Author Topic: The Ancient Magus' Bride | Mahō Tsukai no Yome  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
The Ancient Magus' Bride | Mahō Tsukai no Yome
« on: March 10, 2016, 06:05:54 pm »
The Ancient Magus' Bride | Mahō Tsukai no Yome
ANN

Chise Hatori has lived a life full of neglect and abuse, devoid of anything resembling love. Far from the warmth of family, she has had her share of troubles and pitfalls. Just when all hope seems lost, a fateful encounter awaits her. When a man with the head of a beast, wielding strange powers, obtains her through a slave auction, Chise's life will never be the same again.  The man is a "magus," a sorcerer of great power, who decides to free Chise from the bonds of captivity. The magus then makes a bold statement: Chise will become his apprentice - and his bride!

The Mahō Tsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito (The Ancient Magus' Bride - The Man Who Waits for Stars) anime will tell an original story from before Chise meets the Magus.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
Re: The Ancient Magus' Bride | Mahō Tsukai no Yome
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 06:09:00 pm »
This looks interesting. There will be three episodes/films in total. Apparently manga is too short for full anime series (as read from comments). Been a while since we had a sweet and sour fantasy and this looks to be really good.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:46:04 pm by Mistgun_Zero »

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline jevitsj

• その目だれの目
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 08:44:03 pm »
The manga is really nice, I've read the first two volumes, and the third volume is still lying behind me on a table to read when I have time. I really like the setting and the characters.

About the anime, I must say the animation looks really nice: 魔法使いの嫁 グランドPV

Here's the official site: magus-bride.jp

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 03:44:07 am »
Didn't even know there was a official Eng release of this. Time to check the manga out. Questions: Is the English release a paperback or hardcover? - of course, it's paperback, what was I expecting :sigh:

Also, will the OVA release with Eng release of manga too or is the offer only for Japan?

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline jevitsj

• その目だれの目
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 07:09:07 am »
Didn't even know there was a official Eng release of this. Time to check the manga out. Questions: Is the English release a paperback or hardcover? - of course, it's paperback, what was I expecting :sigh:

Also, will the OVA release with Eng release of manga too or is the offer only for Japan?

The English release is indeed a paperback, like most releases.

And I think the OVA offer is only for Japan, although it would be really awesome to get it with the official English release. I'm not sure if that has happened with any English release though, so the chances we do get it are very low.

Offline krumm

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 10:53:43 pm »
ive read the first 3 vols and love it.  im still excited for it even tho its not the manga but i hope it does well so we can get the manga animated.  the pv was for for the manga, from my understanding these ovas are all before it.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline krumm

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 11:32:05 pm »
never been so excited for an anime then this.

Online DespondenSea

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 02:41:08 am »
The premise is promising.

Looking forward to this.

Offline jaybug

• Go Ducks!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 04:35:40 am »
Looks beautiful. I think I am going to have to learn the language of flowers, as they seem integral to this show. Might even see about the LNs.
Timing is everything in comedy!

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 04:44:11 am »
i've been waiting for an official announcement of this, the rumors going around has been quite a long time ago.

This looks interesting. There will be three episodes/films in total. Apparently manga is too short for full anime series (as read from comments). Been a while since we had a sweet and sour fantasy and this looks to be really good.
i prefer a movie series anyway.

Looks beautiful. I think I am going to have to learn the language of flowers, as they seem integral to this show. Might even see about the LNs.
not language of flowers, rather the folklore of plants, animals, gods and culture.
what the holly and ivy represents in folklores and such.

this is one of those very rare classics that focuses on very old myths and forgotten lores.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:57:23 am by kitamesume »

Offline krumm

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 01:02:21 am »
First ep is out.  its as good as i hoped.  the wait between eps is going to suck, the next ep is like feb.  you might need to read the manga to get everything out of it, but if you haven't you should still be able to follow it.

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 01:59:50 am »
First ep is out.  its as good as i hoped.  the wait between eps is going to suck, the next ep is like feb.  you might need to read the manga to get everything out of it, but if you haven't you should still be able to follow it.

Seriously? I'd understand if this were like the Gundam Unicorn OVAs where they were basically high production movies, but waiting nearly half a year for another 20-something minute episode... that's rough.
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline jaybug

• Go Ducks!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 07:42:37 am »

Are they not included in some Japanese dictionary on the Language of Flowers?

oops gotta go.
Timing is everything in comedy!

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 07:34:24 pm »
Good lookin' out; thanks for the heads-up.

Anyone have a link to download the manga, as opposed to an online reader (which I despise almost as much as beets >:()?

I have to agree, 20 minutes is way too short for an episode; that's an hour total, for this rich a world..?!  Argh!

Offline Bob2004

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 01:09:13 am »
Good lookin' out; thanks for the heads-up.

Anyone have a link to download the manga, as opposed to an online reader (which I despise almost as much as beets >:()?

I have to agree, 20 minutes is way too short for an episode; that's an hour total, for this rich a world..?!  Argh!

There are a bunch of raws on Nyaa, not that that helps you much. The quality's so poor it's actually quite hard to read the kanji, sadly.

Offline kitamesume

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 04:22:37 pm »
bumping this, according to MAL this series already has 3 episodes out, yet aside  from the first episode i can't find anything else.

Are they not included in some Japanese dictionary on the Language of Flowers?

oops gotta go.

not quite, its as different as "book about flowers" and "book about botany".

they not only document about their origin (historical) and physical characteristics, they also research their special (magical) usage.

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 04:49:03 pm »
I haven't seen the first ep yet, probably because I follow feeds that don't show it.

Offline kitamesume

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 08:30:04 pm »
well yeah, although the series is actually quite different from what i expected.
it seemed to have skipped a large portion of the series, i mean from the manga's sequence.