Author Topic: If ... Was Suddenly Gone  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Msiku

• ok
Re: If ... Was Suddenly Gone
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 05:02:04 am »
If computers were gone

I might have a girlfriend

nah probably not

Offline kurosaki1959

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 12:49:36 am »
If religion were gone there'd probably be more people on earth due to the lack of all the religious killings

Offline ErebusAngel

• I'm no dummy
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 04:07:34 am »
If religion were gone there'd probably be more people on earth due to the lack of all the religious killings

I think that's a joke I heard somewhere.

Taking the statement seriously, I'm not sure about that. There would be no one vehemently going against contraception and artificial family planning. Lots of cultures and countries would not have spread/ expanded without religion. Also, like it or not, many people survive from religious charity and a good number of donations are given as payment for a ticket to heaven.

But, there would be less restraint on sex. There's also the portion of the population who would be free from celibacy. It's tough to estimate the effect. Well, war and terrorism will happen regardless of religion. Religion is sometimes just an excuse or a tool.
Silent waters run deep.
Silent humans, on the other hand, are usually just asleep.

Offline Meomix

• For our glorious order
    • MAL
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 02:45:50 pm »
If there was no internet humanity would usually be a lot of productive.

Offline Kyrdua

• I have no idea what i'm doing.
    • Lunatic Red (A member there XD)
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 09:05:20 pm »
If NoKor's a goner. nobody would notice until they realize there aren't any rockets launched somewhere in the area.

* Kyrdua is a little late in current events
 signature: [email protected]: Cinderella Girls -- Kanzaki Ranko My Links | MyAnimelist

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 12:49:08 pm »

I think that's a joke I heard somewhere.

Taking the statement seriously, I'm not sure about that. There would be no one vehemently going against contraception and artificial family planning. Lots of cultures and countries would not have spread/ expanded without religion. Also, like it or not, many people survive from religious charity and a good number of donations are given as payment for a ticket to heaven.

But, there would be less restraint on sex. There's also the portion of the population who would be free from celibacy. It's tough to estimate the effect. Well, war and terrorism will happen regardless of religion. Religion is sometimes just an excuse or a tool.
Meh, people would be more open about their reason to kill. Like for land, wealth and whores.
They use religious reasons for the same goal, but the excuse sounds better morally and more acceptable by populace.

though by vocal sounds one should decide on their own:

Version 1

For the Emperor !

version 2

For God Almighty !

version 3

FOR PLUNDER AND BOOTY!

version 4

FOR THE HORDE !

version 5

FOR AIUR !

version 6

FOR FREEDOM!

version 7

For Justice !

Funny though I never heard:
"For Freedom and Justice!"

but

"For Freedom ! For Justice!"
as they are separate reasons, cuz how do you justify killings as just ?
Morally you can't, hence as the society grew more moral/immoral the "For God Almighty!" took over the rest. Kill heathens that won't convert is morally accepted, even today. But killing for booty, sex, wealth is just plain banditry and is not being morally accepted. Even though they end up the same way in most cases, alas with more booty and raping than wealth cuz most of the wealth is in banks now.

So religion was really established as an excuse to rob people of their belongings and justify murder. If you trace back the Crusades you'll probably stumble on chronicles about how many people were literally slaughtered in blood-lust without even attempted conversion, women AND children raped and indoctrinated into slavery, and the amount of pillaging done.

The only order that actually broke out of plundering and murdering in teh name of teh church was teh order that reformed istelf into the Templars. Mind you they are not pure and innocent of all their sins during teh crusades, but they woke up from the mind control and decided to blackmail the church if they are not released from direct control of the Vatican.
They kept all teh wealth they amassed, but were eventually hunted down on friday 13th.

So if religion would be gone, the only thing that would change is ... reasons for killing :)

OnT:

If GREED was gone.

We would be overpopulated I guess.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 03:00:13 pm »
If pork was gone....well, imagine it for yourself.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 05:17:38 pm »
Blackhole, that's the most 90s internet conspiracy stuff I've heard in a while. As to greed being gone, I think we would be closer to Star Trek TNG than being over populated.

Mistgun, don't even mention the loss of da piggies!  No more BBQ, no more breakfast meats, plus in a minor role you might not know of....No more heart valves to transplant.  That's right kiddies, human hearts and piggy heart parts are compatible. 

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline blackhole

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 09:03:12 am »
Blackhole, that's the most 90s internet conspiracy stuff I've heard in a while. As to greed being gone, I think we would be closer to Star Trek TNG than being over populated.

Mistgun, don't even mention the loss of da piggies!  No more BBQ, no more breakfast meats, plus in a minor role you might not know of....No more heart valves to transplant.  That's right kiddies, human hearts and piggy heart parts are compatible.
But wasn't Star Trek human space expansion program because they were overpopulating ?
:)

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 11:47:40 am »
If blackhole were gone we wouldn't have to listen to steven hawkings blabbering black hole bullshit all the time

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 05:28:44 pm »
But wasn't Star Trek human space expansion program because they were overpopulating ?
:)

Nope, Kirk was just horny.  Everyone else was all, "Let's go explore!"  Kirk was like, "Where my bitches?"

Edit:  Mistgun, Here's a thought.  Do black holes counter the expansion of the universe?  If so, then the universe would fly out and burn off.  IF they do keep expansion in check, then maybe the universe recycles itself.  It might be true, it might be a load of poo....speaking of which, be back in a few!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:30:41 pm by capnmorgan »

Offline blackhole

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2015, 05:36:51 pm »
If Mistgun was gone ...

We'd have Kuroyukihime all to ourselves. The Bastard hogs her I tell you.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2015, 05:42:39 pm »
If Mistgun was gone ...

I do. I do. :)

If sweating was gone...I would exercise more regularly.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2015, 06:15:37 pm »
If Mistgun was gone ...

I do. I do. :)

If sweating was gone...I would exercise more regularly.

Who the hell is Kuroyukihime?  If you couldn't sweat how would you get rid of your body heat?  Are we talking dog tongue waving or the full on Scorpius treatment? 

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2015, 06:35:59 pm »
How the heck you don't know her!!!! Blasphemy!!!

Going Super Saiyan would be the way to get rid of all the excess. (yeah, jk aside, I just don't like being all sweaty. Of course, if there would be a hentai female who would likes the smell, that would be a different story, but we all know there is no one like that or I can't find one)

If there would be no guns we would invent them.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline blackhole

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2015, 08:03:14 pm »
If Fireworks wouldn't exist, sad festivals in Japan :(
THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN !

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 09:11:56 pm »
If loli's were gone.....I would bring them back.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 05:57:58 pm »
Are we talking dum dums, tootsie roll pops or just your vanilla run of the mill lolipop?

Whatifthespacebarwassuddenlygone?

Offline TheSddt

• Troll at BakaBT
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2016, 11:54:35 am »
If satoru fujinuma was suddenly gone, ... I wouldn't worry too much as he'll be back before you know it (+ would probably save someone's life) :mml:

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 02:27:38 am »
If satoru fujinuma was suddenly gone, ... I wouldn't worry too much as he'll be back before you know it (+ would probably save someone's life) :mml:
That's a fictional character. Doesn't apply :P

If manga books were suddenly gone, a majority of anime series are gone as well. This site would be gone as well. Fansubs wouldn't exist. And Japan wouldn't be known for anime industry (but rather be known for being nuked twice)