Author Topic: Arpeggio of Blue Steel Movies UPATED  (Read 619 times)

Offline Wisperer

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Movies UPATED
« on: June 05, 2016, 01:43:35 am »
So I'm thinking of uploading the  Arpeggio of Blue Steel movies. The second one has been finally been subbed. And last check both movies have multiple 1080 and 720 BD Raws. My only issue that The Leon-Subs Translation of The Second movie, Ars Nova Cadenza, needs some serious work. It's more or less correct. However I spotted some rather jarring and obvious grammatical issues when I watched it the other night.

I'm posting this too see if anyone has been or will be working on this release. To dated only 3 groups have subbed releases of the first movie and one is a re-encode.

Edit: I brought this back from the dead instead of creating a new post.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:31:15 am by Wisperer »
BTC 1FhCLQK2ZXtCUQDtG98p6fVH7S6mxAsEey
We did not invent the algorithm. The algorithm consistently finds Jesus. The algorithm killed Jeeves.
The algorithm is banned in China. The algorithm is from Jersey. The algorithm constantly finds Jesus.
This is not the algorithm. This is close.

Offline Wisperer

Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel Movies UPATED
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 05:32:49 am »
Okay a couple of new subs have been released for the second movie Ars Nova Cadenza. Nothing's changed for the first movie Ars Nova DC

One is by someone called Anime2Enjoy. The other was created by the guy who did the AnimeTorrents.me release of the first movie. That was listed under AnT in AniDB. This one however was released under his own name with a separate AniDB group name, CuraeL. I want to use this for my torrent here, but my question is do they count as separate groups and should i list them as such? And can I upload them in the same torrent?

I will compare the A2E release for the second movie for the sake of the argument.

Edit: NVM on A2E seems they're a micro encoding site/group.

Edit2: The only site i can find related to them is a scummy piece of crap.... Ads all over the place and one that will not go away till you force crash youre browser....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:43:19 am by Wisperer »
We did not invent the algorithm. The algorithm consistently finds Jesus. The algorithm killed Jeeves.
The algorithm is banned in China. The algorithm is from Jersey. The algorithm constantly finds Jesus.

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 07:29:24 am »
They count as separate groups. Put both of their names on the description properly.
Yes, you can both of them in the same torrent unless a staff told you not to do so.

Offline Wisperer

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 08:26:44 am »
One more question. They use different encoding settings. One is traditional x264. The other uses the newer x265 HVEC. I know i can list them in the Description, but what to i use in the torrent title? :-\

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 11:27:19 am »
Specify which one uses x264 and x265 in the video description

For the torrent title: Gekijouban Arpeggio of Blue Steel (BD 1080p). No need to include which group.

You might want to consult Nodame-chan or other staffs for the translation accuracy.

Offline Wisperer

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 09:18:24 pm »
I've gone over the subs myself with my limited knowledge... They're better then Leon-Subs. Both are. By far. And since this is the only decent set of releases out currently I think I'll have no issue getting this approved. I may have to break down and learn how to edit subs myself if i have any hope of getting something better.

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 11:18:03 pm »
If it's a soft-subs ASS, use Aegisub, a really powerful tool in subbing that fansubs widely use.

Offline Wisperer

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 01:29:44 am »
Well sir thank you. You've been a help. I'll try and get the offered later tonight. Been awhile since I've offered anything. And after getting all my offer stuff cleared out i feel like doing a few more.