Author Topic: Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4/Pro]  (Read 635 times)

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4/Pro]
« on: June 16, 2015, 07:56:47 am »
So this game looks awesome, nice story and all, awesome action ... but very bad direction on voice acting. It's so annoying, the main character shouldn't even talk at all.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:28:06 am by Tatsujin »

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
Re: Horizon [PS4]
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:27:49 am »
This game is keeping me at bay, 89.63% completion, have yet to touch the last and final main quest. Few more side-quests, got everything else.

Pros is literally everything. Cons is bad lip-syncing on secondary characters, limited gear, Very Hard difficulty is actually very hard, but needs to be turned up more, monster level scaling needs to be implemented with 3-5 extra levels higher to make it more challenging. Oh and the weird side-quests, some of them are. Main quest is *cough* AWESOME *cough* had to capitalize that.

Graphics on regular PS4 is super fucking gorgeous. FFXV bows down to this masterpiece, thx to Guerilla and Kojima. Combat with the machines double thumbs up. That first fight with the Watcher made it so thrilling. Hot damn FFXV should have been literally like this ...

Horizon is a combination of games (Rise of the Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, MGSV, Uncharted 4) put together with extra attention to combat and precise accuracy to the machine's bodies and armor types. The fluid 30 FPS never drops, the sexiness of Aloy is certainly welcomed.

No bugs, no crashes, unlike the god-awful Witcher 3.

Music score is by far the best for this game - it's just freaking amazing. It's perfect for the environments you're in - be it forest, desert, mountains, hills, hanging on cliffs ... combat as well - boss or regular or bandit camps.

Here is link to Amazon's scoring board,  4.8/5.

Meta 89 critics, 8.4 users.

:/ .. no DLC confirmation yet ... wtf guerilla!

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Online Govna

Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4/Pro]
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 04:00:45 pm »
Na I've noticed framerate drops on my normal PS4 whenever you're around large crowds of whatever, which normally happens with the cities or bandit camps, thought occasionally can happen if you spend time kiting robots together. I think it's more related to the AI for animation than necessarily the poly count.

I don't mind the horrible lip-syncing or anything, since very few games do that well anyway. Them allowing you to skip dialogue so that I can just read the text helps a lot, though the cut-scenes can get annoying.

I've been playing on very hard and haven't really noticed any difficulty issues. I wonder if the difficulty affects resource count, but from what I've seen it hasn't.

I've also had monsters teleport around on me, but it happens when I get them up on rocks and the like, so I imagine it's meant to prevent them from getting into a giant pathing lock.

Overall the game is pretty fun, if you ignore the story stuff and just hunt robo dinosaurs you can get your moneys worth. But after you kill all the dinosaurs in all the fun ways you can think, that's pretty much it. The boss fight dinos are even the easier ones to kill.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:04:53 pm »
I've got to find the power cable to my PC monitor before I can play this game, but I hear good things.

Boss fights being easier than the actual regular fights reminds me of the PS3 version of Ninja Gaiden (Ninja Gaiden Sigma)

The end boss was laughably easy.

Offline Tanis

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:47:48 pm »
I'm kind of amazed at how many solid games have come out in the START of the year.

Usually all the 'heavy hitters' are released in the fall.

Hopefully this trend continues.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 09:53:58 pm »
I'm kind of amazed at how many solid games have come out in the START of the year.

I hope it doesn't. This is the time of year where I have the least spending money available to me.

Offline Tanis

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 02:23:16 am »

I hope it doesn't. This is the time of year where I have the least spending money available to me.
So you'd rather just be swamped at the end of the year?

I'd rather have games, hell, movies, spread out over the year instead of a 'fall rush'.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 02:42:50 am »
No, I'd rather what they did until last year: 3-5 good games spread between August to December

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 04:13:47 am »
Probably just coincidence that a surge of game releases have been happening after 2016 ended.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 08:56:38 am »
It's the Platinum Age of gaming. I really don't think we can get something better for a while now. I can only think of two more games to release i.e. God of War and Ace Combat (assumming Nier:Automata is already released on PS4).

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tanis

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 09:17:52 am »
It's the Platinum Age of gaming. I really don't think we can get something better for a while now. I can only think of two more games to release i.e. God of War and Ace Combat (assumming Nier:Automata is already released on PS4).
Persona.Five.
:heavy-breathing:

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 09:24:43 am »
(assumming Nier:Automata is already released on PS4).
It's been released in Japan for three weeks, America for one week and Australia for four days. I think Europe got it the same time as US, but I haven't checked.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 02:12:00 pm »
Did Tatsu just overwrite the entire main post instead of adding a reply here?

Tatsu pls

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 04:53:29 pm »
Tatsu is a Pro :)

Guerilla games are currently working on patching the games with solutions according to feedback and preparing to release PC version eventually, DLC will come out, 4 are planned before the end of this year and apparently they won't be small. They had enough of those flops in their career, better to fix what's doable now than release DLC and then spend years on not fixing.

Online Govna

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 06:44:38 pm »
Tatsu is a Pro :)

Guerilla games are currently working on patching the games with solutions according to feedback and preparing to release PC version eventually, DLC will come out, 4 are planned before the end of this year and apparently they won't be small. They had enough of those flops in their career, better to fix what's doable now than release DLC and then spend years on not fixing.

If there's really gonna be a PC version I wish I had known sooner, so I wouldn't have wasted my money.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 06:51:17 pm »
It's too good of a project to pass up. Sooner or later they will ship it to PC.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 06:52:14 pm »
Nope.
Never on PC.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 07:49:01 pm »
Did Tatsu just overwrite the entire main post instead of adding a reply here?

Tatsu pls
It looks the same to me.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 07:59:47 pm »
Could have fooled me, since he usually posts a picture up there.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2017, 08:29:32 pm »
I'm happy he didn't forget he started the thread and complained how he didn't know about this.