Author Topic: If you could time travel, when would you go?  (Read 308 times)

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
If you could time travel, when would you go?
« on: May 26, 2016, 04:23:53 am »
Lets assume you have a supernatural ability to move freely through time and space - but only into the past. (Travelling to 1900 then 2016 is fine though)
Included with this ability , you can also move any thing or living creature provided it is in direct contact with you, not your clothing. (No daisy chaining people or tyring a string to several dozen suitcases of stuff)

For the sake of being clear, sitting in a car would take the whole car with you. Holding hands with one person who is holding hands with somebody else, would only take the person holding your hand and not the other.

What would you take, to when and where would you take it, and why?

Personally, I'd take blueprints for environmentally sustainable energy sources and low power consumption devices to the 1950s. Maybe try to improve the environment by preventing the 'industrial boom' and it's side effects of hazardous waste by introducing today's knowledge. Asbestos would be one of the first things I try to stop from being created.
SSDs should prevent tape drives and HDDs from ever existing, which should boost advancement of research into these fields. It would also reduce wasted resources on 20MB HDDs which end up as landfill.

I'd also take medical documents and procedures.
All of this could be stored as data on a MicroSD card and I'd take a laptop showcasing today's finest technology as a sort of proof that I come from the future and the data I bring is accurate and true.

I'd probably not bring the entire internet. I don't think I could carry thousands of MSD cards. But I'd take everything that could save lives and resources.

What would you do?

Offline billlanam

Re: If you could time travel, when would you go?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 06:46:32 am »
They wouldn't believe you, I've seen nice looking diagrams, blueprints, and advanced stuff in science fiction books, there are people who make such diagrams for a hobby, so no one who mattered would believe you.

If you knew how to run a big company, then you could use information on stocks back then to make lots of money to create a company in order to research and make such advanced technology.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:04:32 am »
In the 1950s, computers were monstrously huge and ate gigajoules of electricity. Bringing a battery powered, color laptop would be more than enough proof, don't you think?

Hell, even my cellphone would be revolutionary in the 50s.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 11:38:46 am »
And you would be burned at the stake for being a spawn of the witch. :)

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 12:05:02 pm »
Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind, which is why I chose 1950s... When people were a little more open-minded to these things...

What about you guys though, what would you do with such a power?