Author Topic: qB says Tracker is "Not Working"  (Read 1332 times)

Offline japzone

qB says Tracker is "Not Working"
« on: May 13, 2016, 03:44:02 pm »
qBittorrent v3.3.3 is saying that the tracker is "Not Working", and it's been a while now since I've been able to connect to it. I tried adding one of the newest torrents, just to make sure I didn't have a bad torrent, but still got the same error. As far as I can tell, there are no issues with my client, as other torrents using different trackers are working fine.

Tracker URL:
Code: [Select]
http://tracker.bakabt.me:2710/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/announce.php

Online Evilsbane

Re: qB says Tracker is "Not Working"
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:26:19 pm »
the tracker is working fine for me.  (utorrent)

Offline japzone

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 04:52:41 pm »
Dug up an old copy of uTorrent 2.2.1 and BakaBT works with that, so I'm confused why it's not working with qB. I don't really like using uT anymore which is why I switched to qB in the first place.

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 04:57:41 pm »
You may want to try a clean (re)install of qBittorrent.

Offline SuperDave

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 11:46:04 pm »
I came here looking for an answer to this very problem.  I just installed qBittorrent 3.3.4 (Windows 10) today, and fired it up.  It's working with every torrent I have in my collection - except for any where the tracker is BakaBT.  I tried deleting the torrent without deleting file on one and re-added it from here, just to make sure it wasn't something along those lines, and still the tracker status shows "not working."  qB 3.3.4 is in the clent whitelist, so I don't understand why it's not working.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?  Can this be fixed?

Edit:  Never mind, I managed to fix the problem.  Not sure why Baka was particular effected, but I noticed others were reporting a "not working" status as well, which got me to looking further into the issue.  I had copied the qB config files from my Windows 7 setup, where I'm migrating away from.  Windows 7 called the VPN interface "Local Area Connection 2", and it turns out that Windows 10 calls it "Ethernet 2."  Since my config under Advanced was pointing to listen on "Local Area Connection 2," which no longer exists, that explains why things were rapidly going into "not working" mode.  Changed it to listen on interface "Ethernet 2," and all seems to be well again.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else having a similar situation as they move from an earlier Windows to W10 and are searching for causes. :-)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:18:01 am by SuperDave »

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 02:00:15 am »
Thank you for that; not enough people follow through on these kinds of issues.

I'll note, btw, that reinstalling (with clean settings) would avoid this issue.  This is exactly why I tend to recommend people NOT clone settings for many programs on new installs, much less under a new iteration of an OS.

Offline japzone

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 12:56:46 am »
Sorry for the two months of silence but RL came up and I haven't even visited BakaBT in these two months. Still having this issue with qB. It's not an interface issue like SuperDave suggested since mine is just set to the default "Any", and none of my other torrents are affected. I really don't feel like doing a clean install, as I hate having to resetup my settings, but if this continues being an issue I just might have to try it.

Offline alix

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 02:01:45 am »
I'm using a fresh install of qb 3.3.6 on a mac with recommended settings and a VPN connection. I get "stalled" status on BakaBT torrents and "not working" on the tracker. I'd love to know a way around this problem that doesn't involve disabling my VPN connection. One threatening email (that pretty much included an ad for Crunchyroll :laugh:) is enough, thanks!

NVM client isn't whitelisted, sorry for the s'post.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:04:47 am by alix »

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 08:27:14 am »
I'm using a fresh install of qb 3.3.6 on a mac with recommended settings and a VPN connection. I get "stalled" status on BakaBT torrents and "not working" on the tracker. I'd love to know a way around this problem that doesn't involve disabling my VPN connection. One threatening email (that pretty much included an ad for Crunchyroll :laugh:) is enough, thanks!

NVM client isn't whitelisted, sorry for the s'post.
Thanks for not double-posting.  Two notes:

- You can say "shitpost" here :P .  Just about no actual words are verboten; it's how you use them that counts.  Constant cursing and/or attacks on others won't do, generally, but a "shit" or "fuck" or what-have-you every know and then for...ahem...flavor is common enough, and no one seems to mind much.  Adults in real life do tend to be at least mildly profane, in many cultures, especially when they feel relaxed with friends; it just means we're a friendly community!  That's it, yeah, yeah, that's the ticket :laugh: ..!
- You actually bothered to keep looking for the answer after you asked and found it own your own.

Not terribly shitty, imo, compared to how it usually goes.  Relax; go a bit easier on yourself ^^' .  And welcome to BakaBT.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:30:45 am by Bozobub »