Author Topic: Will piracy survive TPP and rule 41?  (Read 2538 times)

Online Shiakou

Re: Will piracy survive TPP and rule 41?
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 04:55:33 pm »
From each according to their capability
To each according to their need

On the other hand, this kind of mentality is also the reason why celebrities sometimes think themselves above the law. I guess its only fair that if you can pirate a celebrity's products, said celebrity can tell the world to fuck off so long as they're capable of doing so. The "I'm rich enough to bribe God" mentality is the flip side of the "I'm poor enough to steal self-righteously".

Related: There's a certain tradition among employees here, especially in groceries, where they take advantage of their positions to do some illegal stuff. Shoplifting products, backroom drug deals, stuff like that. The justification is that so long as it's not "too big", the business can afford such losses, and hey, minimum wage is about 10 US$ a day, so screw the company.

What annoys me tho, is when pirates complain about corrupted files, inferior quality, or viruses in their pirated software. I mean, those are the risks when you do stuff like that, right? Piratebay is full of people like that; they whine all the time even when its their own fault, like a firewall set too high so they can't run cracks or turning off their antivirus entirely and getting flooded with viruses. Piracy has risks, and is supposed to have risks.

EDIT:

Thinking about it, I guess this is one of the reasons I approve of Patreon. It's a way to get money to the artists as directly as possible, the artist's ability to get rich correlates directly with their ability to perform and entertain, and there's a greater sense of satisfaction on both sides.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:02:38 pm by Shiakou »

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 02:52:51 am »
hey, complaining about viruses isn't as retarded as complaining about inferior quality.
viruses are an internet threat, even if it weren't pirated goods, it shouldn't exist to begin with.

take BBT for example, if you found a torrent here with a virus, whats your first reaction?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:56:02 am by kitamesume »

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 03:22:59 am »
take BBT for example, if you found a torrent here with a virus, whats your first reaction?
Someone uploads a virus to BBT?

edit: video version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odd8Zdhuj9o

Online Shiakou

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 03:52:24 am »
hey, complaining about viruses isn't as retarded as complaining about inferior quality.
viruses are an internet threat, even if it weren't pirated goods, it shouldn't exist to begin with.

Report it and go "meh", I guess?

Honestly, it depends on the amount of damage done, but I still wouldn't go around complaining that my bootlegged anime had a virus. At least compared to if official merchandise somehow let a virus in.

Online kitamesume

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 03:57:55 am »

Report it and go "meh", I guess?

Honestly, it depends on the amount of damage done, but I still wouldn't go around complaining that my bootlegged anime had a virus. At least compared to if official merchandise somehow let a virus in.

thats what i do, leave a comment of "infected torrent" and click the report button.
though seriously, those torrent site moderators should clean those up, hell if i were they i'd flag those uploaders with a warning ban.

Someone uploads a virus to BBT?

edit: video version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odd8Zdhuj9o

i don't think i've seen someone do so.
if one did offer an infected torrent however, the mods would be the first to know.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 03:59:19 am »
The FIRST thing I'd do? Get rid of the fucking virus yo

Online kitamesume

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 04:02:43 am »
wouldn't it get automatically rid off once it gets caught by the AV? i set mine to quarantine and delete after a day.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 04:27:03 am »
That depends if you have AV >.>

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 05:39:56 am »
Even a relatively insubstantial AV would suffice in most cases, e.g. I see no reason not to have MSE on Win7.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 05:53:34 am »
I was mostly talking about Android, but w.e

Offline Banzybanz

• I like rice.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2016, 04:55:56 pm »
Of course it will survive. Internet is just the medium that is used to do most of the piracy these days. Back in the nineties and noughties internet usage was very low yet all of us had access to the most popular videogames, songs and movies. Some person would buy an original and by the end of the week the entire city would have a copy of that. And we did all this using just rewriteable CDs and DVDs. We have portable hard disks now that store hundreds of times as much data. Even in a worst case scenario where all internet sharing is somehow stopped (which is itself impossible), local sharing will still continue.

Online kitamesume

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 08:05:36 pm »
"piracy" itself may be hindered, but file sharing or file distribution sites won't be affected much.
things like illegal torrents may be taken down more often, but the site itself won't, well unless the site insists on hosting illegal torrents.

Offline surdumil

• Yeah! I'm lookin' at you!
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »
It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!
This day be much larger that th' crappy TPP thin' bein' pushed by corps like Sony!

Online Shiakou

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 07:20:16 pm »
'tis true! 'tis be a blessed day! Come on all ye bilge rats, let's all speak like true pirates! Let's sail th' seven seas, hijack some prototype battlecruiser/carriers hybrids, 'n sword fight giant sea monsters wit' our spider-mechas!

. . . I be new to 'tis scurvy pirate tradition.

Offline tokigoi

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2016, 09:29:54 am »
Wish I had the optimism you guys have. I asked around about ISPs (like comcast, time warner) that already monitor and send warnings about piracy, some telling me having an VPN eliminates the warnings which I'm hoping deals with TPP. Then the rule 41 hacking bs rears its head again which is a problem for just using the net at all

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 07:12:50 pm »
obviously they think spending a lot means getting more prestige, i find it ironic.

Not to mention completely black outish idiotic. They have the luxury of knowing how he human race behaved  all throughout it's dark ages of real history, hell, even the imaginative creations of modernity through stories published, books written, videos made or movies or anime or documentaries of it, of how blatantly stupid it is to just spend fortunes on self stuff, yet still they seem not to get any of it through their skulls. It's simply mind blowing! I don't know about the rats or cockroaches surviving World War III but stupidity surely will.

Wish I had the optimism you guys have. I asked around about ISPs (like comcast, time warner) that already monitor and send warnings about piracy, some telling me having an VPN eliminates the warnings which I'm hoping deals with TPP. Then the rule 41 hacking bs rears its head again which is a problem for just using the net at all

We should just send to our governments pirated Fight Club files. F*ck them all ritch MF-ers! Free copy of information for the poor!
They should even make an addendum to constitution: as long as you are considered at any given time to be a member of the poor social class, you should never be forced to pay for things that can be copied over and over and f*king over again for as long as you belong in that class. They should be distributed to whomever has wishes for them and lacks the money to pay! Fuck you antipiracy law(s) and the retards that are constantly bribed to enforce it! _|_
The only offensive demeanor piracy has is that the rich have the audacity to also profit from it, and not buy their own products.

Do you guys know those videos that you try sometimes to watch and instead of the video it appears a message: "Sorry, not available in your location!" that make you wanna blow the Earth up in Nuclear Winter!? I mean, WTF is that!? Discrimination by geography!? It's somehow connected to this topic and bad!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:22:23 pm by Johnny D »
It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other people… but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.
Just more lives as sad and singular as your own.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2016, 11:27:12 pm »
At the end of the day, it all comes down to money.

Since you are requesting free movies, Johnny D, please build our roads for free or fix our water supply for free.
We won't pay you because we're poor.

Money doesn't grow on trees mate. Movies aren't cheap to make. I've seen accounting documents for some movies through a friend in the industry. The associated costs are mind boggling, even for 'budget' films.

Stop acting like you're entitled to anything just because you think it is too expensive.
If you can't afford it, go without internet or smokes or alcohol or whatever else luxury thing you waste money on.
Or get a better job.
Or just pirate it.

Don't try and justify your actions through social standing.
If you pirate it, you're stealing it. Just face it -you can't afford it, so you steal it. You want a medal?

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 05:39:52 am »
I just don't get how YouTube is coming up with its crap right now.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 06:31:56 am »
That one is simple - too many people use adblock, they're not making enough money anymore

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:07 am »
Or just pirate it.

That's the only thing that makes moral sense from all of what you've just said. :laugh:
I will keep it in mind, nonsensical stuff is only good if it brings up good emotions, yours does not do even that. Let me tell you something, the poor do not build your bridges because those people in your building industry make enough money to be in the mediocre social class, hell, even your social supported people make enough money not to be poor, lame fact by the way. In Indonesia or Malaysia or 90% of African countries even the factories that produce the parts needed to build those bridges don't exist and you expect them to import them? There are barely any jobs there, and if you find something it's gonna be like 1-2 dollars/day of hard labor. Let them at least have movies/electronic books for free, if you do not, they will not have them at all and it's about the same thing for profit either way. Do you think the poor go to cinema, they don't eat for 2 days to buy a damn ticket ? Wake the hell up! They will pirate it on a 12 years old bought at 2nd hand laptop if they can, if not, they will go outside an keep on spawning in the slums, making 10 children per family like the undeveloped animals they are. But they are not, they need knowledge, they need it to be fun, they need it fast, and this resources are free but for limited capitalist (moral incapacitated to look beyond a single country) views like your own shared by many.

I am not poor, nor does it say anywhere something like that. Yeh, gonna get a better job, an engineer job is not enough, I gotta be uberengineer! :laugh: I think you are the poor one, in character but especially and absolutely in emotion, at least in this last few minutes you've taken to write this here, may be you just had a bad night :happy:. Since you raised the issue, I don't smoke, nor do I drink, I care for my lucidity as well as for my health, I need them both to oppose those who do not care for either, and develop poisonous views like yourself and not just excuse but rise them over the banner of capitalism.

And how about that geography discrimination? Need I be from a certain continent or region of space to have the esteemed honor to view a video 2 mins long!? :laugh:
I'm sorry I'm not from the superior continent or country that can view stuff for free, I will try my best where I am to be worthy in the next 100 years. May be if finally there, my grand children can view that video for me and leave a memo of it on my gravestone. Thank you. And some wonder why the problem with immigrants..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:13:01 pm by Johnny D »
It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other people… but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.
Just more lives as sad and singular as your own.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.