Author Topic: Getting Manga on my tablet  (Read 1038 times)

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
Getting Manga on my tablet
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:29:03 am »
So I've been reading Berserk lately thanks to the torrent here, (Thanks again for that) and I got to the end of the chapters in the torrent only to find that there have been a few released after this which then made me look and see how much they were in real life.  Needless to say the price was too much (nearly 30 usd for the last few volumes.)  We now live in an age where you can buy comics online and download them for your reading enjoyment cheaper than buying the physical copy.  So why can't we do the same with manga? 

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline Deth93

• [Avatar: Sakura Saber]
Re: Getting Manga on my tablet
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 03:49:18 pm »
If newer chapters are translated, and if you're using Android tablet, you can get Mango app. It can download manga from manga sites, like MangaFox, which covers majority of stuff you'd like to read, in readable quality. No good for storing, though.
Mango download link: http://mango.leetsoft.net/install-android.php
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:22:00 pm by Deth93 »

Offline mrdkreka

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 04:52:43 pm »
I think capnmorgan wanted a legal option, but there aren't any fully legal digital solution for manga that have berserk. As for linking, yes you can link to mango, since you aren't linking to a pirated version of it, it just isn't available in the play store. Other option if Mango isn't to your liking is mangazone and ZingBox, there are other but they are pretty much crap.
"Nothing is either good or bad, only thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

Offline Deth93

• [Avatar: Sakura Saber]
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 05:20:30 pm »
Ah.. I see.
Thanks for reply regarding linking, mrdkreka.

Offline Takeshi

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:02:28 pm »
Crunchyroll might be one of the few legal places for manga. Though I don't know if you can download them. Maybe only a reader. Pester CR for Berserk?

Offline Pikistikman

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 04:15:51 pm »
On a seperate note, what's the best app for reading manga on my S5? Specifically downloaded stuff. I have Komik but it sucks. What I want is Manga Reader for local content.
I really just need double tap+drag to zoom.

Offline carks

• Staff
  • Everyday is always the best day~
    • muh blog
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 11:23:59 pm »
There's Bubbles on github, PerfectViewer, ComicRack, etc etc.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga |

Offline Pikistikman

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 03:56:31 pm »
Thanks fam, you're the real OG

Offline Shohei-kun

• Your resident game developer
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 10:41:05 pm »
Apologize for bumping an old topic.

I recently started reading manga on my tablet. I don't like the heavy apps that allow you to download manga from other websites. I just wanted one that lets you view zip files (like the ones offered in the manga torrents here). I've been using SCViewer and have been really happy with it. It is extremely lightweight and free to use. It supports swiping from right to left, zooming, and a bunch of other random features that are helpful.

Due to the nature of the manga industry and digital distribution there aren't many places you can legally download translated versions. The best place to look would be the American publisher's website (or the publisher of your country). If not there they would have links to where you can legally download copies. If they do not then there is no place to legally download them. At that point you need to resort to using scanlation groups' translations if you wish to consume the media.

If you really enjoy a series and wish to support the creators you can meet them half way. Purchase official physical volumes until you meet the amount you wish to donate. If you want to give them $20, you can purchase 2 physical copies.
Since nobody online can ever present an intellectual discussion and internet discussions bring out the worst in me I have decided to abandon all forms of social media, message boards, and media comments. If you want something from me feel free to send me a message.