Author Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition  (Read 14179 times)

Offline Takeshi

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2015, 05:45:52 pm »
Tried running this on my laptop.

Even with everything on the bottom.

O boy...not going to happen.

Far Cry 4?
Sure, works pretty well.
DAI?
Ha...probably not.
Specs? I doubt the game is getting a lot more optimized in the coming months...

Really? I run everything on Ultra.
FPS and resolution?

I made a small guide on reddit.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2015, 06:01:46 pm »
Yeah, I'm all on ultra too. FPS was around 48 I think.

Because we can!

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2015, 06:20:14 pm »
47 to 60 fps, predominately around mid 50's, on 1080p.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2015, 07:17:33 pm »
The more I hear about Knight Enchanter, the more I want to play the role. Re-create Lelouch in DA:I, use Knight Enchanter, and go all magickyyy and get the job done real quick. ( I will just do it for a re-play I guess)

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2015, 07:51:18 pm »
It's soooo boring though... You literally only use Spirit Blade in melee range and Fade Cloak on recharge and that's it. You don't have the mana to do much of anything else and if you run out of mana you're dead.

If you're going to do it though here's a pretty good overview: http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2nkg93/why_the_knight_enchanter_is_the_best_dragon_hunter/

Also, here's the material locations...
http://i.imgur.com/KwI9TvO.jpg - where you find the wisp essence
http://i.imgur.com/S0IEVkF.jpg - cave where you find the ore you need, it's in the western approach

I'm actually going to go back hours in play to redo my spec to necromancer because knight enchanter just sucked the fun out of the game and I couldn't even bring myself to finish the rest with that.

Offline JoonasTo

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2015, 08:12:14 pm »
DON'T do it.
Necro is fucking annoying.
The skills are generally pretty bad but that's okay, the game isn't that hard.

What really sucks is that all the reanimations stay up after you've killed all the enemies. So if you happened to raise something and you win you need to wait FOREVER to be able to loot them.
And if you happen to be controlling someone else than the necro for a micro second the necro will raise the fucking corpse even after combat. Bosses included.
Have fun waiting 2 minutes after every boss fight to be able to loot the damn thing.

Because we can!

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2015, 08:15:26 pm »
hmm, hmm. Then it's going to be Archer then. Which is again a bit overpowered. Why do stuff I like are too overpowered?

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2015, 08:38:15 pm »
DON'T do it.
Necro is fucking annoying.
The skills are generally pretty bad but that's okay, the game isn't that hard.

What really sucks is that all the reanimations stay up after you've killed all the enemies. So if you happened to raise something and you win you need to wait FOREVER to be able to loot them.
And if you happen to be controlling someone else than the necro for a micro second the necro will raise the fucking corpse even after combat. Bosses included.
Have fun waiting 2 minutes after every boss fight to be able to loot the damn thing.
Just use the skill again to unsummon them.

Offline SeventyX7

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2015, 10:02:11 pm »
hmm, hmm. Then it's going to be Archer then. Which is again a bit overpowered. Why do stuff I like are too overpowered?
Everything is overpowered when you get the synergies between skills working together.  Archer/tempest does broken safe sustained dmg.  Knight Enchanter is immortal.  Rift magic mage has basically infinite mana/aoe/cc.

Warriors........................have to taunt shit...?

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2015, 12:06:54 am »
For Warriors sword/shield with the Champion branch is pretty much immortal but something like a 2 handed Reaver does a lot of damage.

The thing with the KE is that it doesn't exactly kill stuff quickly even if it is immortal so if you don't have support spells to keep the rest of your party up you're in for a long boring grind trying to kill a dragon or something.

You can pretty much see my KE's skill bar setup here... http://i.imgur.com/p5S6tqn.jpg

That's my preferred party choice too, champion tanking warrior with a reaver 2 handed warrior, and an extra mage for more dps and extra barriers.

I actually have barrier on my KE even though I make my own doing damage because it's pretty unrealistic to keep it up just with doing damage and having two sets of barriers in the party really helps the warriors stay unharmed. I have a revive too, cause... I'm immortal and Blackwall always stays up, but the other two might die... mostly Dorian... then again, that's probably my fault since he's still in his starter armor since he looks better than the goofy outfit I'd have him in if I gave him better armor... lol

I have Dorian fully specced as a necro with all the necro skills and he has chain lightning, immolate, and barrier. I probably gave him that guardian thing too... pretty sure I have that one as well. It's helpful.

I used to always bring Cassandra and 2 other mages but then after I got Iron Bull and set him up totally as 2 handed it was really fun to play with his earthshaker thing and bull's charge and stuff... and I was surprised how much damage those things do so I kept him around. Then I ended up putting Blackwall in my party because of all these Gray Warden quests... I figured it'd be best to actually have one in my party while doing them... and after I learned about specializations it seems like he's a better tank than Cassandra since he's a champion and she's a templar. As for Dorian, well... he's pretty and he has amusing dialog... and it's kinda interesting having a Tevinter in the party to comment on everything.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2015, 01:55:15 am »
Am I right in assuming that it's only the Inner Circle quests and romance options that disappear once you beat the game?

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2015, 07:27:20 am »

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2015, 10:59:11 am »
Those mods look like a pain in the ass to install... something about using mod organizer with the entire patch 2 and their modded files...

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2015, 12:41:22 pm »
Yeah, the tools and mod manager's are not completely done yet. Surprisingly, it does seem to taking to be it's own time. Bioware should just give the tools themselves, we would like them even more then.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2015, 06:35:54 pm »
By the way if you guys make a KE you absolutely have to make it armor or a weapon using a fade-touched silverite in the masterwork slot... omigod... it's even more OP!

Check out my armor: http://i.imgur.com/0Hoe3eU.jpg

The fade-touched silverite adds the 5 guard on hit... so you know how OP KE already was with the barrier up all the time... now imagine having a barrier up all the time AND full guard at all times... bahahaha! It's so overpowered!

One caveat is that I had to turn my mesh settings down to High because on Ultra the shoulder pad floats on the female humans... lots of people reported it.

Oh and best place to find silverite is in Emprise du Lion at the Highgrove Camp, there's 3 in the tunnel right by it then teleport to the Drakon camp and there's 2 there, then teleport to another city then back and keep doing that until you get one. Pretty easy.

You could do fade-touched onyx too but it only does like 2 or 3 guard on hit (I forget) instead of 5... make sure you have the right kind of fade-touched silverite too because there's another type that does some kind of chain lightning thing which is garbage.

By the way does anyone know of good places to find silk brocades? Or... maybe a merchant that sells it? The only notes I have written down from googling is that the highwaymen in Crestwood drop it and it's a random drop from arcane horrors, freeman, and venatori.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:39:35 pm by Tiffanys »

Offline JoonasTo

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2015, 07:42:58 pm »
Plus you can use regular silverite to make heavy armour for your mage.
Fade touched onyx is 3 guard on hit.

Basically any late game area with human venatori is full of the t3 clothes.

Because we can!

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »
You know what really grinds my gears about Dragon Age Inquisition?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:09:40 pm by Tiffanys »

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2015, 03:18:44 pm »
One of Hawke's siblings was a warden, depending on who you killed, but if you follow canon then his whiny brother was a warden.
Originally Hawke was not a blood mage, but after what EA did with the trailers, they just let it go. It wasn't the first time EA did something with a Trailer without consulting with anyone, why would they ? they don't give a shit.

They just let him be a blood mage for the novel as well cuz fuck that. Inquisition has a lot of people from the original team and they had the initial concept script so they stuck with it. Also there are many changes with the Dragon Age Keep.

Personally I don't give much fucks about Hawke, if it was Bethany, now that's a different story.

I did enjoy Cassandra's reaction though, that was fun.

Online froody1911

• Confucius say man's last will is dead giveaway.
    • froody1911
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2015, 03:00:20 pm »
You know what really grinds my gears about Dragon Age Inquisition?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Didn't you import your saves then? Or are you going the yo-ho-ho way like me?

YOU'RE MOM

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »
You don't import saved games because of a way different engine that doesn't support that, instead they developed a "create a back story" mode in the form of website where you generate the world state from Origins to Kirkwall.

Through your Origin Account this information is being fed to your New Game where you start the game at default state like most people that didn't buy the game, or you select one of the settings you make with Dragon Keep (website).

In Dragon Age 2 Trailers Hawke is shown in 2 classes, Mage and Warrior. But people claim he is a Mage through Canon. And a lot of people assume that because in the Novel he used blood magic he is also blood mage in canon.

Truth told, lore is changing the way the authors will deem necessary but in My opinion he was a mage but not a blood mage because that's what killed half of his family.
He hates it but he believes that Blood Magic in on itself is not good or evil, like Merril for example, she uses blood magic but never for bad things.