Author Topic: tracker status error  (Read 763 times)

Offline g1nj0zuke

tracker status error
« on: August 21, 2016, 05:26:43 am »
heya, just saw this under tracker status in vuze for all my bakabt seeds:

Stopped: Scrape Error: Could not decode response, appears to be a website instead of tracker scrape: BDecoder: unknown command '60, remainder = html><head><meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /></head><body>Nothing to see here</body></html>

anyone else? will it correct itself?

thx!

Online Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
Re: tracker status error
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 06:26:55 am »
What version of Vuze, and have you updated recently?  Are you sure it's on the whitelist? What operating system?

Offline gladwort

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:54:12 am »
Same error,  same question: Getting the following:

Code: [Select]
Stopped: Scrape Error: Could not decode response, appears to be a website instead of tracker scrape: BDecoder: unknown command '60, remainder = html><head><meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /></head><body>Nothing to see here</body></html>

Using Vuze 5, which is on the whitelist. Specifically it's 5.7.4.0. There are some privacy settings I've been fiddling with, so I'll un-fiddle them and see if that works.

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 09:33:47 am »
You get that error on vuze ever since the tracker update. As far as I can tell it doesn't have any effect on actual seeding

Offline gladwort

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 02:07:34 pm »
It was keeping my 3 open torrents from connecting back to bakabt for some reason. But as soon as I posted here I went back and tried again, and after restarting them they were working.
Conclusion: I should interact in forums more.

Offline Gandeloft

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 05:21:14 pm »
Hello.. I've come here due to the same issue..   
I've just downloaded the torrent for this( https://bakabt.me/torrent/168186/motto-to-love-ru-trouble-2010-bd-1080p-zurako ),
as a freeleech, and this is what I'm getting, or rather, why I'm not getting anything (http://prntscr.com/de3vql). 
I've never had trouble downloading thus far.

I am using a whitelisted client (Vuze 5.7.4.0).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:00:54 pm by Gandeloft »

Offline macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 06:46:28 pm »
The public tracker for december isn't active yet, so just be patient for a bit.

Offline Gandeloft

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 06:48:52 pm »
Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Offline thewyandotte

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 01:11:48 am »
I've been suffering through this for a while now, with it eventually leading to all 31 of my active torrents no long seeding. Downloading was fine, just not the upload. I looked at the actual tracker URL, and it was correct, wasn't the public one or whatnot. Eventually was able to "fix" it by setting them up to force seed. This isn't a perfect solution, but seems to be working for now. Change your settings from "Beginner" to "Advanced" and then right click the affected torrents, select "Force Start."

Unless someone has the real, technical solution such as Java needs to be updated, privacy settings got too strict somehow, ISP started mucking things up, whatever else. Then by all means please share.

Offline gladwort

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 01:47:40 am »
Real, Technical Workaround that gets me seeding again: Stop all BakaBT torrents, force start them, the tracker error goes away. Then I stop and just re-queue them. Works for a while.

Online ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 03:33:15 am »
Upload speeds are usually inversely proportional to the S/L ratio. The higher the S/L ratio, the lower the possible upload speed one could attain.

As for the reason why your ratio isn't going up, I'm quite sure it's because you're not uploading at all. Just because it says seeding doesn't necessarily mean you're uploading anything.

Offline lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 04:36:21 am »
Real, Technical Workaround that gets me seeding again: Stop all BakaBT torrents, force start them, the tracker error goes away. Then I stop and just re-queue them. Works for a while.

I'm going to repeat myself, you get that error as long as the client is waiting to be connected to peers (is in a waiting queue). You circumvent that by setting it to force seed, but that doesn't improve seeding performance at all, in fact it can have adverse effects on weaker internet connections as you circumvent the vuze internal auto-limitation of connections based on your internet connection.

When a torrent is seeding (or rather actually uploading data) there is never an error. Force seeding does not guarantee seeding, it just removes the (non?)error from your sight since it forces constant communication with the tracker instead of at set intervals if I understand it correctly.

As for a real technical solution, I believe the fault is from the tracker, not Vuze, or you'd have that problem with other trackers as well. It's not really on any priority list since it DOES NOT affect seeding in any way (and only vuze doesn't seem to like it, but if it works...). The issues you are experiencing with seeding are more likely related to lack of leechers, not the error.

Offline thewyandotte

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 04:52:56 am »
I don't

I'm going to repeat myself, you get that error as long as the client is waiting to be connected to peers (is in a waiting queue). You circumvent that by setting it to force seed, but that doesn't improve seeding performance at all, in fact it can have adverse effects on weaker internet connections as you circumvent the vuze internal auto-limitation of connections based on your internet connection.

When a torrent is seeding (or rather actually uploading data) there is never an error. Force seeding does not guarantee seeding, it just removes the (non?)error from your sight since it forces constant communication with the tracker instead of at set intervals if I understand it correctly.

As for a real technical solution, I believe the fault is from the tracker, not Vuze, or you'd have that problem with other trackers as well. It's not really on any priority list since it DOES NOT affect seeding in any way (and only vuze doesn't seem to like it, but if it works...). The issues you are experiencing with seeding are more likely related to lack of leechers, not the error.

No, that is not the case, at least with what I've experienced. Looking at my stats, I have not seeded anything for nearly the last month, which is as long as this has been going on. The numbers through Vuze haven't changed, the numbers on my profile page haven't changed, and as of earlier today every single one of the torrents I've downloaded were listed as inactive, despite having multiple leechers.  If I could post screenshots here, I would. You say when a torrent is seeding there is never an error. That may be true, but this error is preventing seeding. Since setting it to force seed (which I admitted isn't the ideal solution, but the only one I've found that works) I've immediately seen it reconnect and start seeding again. Take a popular anime I've downloaded, KonoSuba or Akame ga Kill. For the last month no one has been leeching those? And then they magically start leeching as soon as it's set to force seed? That seems like unlikely.

I understand that I won't necessarily be connected to every leecher, especially in larger swarms, but to not be connected to any for a month means something is wrong.

Online Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 05:18:15 am »
Sounds like it's time to start felling around for clients.  I'm a uTorrent 2.2.1 die-hard, but many work just fine.

Offline lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 11:38:22 am »
I tested this when the error came up last may, and back then I was not affected. I started another test run after updating vuze (I don't really use my PC for seeding so it was stuck at 5.7.1) and will see whether that's still the case.