Author Topic: End of Summer clean up  (Read 7640 times)

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
Re: End of Summer clean up
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2015, 08:59:42 am »
Dang, wish bounty system should be added very  sooner. Since I adopted about 75-85 torrent pages with updated description template in several months ago since reddead account are purged and all hentai torrent pages was up for adoption. :[
Do you really need those bonus points? Your ratio is fine as it is now ;).

Yes, you are right. Pretty much unless if there only have options to increase upload stat. But I just suggested to add more options to spend. (I wanna some sushi!)
Unfortunately, unless staff see a direct use THEY can make use of, suggestions are useless in their opinion.
Some people have over half a million bonus points. I wonder what they can possibly spend them on when their ratio is already in the hundreds.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:15 am »
Certainly we'll have a mod comb trough 1500+ torrents for broken images, obviously they don't have anything better to do.
The problem is aside from broken images, there are replacement ads that would be pulled, and also downscaled jpegs, broken images with working thumbs etc. No script ever could compensate and predict every possible iteration on that of a large scale.
The thing is, if all 1500+ torrents do get adopted/fixed the mods will in the end have done exactly that, plus having to approve and accept the adoption. I also mentioned having someone else other than a mod doing it, cause my suggestion was all about not having the mods use a lot of time on something so trivial, that anyone can do.
There is where you're wrong. This way mods have to look trough 1500 fixed torrents when they're adopted, alternatively they would have to look trough all of them, since they wouldn't be fixing broken ones mark them for adoption, and then look trough them again once again once/if they're adopted. So which one does seem like it has more steps involved?

Krudda, give it a rest already.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2015, 10:17:31 am »
I'm sorry if it sounds like I was pushing my point - I'm not.
This comes from the fact I have given it a rest and am informing others it's the way it is.

Looking back on it, I could have worded it differently. There wasn't really a need for that particular capitalized section.

Offline Tsikura

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2015, 03:37:43 pm »
I'm going to get a new HDD and try to adopt as much as I can fit

Offline Ghretto

• Name's Bonzu Pippen paddle Oppsocopolis III
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2015, 03:52:33 pm »
Dang, wish bounty system should be added very  sooner. Since I adopted about 75-85 torrent pages with updated description template in several months ago since reddead account are purged and all hentai torrent pages was up for adoption. :[
Do you really need those bonus points? Your ratio is fine as it is now ;).
Then perhaps compensate us with cookies? Or catgirls? :)

Woah, woah, woah... Are we handing out catgirls now?!
Why was I not invited to this party?  ;)

Offline Xtras

• ~
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 09:52:11 pm »
I would have at least liked a warning first. I didn't even know that BakaSHOTS was a completed thing considering it still says stuff like "beta", "experimental" and "upload at your own risk".

Anyway, I'm going through and fixing stuff now. I agree with the decision, but couldn't it have been a little less harsh on the uploaders? Something better than waking up to find one day that a bunch of seemingly fine uploads are dumped in adopt?

Offline mrdkreka

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 11:31:54 pm »
There is where you're wrong. This way mods have to look trough 1500 fixed torrents when they're adopted, alternatively they would have to look trough all of them, since they wouldn't be fixing broken ones mark them for adoption, and then look trough them again once again once/if they're adopted. So which one does seem like it has more steps involved?
I was trying to put weight on the solution in having someone else than the mods to do it, hence they would only have to look at those that actually have the problem, while someone else go through all of them.

The current solution feel so wrong, in how I can just take someones else upload, just because imageshack suddenly was decided not to be allowed from one day to another. At least give people a week to fix it, before forcing theirs uploads into adoption.
"Nothing is either good or bad, only thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 11:36:29 pm »
Taking into account the HUGE size of the adoption pool, no special delay is necessary. In the last few days only ~100 torrents were removed from it.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 11:44:01 pm »
It's in no way sudden mrdkreka, Imageshack has gone paid subscription since January 2014, and has been gradually removing images from free accounts since then. Only as of recently it started popping ads in their place tho.

And besides most uploaders still have plenty of time to rectify it if they choose to. Uploaders still own their torrents despite them being up for adoption. If you/anyone fixes them up and messages a mod with links of fixed torrents, they'll be removed promptly.

Offline mrdkreka

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2015, 08:57:53 pm »
It's in no way sudden mrdkreka, Imageshack has gone paid subscription since January 2014, and has been gradually removing images from free accounts since then. Only as of recently it started popping ads in their place tho.

And besides most uploaders still have plenty of time to rectify it if they choose to. Uploaders still own their torrents despite them being up for adoption. If you/anyone fixes them up and messages a mod with links of fixed torrents, they'll be removed promptly.
I meant it as in informing unloaders about it, also you might want to consider moving Bakashots out of its "beta" stage/branding, if you are telling us to use it now.

It was more that I felt it as wrong, in how I can just take someones else upload easily, that they might care about, just because they were/are on vacation or just didn't visit bakabt in the last couple of days.
"Nothing is either good or bad, only thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »
If you do care about some of your torrents, you can politely ask to return them to you. After all, there is no big competition for torrent ownership.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2015, 10:34:36 pm »
Bakashots being used does not mean its out of Beta stage...
The matter is moot. Its done, you have had several months to rectify it. You got notified HERE to fix ur shit. You have time to change a few image links, not like its remaking the entire description, its image links - we're talking ten minutes work.

Finally, what Al said.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2015, 11:15:23 pm »

I meant it as in informing unloaders about it, also you might want to consider moving Bakashots out of its "beta" stage/branding, if you are telling us to use it now.

It was more that I felt it as wrong, in how I can just take someones else upload easily, that they might care about, just because they were/are on vacation or just didn't visit bakabt in the last couple of days.

Or be a good boy and inform the  uploader to fix it or you will steal it. :) I did that and lost several torrents I wanted to adopt :'(

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Zaraki

• Staff
  • 皆さんこんにちは!
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2015, 11:33:20 am »
Or be a good boy and inform the  uploader to fix it or you will steal it. :) I did that and lost several torrents I wanted to adopt :'(

Honesty lasts longest. Well done bro ;)

I wonder why people wouldn't use bakashots (even it's in beta stage). The moment bakashots is gone, I think BBT would disappear as well. So I don't see why people don't trust it. You shouldn't trust BBT if you think that way, because your nice descriptions could disappear as well.

Online macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2015, 11:42:38 am »
I can somewhat recall two reasons why some users dislike using BakaSHOTS for screenshots.

1) putting them on a personal server/host in order to track image usage, statistics, whatever.
2) disliking the automatic thumbnail generating BakaSHOTS/BakaBT does, mainly the quality of the thumbs and the dimensions. Some uploaders want to tweak them more to their liking.

Offline Zaraki

• Staff
  • 皆さんこんにちは!
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2015, 11:52:04 am »
You have a point, but how many people would want to do that? I think 95% of the people wouldn't go so far. For the other 5% it would be a valid reason to not use bakashots, but I think those people wouldn't use imageshack as well. So there wouldn't be a problem. Most descriptions I see with imageshack are just broken. So I like the current decision.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2015, 11:58:43 am »
I can somewhat recall two reasons why some users dislike using BakaSHOTS for screenshots.

1) putting them on a personal server/host in order to track image usage, statistics, whatever.
2) disliking the automatic thumbnail generating BakaSHOTS/BakaBT does, mainly the quality of the thumbs and the dimensions. Some uploaders want to tweak them more to their liking.

1) People worried about tracking, should they really be using a track-er?
2) no one says you can't upload your own thumbs separately

No, I don't think that's the case. It's just a matter of, we never enforced it, but we're gonna start. This is basically step 1.

Online macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2015, 12:07:44 pm »
Oh, I agree with all that. Most users just use(d) imageshack for convenience's sake, or out of habit.
And Zaraki is right, only a handful of users don't want to use BS for the reasons I stated, but he did ask...

But in the past exceptions were granted after staff initially asking uploaders to use BakaSHOTS.
Gotta be firm now, then...  ;)

Offline Zaraki

• Staff
  • 皆さんこんにちは!
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2015, 12:19:51 pm »
And Zaraki is right, only a handful of users don't want to use BS for the reasons I stated, but he did ask...

Yes. I just responded to justify my own thoughts. It wasn't meant personal and I think you get that ;)

Offline juggalojohn

• Just Be Nise
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2015, 10:32:53 pm »
Where was this like a year ago when I had free time. I think I might just take some time off of work just to wrack up some points  ;D