter tree is the most OP so I think that's what I'll do.

Offline froody1911

• froody1911
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2015, 02:46:05 pm »
Knight Enchanter is OP as fuck. It's what I'm playing too. Just be prepared for people in the story to give you a hard time, because an apostate mage being the voice of Andraste = lolwut.

YOU'RE MOM

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2015, 03:48:14 pm »
I stayed clear of that class because I heard it was boring as fuck.  You literally spam one spell over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Offline froody1911

• froody1911
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2015, 04:23:48 pm »
Well, no, it isn't THAT monotonous. I find it rather fun to play actually.

YOU'RE MOM

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2015, 05:26:32 pm »
Anyone else feel that the romance options really suck? http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Romance_%28Inquisition%29

The only one I'm remotely interested in is Cassandra and they made her strictly straight, so that sucks. Sera is insane and Josephine is ugly. The remaining options aren't much better...

It's too bad, really. I probably won't do any romance. I actually enjoyed it in the previous games.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2015, 06:47:37 pm »
Josephine is ugly.
You must have high standards...

That being said, I wanted to romance Cassandra too, but I couldn't wait for her to want to talk to me about her fucking brother. Ain't nobody got time for that, girl. The world is ending, damn it!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:53:19 pm by Takeshi »

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2015, 10:13:30 pm »
Have to agree about Josephine and Sera.
Sera is fun to a point but then she just turns out batshit crazy.
I jumped on the NOPE train pretty fast there.

Just do what I did. Flirt with scout harding at every turn. You'll love it. She even reciprocates. And is willing to go serious.
But there is no romance tree for her  >:(

Lace my girl  :love:

Because we can!

Offline froody1911

• froody1911
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2015, 07:14:57 am »
I found Sera annoying and stupid as hell from the very first dialog. I seriously hope whoever wrote her intended her to seem that way, because otherwise I cannot imagine how insufferable a prick that writer might be.

YOU'RE MOM

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2015, 07:51:39 am »
I found Sera annoying and stupid as hell from the very first dialog. I seriously hope whoever wrote her intended her to seem that way, because otherwise I cannot imagine how insufferable a prick that writer might be.
Really?  The one with the arrow in the face?  Those sorts of moments were the best Sera ones imo.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2015, 08:00:36 am »
http://i.imgur.com/U1jXZ7H.jpg

You never go with an different image, do you? It's nice, but try something else for a change.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2015, 10:18:05 am »
That's not true... sometimes I do red eyeliner, red lipstick, and blue eyes.... and sometimes blue/lavender eyeliner with blue eyes.

I must say though, I'm not really a fan of all the lesbian haircuts. The lead art designer was either really into short hair or supremely lazy and didn't want to be bothered with clipping.

Offline froody1911

• froody1911
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2015, 11:10:07 am »
Really?  The one with the arrow in the face?  Those sorts of moments were the best Sera ones imo.
The premise of the scene is good and all but the dialog and her reasoning is just horrible.

YOU'RE MOM

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2015, 12:50:48 pm »
They have way too few hairstyles. And really no long hair either. Lazy bastards.
Props for having all hair available to both genders though.

Because we can!

Offline Tanis

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2015, 03:16:10 pm »
Tried running this on my laptop.

Even with everything on the bottom.

O boy...not going to happen.

Far Cry 4?
Sure, works pretty well.
DAI?
Ha...probably not.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2015, 05:33:37 pm »
Really? I run everything on Ultra.

Also... I don't recommend Knight Enchanter if you want to actually have fun. It's brokenly powerful but you're literally going to be using like 2-3 skills and largely just spamming a single skill over and over at melee range. Game went from fun to boring in an instant.