Author Topic: Lawn mowing techniques.  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
Re: Lawn mowing techniques.
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:28 am »
Tried aerating the soil with a pitchform and dropping a few water crystals in the holes every foot or so?
The crystals absorb moisture then break down, allowing plants to feed off this slow-release moisture without affecting your soil ph

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »
One third of the lawn.
Mowing will be.. fun.

Online Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2017, 12:41:03 am »
My new lawn mowing technique will be paying HOA dues of $152 a month and watching somebody else do it.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2017, 04:47:42 pm »
My new lawn mowing technique will be paying HOA dues of $152 a month and watching somebody else do it.

So are you paying 152 a month for just the lawn maintenance or do you get other benefits?  Because if you're just paying that much for lawn mowing, I'm in the WRONG line of work!

One third of the lawn.
Mowing will be.. fun.

I had to do a lot that large once...with a push mower.  Never did answer any more calls from that person.  I may have been broke that summer, but at least I wasn't dead from heat stroke.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2017, 07:55:05 pm »
The full area is five acres of lawn.

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 09:07:19 pm »
The largest I ever had to do with a push mower was 2.5 acres.  The walkman died after 1.75.

The largest I did on a riding mower was ten, but the mower I was using had a deck over 40 inches, so it wasn't too terrible.

Online Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2017, 11:39:07 pm »

So are you paying 152 a month for just the lawn maintenance or do you get other benefits?  Because if you're just paying that much for lawn mowing, I'm in the WRONG line of work!

HOA dues cover other things, like having people who exist just to tell everyone in the housing community what color they can paint their house and similar bullshit things intended to annoy people keep property values up.  There's a pool for the residents too.  Probably other things, but I don't know what it all covers since I haven't seen the agreement yet.

Of course, I may not end up in this place... it's still TBD.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline undetz

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 05:58:04 pm »
One third of the lawn.
Mowing will be.. fun.

That's not a lawn, that's a golf course.

Offline capnmorgan

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2017, 02:47:33 am »
undetz, you have NO idea how difficult it is to hold in Star Wars Jokes these days.

Marked as best answer by capnmorgan on March 21, 2017, 06:10:08 am

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 03:11:35 am »
capnmorgan, the golf coarse lawn is your father.

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 08:24:12 pm »
When I have a place with a big lawn, I simply support the teenager/illegal economy (whomever arrives 1st) and have them do it; Chemlawn can collectively fellate a leprous goat, the poisonous bastards :-X.  I'd take anyone, but no adult Americans ever show up, for some reason ("taking our jobs"...pff :no:).

Sad to say about many tradesmen these days, but for many jobs (drywall, for example), I get better *quality* work, quite often, by hiring the right illegal(s), even though I make a point of paying the same either way (although you DO save taxes).  And I cannot object to anyone doing honest work to feed themselves/their family.