Author Topic: Occasionally blackscreen when going fullscreen in MPC after installing madVR  (Read 447 times)

Offline Mysterion

So a few days ago I switched to madVR with CCCP (before it was just CCCP and it was fine but I heard madVR is better, probably from the screenshots section of the wiki). I used this guide to install it by the way. Now when I go into fullscreen, the seeker is different (blue/grey with black bar, not sure how to describe). I'd like to change it back to the normal MPC seeker. But the bigger issue is going to fullscreen. When I do, oftentimes the screen stays black. I mean ever since installing it, it takes a half second or so but sometimes it just STAYS black until I go back to windowed and again back to fullscreen. It's not a big issue but when it happens often, it gets annoying. Any fixes? I expected this to be a common issue but nothing came up in the search results. :sleep:
I am strong! Stronger than you guys. Very strong. Therefore, I can defeat those Titans! Even on my own.
You are not only weak, but you are spineless cowards. I am disappointed in you.
Just stay here... Stay here and watch.
Mikasa Ackerman

Online Al_Sleeper

IIRC, it's an old issue. I still encounter it in K-Lite v.12.01 from time to time.

Marked as best answer by Mysterion on August 26, 2016, 11:44:10 am

Offline sneaker2

Now when I go into fullscreen, the seeker is different (blue/grey with black bar, not sure how to describe). I'd like to change it back to the normal MPC seeker.
In madVR settings go "rendering"->"general settings" and un-tick "enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode". This will probably also "fix" the other issue you have been having. But fullscreen exclusive is more robust against screen tearing.

If you want more info:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76904.msg523475#msg523475

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
As above, the issue is caused by 'exclusive mode'
Disable it and it'll return to normal. I had this same issue recently.

The seekbar in exclusive mode is nigh on useless.

Offline Mysterion

Now when I go into fullscreen, the seeker is different (blue/grey with black bar, not sure how to describe). I'd like to change it back to the normal MPC seeker.
In madVR settings go "rendering"->"general settings" and un-tick "enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode". This will probably also "fix" the other issue you have been having. But fullscreen exclusive is more robust against screen tearing.

If you want more info:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76904.msg523475#msg523475
K I have done that. Am I on "(1) normal windowed mode" or "(2) overlay mode" right now? (2) seems better since no tearing. Oh I have an Intel GPU by the way (Surface Pro 3). And also I noticed this in (2):

- resizing playback window/size sometimes looks "odd" for a moment

Not sure if this is another problem I have been having since madVR or not but ever since I installed it, when I go to fullscreen, the video goes truly fullscreen (stretched vertically) on my 1.5:1 screen for half a second then becomes the proper size (with some black space above/below). When I come out of fullscreen same thing in reverse (some black space above/below and squeezed vertically for half a second). Is this what they mentioned here? Not like it seems any workaround exists for this one though.

The seekbar in exclusive mode is nigh on useless.
Lol I don't think the looks matter in terms of useful/lessness. I just didn't like how it looks and was a little hard to use because of the "seeker" not really being clear.

:sleep: :unsure: LOL sleep and unsure have same emoticon
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:45:48 pm by Mysterion »
I am strong! Stronger than you guys. Very strong. Therefore, I can defeat those Titans! Even on my own.
Mikasa Ackerman

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
No, it is useless not because of how it looks but because you cannot tell how many minutes in you are, how long the video is in total and chapter markers do not show in exclusive mode.

It is beyond useless, it hampers usefulness. It'd be more useful if you simply didn't have it.

Offline Mysterion

you cannot tell how many minutes in you are, how long the video is in total
I know chapter markers don't show up (although I usually use Pg Down and Up anyway so meh) but I can see xx/xx for how many minutes in/total video length in the lower right corner. :|

It'd be more useful if you simply didn't have it.
I agree on this though.
Mikasa Ackerman