Author Topic: Angel Beats! BD 720p  (Read 951 times)

Offline Zaraki

• Staff
  • 皆さんこんにちは!
Angel Beats! BD 720p
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:42:26 pm »
Hey everyone,

So I was planning to offer Angel Beats! 720p version from deanzel, to replace the current joseole99 version.
The release of deanzel has an advantage with audio and subtitles. I also did some video comparison, but at this point I started to hesitate for offering it.
Here's the comparison: http://compare.bakashots.me/compare.php?setId=1468

Could someone tell me if it's worth it?
It looks like there's some detail loss to me, but I have untrained eyes, so maybe I'm talking bullshit.

Offline DefyingChick

• its 'Defying Chicken', but no matter ^^
Re: Angel Beats! BD 720p
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:47:33 pm »
joseole definetly had the best pictures, at least the 3 first(all I could bother with). Remux ?

Offline 12laus

• Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:05:32 am »
Joseole99's Tormaid remux is better than Doki, if we're just talking about video source.

Anyway, I would refrain from offering deanzel's releases if the series in question has relatively competent dual audio releases already.

His releases are too much of a 'pick the best from everything' hack job remux which is against our guidelines.

We accepted Angel Beats as philosophy-raws really wasn't that great and we'll probably accept TWGOK as well since it's the only dual audio release.

Offline deanzel

• Don't. Question.
    • My Nyaa releases
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 12:18:16 am »
Joseole99's Tormaid remux is better than Doki, if we're just talking about video source.

Anyway, I would refrain from offering deanzel's releases if the series in question has relatively competent dual audio releases already.

His releases are too much of a 'pick the best from everything' hack job remux which is against our guidelines.

We accepted Angel Beats as philosophy-raws really wasn't that great and we'll probably accept TWGOK as well since it's the only dual audio release.
While I agree on this one as the video source is worse, I constantly see BBT-RMXs on here all the time or just others substituting raws and fixing up other groups subs a bit. So what exactly are the correct guidelines?

Offline 12laus

• Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 12:22:06 am »
http://wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/Format_Preferences#Other_Guidelines

I guess your releases will fall under 'Exception 3'.

Edit: Most BBT-RMXs you see are probably the only version available, bar El Mendigo's, which at this point, I consider him a group.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:23:38 am by 12laus »

Offline deanzel

• Don't. Question.
    • My Nyaa releases
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 12:35:36 am »
Thanks for the clarity, 12laus. Good to know as I'm not incredibly familiar with the approval process here.