Author Topic: Now accepting bitcoins  (Read 6586 times)

Online Duki3003

• Admin
Now accepting bitcoins
« on: June 04, 2015, 12:15:26 am »
As a new way of supporting BakaBT, donators can now use bitcoins which can be easily acquired, among other ways, by using PayPal or Skrill.
We have posted a simple 5 step walktrough in our Wiki.
If you run into any problems, feel free to PM me directly.

The old methods of donating will still be available, however they are currently closed.

-Duki3003

Online Duki3003

• Admin
Re: Now accepting bitcoins
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:01:12 am »
Do keep in mind that while VirWox option we explained in the guide is the only option for accepting PayPal, also one of the fastest methods, but it does carry larger transaction fees.
48h delay for manual verification is enforced to all new accounts, and happens for the 1st Bitcoin withdrawal, every other time it will be more or less instant.

For testing purposes, a donation of 5 EUR transferred to 0.0160 BTC ~3.3 EUR using the current market values for instant orders via VirWox.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:36:07 am by Duki3003 »

Offline juggalojohn

• Just Be Nise
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 04:31:03 am »
Cool now I have somewhere to use my bit coins

Offline gamechaser

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:18:07 pm »
I don't really know or understand what bitcoin is, and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

Offline ANDARIAL

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »
I think I have asked before but is there no way to donate via paypal direct?
Like creating a few accounts and emptying them into a mods/BOSSes account,who then pays the bills?
 :)

Offline buchno

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 05:38:00 pm »
I don't really know or understand what bitcoin is, and at this point I'm afraid to ask.
It's a currency like dollar and euro. The difference is no nation is backing it.
Its value fluctuates relatively heavily, but if you spend them quickly, you shouldn't notice it.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 06:28:37 pm »
Like creating a few accounts and emptying them into a mods/BOSSes account,who then pays the bills?
Yes you have, and no, there isn't.
Large amount of small transactions always raises red flags with PayPal. Roundabout way _can_ technically be set up, but it involves risking staff members personal accounts, and they have no reason to expose themselves to risk when a safe alternative exists.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:38:07 pm by Duki3003 »

Offline ANDARIAL

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 10:22:28 pm »
 :-[ :-[ :-[
Sorry
Point taken

I `Think` i have managed to make a donation
Seems like it worked anyway :unsure:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:41:29 pm by ANDARIAL »

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 10:49:16 pm »
Bitcoins are still too much of a pain in the ass to acquire, imho.

Offline wolfking619

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 11:13:42 pm »
its always nice to see more options.

i think i'll do a small donation this summer got to save up a bit :)

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 11:19:08 pm »
Bitcoins are still too much of a pain in the ass to acquire, imho.
They really aren't that complicated as they may appear at a glance. Even the PayPal method (over VirWox) is fairly simple and straight forward.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:04:16 pm by Duki3003 »

Offline kevenka

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 06:25:41 pm »
Do keep in mind that while VirWox option we explained in the guide is the only option for accepting PayPal, also one of the fastest methods, but it does carry larger transaction fees.
48h delay for manual verification is enforced to all new accounts, and happens for the 1st Bitcoin withdrawal, every other time it will be more or less instant.

For testing purposes, a donation of 5 EUR transferred to 0.0160 BTC ~3.3 EUR using the current market values for instant orders via VirWox.

Meaning if this is our first donation with bitcoin, give it about 2 days before we check if the donation went through? o;

Offline ANDARIAL

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 07:03:36 pm »
 :(just had refund back from virwox >:(
Sorry guys no donation from me now :no:

Offline Alarido

• A bad osu! player working hard to improve mapping
    • just an osu! profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 05:04:11 pm »

In addition to the words @buchno said, Bitcoins are one of the crypto-coins that can made up (i.e., produced) by super heavily-equiped machines (more known as ASICS, which are the very expensive so far) using some special software. More details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
Give Love others in order to be loved. Although the whole world hate you, there's the One who still don't, even though you do for him.

Offline Al_Sleeper

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 05:39:13 pm »
In addition to the words @buchno said, Bitcoins are one of the crypto-coins that can made up (i.e., produced) by super heavily-equiped machines (more known as ASICS, which are the very expensive so far) using some special software.
Or just botnets :).

Offline Reela

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 06:51:56 pm »
Trying bitcoin payment for the first time :) Now I just have to wait and see if it will go through.

Offline picchu

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 06:31:35 pm »
Yes you have, and no, there isn't.
Large amount of small transactions always raises red flags with PayPal. Roundabout way _can_ technically be set up, but it involves risking staff members personal accounts, and they have no reason to expose themselves to risk when a safe alternative exists.

If nothing is backing it up then it has no value.
To me bitcoins are mostly for people in the dark in regards to how currency actually works. I do know a few companies accept them but they convert the coin back to real world currency if possible. Bitcoin is a fad targeted at the misinformed. I remember years ago when it was getting the spot light. Misleading articles on "profit" "high return" etc which just encourage people to buy into something that not only is physically nothing but completely unprotected/backed by anything. Sadly history shows this happened before..meaning a complete collapse of current top rated currency is highly possible.. China is most likely next top dog.

If anything people should buy items that stand the test of time. Example..Silver,Gold etc. Not the "rare" coins or the stock/paper versions.

Offline 12laus

• Staff
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 07:03:27 pm »
If you talk about it that way, all money in the 'real world' is useless. A policy change from any country can render their currency valueless.

Afaik, only the Swiss Franc has any ties to the value of gold anymore. Everything else just has pseudo value.

Offline Klyern

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 02:22:37 pm »

True, but nothing in this world has intrinsic value (except maybe morals lol), even food's value is relative. Look at gold, it might have properties which make it appealing, conductivity, corrosion resistance, etc. But if we found a both better and cheaper alternative for each of its uses (composite materials ¿?) then it would lose most of its value, value is relative to the dependance on something (aside from demand and supply), if people depend on Bitcoin for its convenience, it will have adhered value, but nothing, no vow, no word, promise, or bond ever had any intrinsic value no matter where or who it came from, if it did, we wouldn't need divorce attorneys now would we? ;)

Yet who are we to judge if the always epic BakaBT has now deferred to the less mighty Bitcoin :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:24:40 pm by Klyern »

Offline picchu

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 05:46:17 am »

True, but nothing in this world has intrinsic value (except maybe morals lol), even food's value is relative. Look at gold, it might have properties which make it appealing, conductivity, corrosion resistance, etc. But if we found a both better and cheaper alternative for each of its uses (composite materials ¿?) then it would lose most of its value, value is relative to the dependance on something (aside from demand and supply), if people depend on Bitcoin for its convenience, it will have adhered value, but nothing, no vow, no word, promise, or bond ever had any intrinsic value no matter where or who it came from, if it did, we wouldn't need divorce attorneys now would we? ;)

Yet who are we to judge if the always epic BakaBT has now deferred to the less mighty Bitcoin :P

Of course (inflation/deflation affects everything even people)..but bitcoin is more of a fad then something to consider as money. It is backed by being temporarily popular because you can "make easy money". Gold has stood the test of time in generally remaining consistent. Biggest issue is government interference, paper confusion, etc that falsely shake its foundation...Suppose this is all irrelevant now.. seeing as the current system our founding fathers fought so hard to prevent has already happened...again..

This false idea that bitcoin will replace the current system is beyond ridiculous. History shows us what already happens to competing currency. It will only remain if it stays small.

==========

If you talk about it that way, all money in the 'real world' is useless. A policy change from any country can render their currency valueless.

Afaik, only the Swiss Franc has any ties to the value of gold anymore. Everything else just has pseudo value.

Correct
This is an unfortunate loop of history that never seems to end. Sadly fought for and yet ignored once again. I wish schools taught children how business,taxes,money, etc works (world). We need to get the current/next generation out of the dark and stop running on a Ferris Wheel. Unfortunately even history is often sugar coated into a "good" vs "evil" super hero/drama book.  This topic always makes me ramble on so Ill stop here. I was almost writing a book on kids schools/teachers/PubvP and how they got tired of me changing them..ha

==========
Please don't double-post. Thank you -Staff
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:20:14 pm by Sashamaru »