Author Topic: Tracker is down for maintanance  (Read 16882 times)

Online Duki3003

• Admin
Re: Tracker is down for maintanance
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 01:35:45 am »
This is what I saw yesterday, for anyone that missed it:

Hardware failure...

Sooo... recap.. hardware failed.. currently in the progress of reinstalling everything and taking this chance to upgrade the architecture..
This can take a bit, hopefully wednesday Friday everything is back online otherwise later this week.

- BakaBT -

Meanwhile join us on irc! irc.rizon.net #bakabt

Follow us on twitter.com/bakabt for updates
That's just a leftover message from that time we had hardware failure. We just never bothered to remove it, because... effort~
A year ago?

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 01:39:00 am »
Oh...

So... no hardware failure?

I guess that makes sense why everything came back up so fast and nothing seems to have been lost... :P

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:29 am »
A DOS, it was announced on twitter.

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 10:23:54 am »
My bonus points went from 900 to 940. I wasn't seeding any Bonus torrents. Still happy to see it went up even though I don't care about it. :mml: :mml:

Can BakaBT get more of that glitch?

Offline kengami

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 11:43:44 am »
Thanks for your hard work, guys!  ;) Glad to see baka up and running again!

Offline Zaraki

• Staff
  • 皆さんこんにちは!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 12:33:53 pm »
I specifically downloaded every poorly seeded torrent I could find trying to keep that "torrents unavailable" number at 0
People like you that do this are what helps make BBT the great place it is though.  :thumbsup:

+1, what else to say  :laugh:

But man, the tracker was down for just a day, but when it ended it looked like people were starved for torrents. I seeded almost full gigabit for the first few hours  :o

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 04:28:38 pm »
I specifically downloaded every poorly seeded torrent I could find trying to keep that "torrents unavailable" number at 0
People like you that do this are what helps make BBT the great place it is though.  :thumbsup:

+1, what else to say  :laugh:

But man, the tracker was down for just a day, but when it ended it looked like people were starved for torrents. I seeded almost full gigabit for the first few hours  :o
Now I feel jealous of that upload speed...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Shadow_Wolf

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 06:55:18 pm »
I can't download at all !!

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 12:40:21 am »
I can't download at all !!
Start a thread under the help board. We'll sort it out.

Offline Roger3p

• Chief Tea Pourer
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 01:28:18 pm »
A DOS, it was announced on twitter.

Is that why I got darn ReCapcha'd when I logged in today?  >:(
I hate that... :(  I mean:
Here's a set of images, which ones are signs, mountains, old people, things you collect in your spare time, car parts, bowls of soup.
Yeah, got that right kid, them is mountains but that ain't goan make me happy, not till I see yo ass stranglin yo monitah so Ima goan change them images and deselect them blocks fore ya can click Okay.
Oh, good job son, here's one last one: which are drinks? Well yeah I know ya might not know that glass fullah green muck is some hippy wheatgrass and rocket smoothie and like in yo small ass world ya goan think itta trick and that be a glass o da oooooze, but that there's 100% legit and you goan failed the question now so enjoy another hour of torment suckah!

....Yeah I went OTT, but I use Tor Browser (FF) and I hate 3rd generation captchas. I stopped using TPB for anime because of those captcha things. This _was_ one of the few sites I've always been able to enjoy without being harassed by a a set of ultra retarded questions before I can access it (emphasis on past tense). Sorry, just how I feel. Can't you make login.php available without the captcha? Maybe allow us to use our tracker key in the link to bypass it (like &key=XYZ). Maybe it's me, maybe I'm the problem. Maybe I gotta accept that times are changing and that one the the entire web's going to be a toxic torrent of captcha and prompts to agree to Ts&Cs before entering. If so, I guess it's time to amass a few exabytes of data in my underground bomb-shelter-and-data-center-slash-evil-lair, stock up on weapons and canned food, grow a long crazy beard and sit talking to myself about tthe end of times. Pfffff.

(Yes, I know old thread is old, just logged in today)
I wish I had a sig

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 01:41:30 pm »
Since when does BBT request capchas while logging in?
Also, the capchas you're getting are old. New capchas are all just a checkbox 'I'm not a robot'

Solution: stop using Tor

Offline TheSddt

• Troll at BakaBT
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 03:16:59 pm »
tracker down again ?!! :'( :'(

Offline jhonny007

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 04:51:30 pm »
seems like it... :-\

Offline Roger3p

• Chief Tea Pourer
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 05:09:55 pm »
Since when does BBT request capchas while logging in?

Since I logged in today, sadly T_T obviously :P

Also, the capchas you're getting are old. New capchas are all just a checkbox 'I'm not a robot'

So I've heard, many times from many people... I'm still waiting to see this new magick though *sigh*

Solution: stop using Tor

I can't. Tor is my ONLY browser. I do not use it to hide my IP from bakabt (as that'd be futile given the tracker sees it), but I use it to prevent being tracked which is my little protest against the web today. Also, I do access sites which may be illegal in certain countries and it's easier to just not bother finding out everytime I trvel where I can/cannot go. Yes, how spank-worthy :O
In any case, why should I be forced to specially install a browser to access a site? I shouldn't. Nor should the site have an obligation to accommodate me. I was just voicing my opinion. More of an anti-captcha rant. I do this on most forums given the smallest opening XD

tracker down again ?!! :'( :'(

Yep, all the torrents are marked bonus torrents and what I'm seeding and what the site says I'm seeding are completely different.
I wish I had a sig

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 05:35:22 pm »
We don't use captchas, but CloudFlare does.
TOR users are classified as unsafe by CloudFlare, so you'll have to get used to them, especially while we're under attack.

The tracker is currently disabled, that's why you're seeing discrepancies, but are working on a long term solution.

Offline Serpifeu

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2016, 05:45:22 pm »
@Roger3p: Using TOR-browser to prevent getting tracked  and to protest against the modern web, is like protesting against NSA and living at their HQ. Or protesting against McDonalds and eating there every day. 
You know everyone can host a TOR-node, right? So, uhh, you know, there are nodes hosted by the FBI or the NSA eg.
Or, that the "hackergroup" LizardSquad also have over 3000 nodes? I mean, LS is that group that is attacking BattleNet, PSN and XBL. Poor gamers that havnt done anything to anyne. I dont think you can trust them. :P

Maybe it would be better to switch to Chrome or Firefox and use some plugins like any adblocker, ScriptNo / NoScript, Ghostery, the usual stuff... In the end it doesnt protect your privacy neither, but at least you will have your internetspeed back without blocking you out of BBT and without telling "everyone" what youre doing directly. :p

Sorry for blowing up your hopes and dreams.

Offline jiop

• Just a BOT...
    • Anime Portal
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2016, 06:14:25 pm »
Roger3p

Problem solved:

ABP+Privacy Badger+Flashblock+Do Not Track (Browser)

Don't forget to whitelist BBT
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:18:40 pm by jiop »

Offline TheSddt

• Troll at BakaBT
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2016, 07:36:22 pm »
Disclaimer: The post below is made for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance is basically the universe giving a sign

Civil War is coming to my country in a few weeks but meanwhile ...
War against BakaBT has already started
DoS attacks were made with intention  to end BBT once and for all
But BBT follows the way of the hikkamori weeaboo ...
with such determination and a will to strive forward, BBT rose back up
The war is still on and Uncle Duki needs you !!! ... yes you!!!
Join us in this fight and support BBT
Whether you follow 'naankurunaisaa' or 'Whatever happens happens'
Whether you like ghouls or you like shinigamis
Nothing matters anymore ... support anime ... support BBT
 :)

Offline Roger3p

• Chief Tea Pourer
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2016, 08:40:54 pm »
@Roger3p: Using TOR-browser to prevent getting tracked  and to protest against the modern web, is like protesting against NSA and living at their HQ. Or protesting against McDonalds and eating there every day. 
You know everyone can host a TOR-node, right? So, uhh, you know, there are nodes hosted by the FBI or the NSA eg.
Or, that the "hackergroup" LizardSquad also have over 3000 nodes? I mean, LS is that group that is attacking BattleNet, PSN and XBL. Poor gamers that havnt done anything to anyne. I dont think you can trust them. :P

Maybe it would be better to switch to Chrome or Firefox and use some plugins like any adblocker, ScriptNo / NoScript, Ghostery, the usual stuff... In the end it doesnt protect your privacy neither, but at least you will have your internetspeed back without blocking you out of BBT and without telling "everyone" what youre doing directly. :p

Sorry for blowing up your hopes and dreams.

Yeah, I know anyone can host a node and I'm not concerned so much with intelligence agencies and law enforcement than I am with organizations like FB, MS, Google & co.
Your plugin suggestion may help to a point (Tor Browser has built-in NoScript) but it doesn't help me when I'm traveling. Also, Tor Browser seems a little less bloated from Firefox (from which it's built) so for me it actually runs better than a modern FF build (perhaps the code is stripped of "features").. I will still take yours (and everyone else's) suggestions under advisement.

And don't worry, you haven't blown up my hopes and dreams.
A) I never believed I was free because none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they're free. I'm not tryning win a war, I'm just refusing to take it lying down.
B) My hopes and dreams have nothing to do with the wired (which is just a place for me to grab entertainment). My hopes and dreams don't exist. I'm empty. Like a bargain bin at a 2nd hand clothing store in the slums. If I did have hopes, they'd be to become a magic unicorn and spread love all over fairy land if I had dreams they'd be about marrying creapy goth lolis ;D
I wish I had a sig

Offline Shadow_Wolf

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2016, 09:07:13 pm »
I hate whoever is attacking BakaBT, this place is awesome!