Author Topic: Video/Subs problem  (Read 469 times)

Offline gagdabh2

Video/Subs problem
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:48:09 pm »
Okay this problem only exists on my laptop, I tried most things like uninstalling codecs reinstalling, vlc, mpc. video drivers whatever. running with gpu and cpu. But nothing works. My laptop is pretty decent, 4 core 2.5ghz, 4710hq just brought last year, ssd 240gb, gtx850m. It all started when I left a anime to play in vlc when I went into dota2 and after I exited dota2 and played my next episode, I realized something was wrong. The subs are slightly blurry as shown in link below, Idk how to add pic here so I'm sorry if I broke a rule. Then I tried mpc and then this happened 2nd pic in link. It's not data corruption or whatsoever my games and every other thing still work perfectly fine. My fps in games are normal, my laptop isn't heating up. I checked it on my pc and it all works fine.

http://destructivemuch.tumblr.com/post/140034471500
1st pic is vlc, the video is fine just the subs is a mess
2nd is mpc, video and subs are a mess

Save me bois, sometimes I gotta watch animes in lecture

Offline Ozzaharwood

• ζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘ
Re: Video/Subs problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 06:32:35 pm »
I have never seen that before, but I would suggest uninstalling all codecs and mpc.

After this, download and install MPC-HC, and then download and install KCCP, which can be found here. Let me know if that works.

Offline sneaker2

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:41:53 pm »
Just to make sure: did you try turning it off and on again? (completely, i.e. remove battery and power cable)

Try different video renderers in VLC and MPC. I hope it's not a hardware defect for your sake...

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 06:03:11 am »
First off, download the most recent version of the codec pack you use - I recommend either the K-Lite or CCCP pack, personally - and then UNinstall each and every codec pack you can find on your PC, before installing the new codec pack. ALWAYS uninstall any previous codec packs before installing a new one, even if it's from the same group! :o

If the problem persists after a fresh install, try the following (any order will do):
-  Install your codec pack using ffdshow instead of the LAV filters, or vice versa, depending on which you use now.
- Use a different video and/or subtitle renderer in MPC-HC.  Try to avoid using MPC's internal renderer, if possible.
- Turn OFF "Automatic exclusive mode during fullscreen" in LAV, if it's active.  I've found it can lag my PC badly at times, especially during animated karaoke, for example.
- Update your video driver.  Just like codecs, it's generally best to fully UNinstall any previous driver before installing a new one, by the way, even if "dirty" installs are allowed.
- Make sure your desktop resolution is the same as the native resolution of your monitor.

If none of that works, it will help for you to answer a few questions:
- Do ALL videos have this problem, or just certain ones?  If only some files, do they share any specific characteristics (say, 10-bit, certain type of container - e.g. .avi or .mkv - video codec, or whatever; click on File>Properties for this info in either player)?
- What versions of Windows, VLC, and MPC-HC have you been using?
- When was the last time you scanned for malware/"greyware" (adware, spyware, and such)?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:06:28 am by Bozobub »

Offline gagdabh2

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 04:03:04 pm »
Hey guys, you guys really really saved me, I just merely used another output. It turned out to be some weird error with certain outputs with my gpu. I'm afraid it might actually be a hardware issue or I might have corrupted something, I guess I will have to troubleshoot the rest myself.

I did do most of the things you guys recommended  :yes:

Problem is solved  8)
Time for anime watching during boring lectures, Thank you to everyone to posted. *bows*