Author Topic: New category icon set and security updates  (Read 19579 times)

Offline Astara

Re: New category icon set and security updates
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 05:12:01 am »
2,140 Items in my seed folder, im hoping there is an easy way to change all the ports?
----
Yeah, similar situation though not quite as intense.  W/transmission w/the windows GUI (not actually part of the transmission project, but gives a utorrent-like interface using transmission's RPC interface.gui.  One can multi-select torrents and change some things, but not everything.  Fortunately, it *looks* like changing the port is one of those things that can be changed via mass selection.

Perhaps of more interest: why the port change?  It *seems* an unknown amount of work for all users (maybe trivial, maybe a pain), but how does it benefit the site?

-l
p.s. Nice work on the new icons...

Offline jiop

• Just a BOT...
    • Anime Portal
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 07:17:23 am »
A. Why are they so huge and have no scalability?
B. new icons takes longer time to load into browser memory/cache > page freeze (time varies between machines and browsers+page type > user/browse/offers/adopt). I blame Data URIs.

C. HTTPs links for forum avatars aren't supported.

btw, does anyone have the old icon sprites?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:31:58 am by jiop »

Offline SkybladeNox

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 07:51:46 am »
I like the new icons, though I agree that they're a bit bigger than necessary. One issue I have with them though is that it's nearly impossible to see the favorite and wishlist icons on them now. The icons themselves are too small in comparison to the category icons, and they're also in a position that makes it difficult to see at a glance.

Offline Verisar

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 08:39:38 am »
So changing the port basically means you need to edit your tracker from
Code: [Select]
http://tracker.bakabt.me:2710/<your torrent pass>/announce.php
to
Code: [Select]
http://tracker.bakabt.me:8443/<your torrent pass>/announce.php

Changing the tracker is very easy on Āµtorrent/bittorrent. Just select all relevant torrents and go to properties to edit the tracker at once.

I also have experience with rtorrent. There is a folder called .session (/home/<user>/.../.session) where the client stores all .torrent files. Grab those files and use a tracker editor app to edit all torrent trackers at one go. After that replace the torrent files in the .session folder and restart rtorrent.
(Don't touch the other files in the .session folder! Those contain your resume data and torrent statistics. Removing the resume data means you need to rehash all files which needs time and some disk load. Also one more thing: the .session folder contains all torrents. So if you have non BBT torrents, you need to find a way to exclude those, because the tracker editor I use can only batch edit all torrents in 1 folder. You don't want to change non BBT torrents into BBT torrents, right?)

I spend some time trying this with Deluge, but unfortunately I wasn't able to succeed. I don't use other torrent clients, so you need to figure those out yourself.
Thanks quite easy with the link to the editor like you said.
  • Went to my rutorrent options/advance to find my session folder.
  • Used WinSCP to get there as a list.
  • Added filetype to the bar sorted by type.
  • Downloaded all .torrent files to a folder inside the tracker editor folder.
  • Opened editor deleted trackers that were shown.
  • Added old tracker to the list.
  • Change old port to new port 8443.
  • Updated trackers via "Update torrent, insert new trackers before, and remove duplicated trackers from ORIGINAL list, accept changes."
  • And viola done.
I could probably make a rutorrent picture guide if it would be helpful.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 10:00:14 am »
Perhaps of more interest: why the port change?  It *seems* an unknown amount of work for all users (maybe trivial, maybe a pain), but how does it benefit the site?

It does, quite a lot, the port change is required. As you may have noticed we're for the most part protected behind CloudFlare to help mitigate DOS attacks.
However currently the tracker is the only exposed element. Once we finish debugging we'll need to change the port to one that they support, and we'll be fully covered.

Offline Niva

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 10:06:42 am »
I like the new incos, but as it was allready said they are a bit to big. Also I want to ask, how I change the port at my Vuze client. I have no expirience with such a thing.

Offline skiene09

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 01:59:14 pm »
The icons looks good but if its going to THAT big might as well put a cover for the series inside TV/Book instead of it being just a mecha head.

Offline mateka

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 04:03:44 pm »
Cool icons  :mml: and now that they are vector images, they'll always look good.

Next up, automatic rescaling of the page depending on the resolution of the monitor ;)

Guys, I gotta hand it to you, AB will never be as good as BakaBT  8)

Offline ray1301

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 04:12:20 pm »
Gotta say I prefer the old icons, small and compact and less intrusive. Now they are huge and I can't help but take my eyes off them as I am looking at the list as I browse. It's too notice and detracts away from me focusing on the titles.

Wish there was a revert to old option. Not really sure why there was a change needed in the first place.

Offline Riuujin

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 04:21:00 pm »
The new icons are nice, but they are to big and distract from the rest of the page.

Offline Harusame

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 04:29:59 pm »
I agree with most of the sentiment here. The icons, while they look good, are too big. To the point of looking ridiculous and out of place, as if my browser had an issue loading the site.

Offline Zynos

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »
Nice icons but like everyone said already, icons waaaaaaay too big.

Offline oychtim

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 05:49:03 pm »
Thank you for the category. I wonder who suggested and begged for a light novel group so long ago :whistle:
I guess i am an otaku or just hopelessly in love with anime   ai dattu itte

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 06:33:12 pm »
C'mon, everyone. A lot of people hated the site overhaul and we are now used to it. The same thing will happen with the new category icons.

Regarding with the tracker, I'll just wait for you guys to finish before I get back to seeding. Hopefully, you'll announce it ;)

Offline juggalojohn

• Just Be Nise
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 06:40:04 pm »
I agree the icons are too big.

Offline jiop

• Just a BOT...
    • Anime Portal
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 06:53:15 pm »
B. new icons takes longer time to load into browser memory/cache > page freeze (time varies between machines and browsers+page type > user/browse/offers/adopt). I blame Data URIs.

There was a sharp spike in RAM usage when I tried to load the Adopt page, page froze for 15-20 sec.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 08:12:32 pm »
There are many fine details which would be lost and wouldn't look as good if we used original dimensions.
We tried several different scales and slightly bigger looked best. We didn't scale them up too much (around 5-10px), and I fairly certain that most people to whom they seem too big are either using lower resolution than 1920x1080 or it just seems that way because they were used to the old layout.

We'll consider tweaking the size a bit, but I'm certain someone will provide a script to resize the icons. They are SVG after all.

Offline minus

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 08:26:49 pm »
2,140 Items in my seed folder, im hoping there is an easy way to change all the ports?
----
Yeah, similar situation though not quite as intense.  W/transmission w/the windows GUI (not actually part of the transmission project, but gives a utorrent-like interface using transmission's RPC interface.gui.  One can multi-select torrents and change some things, but not everything.  Fortunately, it *looks* like changing the port is one of those things that can be changed via mass selection.

-l
p.s. Nice work on the new icons...

Transmission should be fairly easy, it's got a JSON API, so it's easily scripted.

For replacing the announce URL in Deluge I wrote a Python script that uses Deluge's API a while back. I'll update & post it when the change happens.

Will the new port be HTTPS (8443 suggests so) or will HTTPS be supported?

Offline surdumil

• Yeah! I'm lookin' at you!
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 08:32:54 pm »
I think the new icons look just fine.

I just noticed a new thing that's quite intriguing.  Maybe its been there for a while and I've simply not noticed.
A bounty on adoptions?  Most interesting!
I wonder how that works.  I'll have to browse the wiki and find out more. cajole someone into adding details in the wiki  :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:38:30 pm by surdumil »

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 09:31:59 pm »
That's not so new. Bounty works as you'd expect it.
Upon successful competition of an adoption, depending on the work you invested you'll either get the 1/10th of the bounty (for minimal or no changes, if none are required), full bounty, 1.5x bounty for a really good job, or 2.5x bounty for excellent work. The amount you receive is, of course, at the supervising mod discretion.