Author Topic: Torrents not downloading?  (Read 1676 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline TamahomeNoMi

Torrents not downloading?
« on: September 24, 2016, 07:00:18 pm »
Heya,

I'm an old returning user, I started downloading some torrents that were normally up and had a usual number of seeders and all, but when I put it on my torrent client (Tixati) it's not showing any activity at all... what's wrong with it? I usually had no problem downloading from this site but now it seems like nothing I download from here works.

I'm from India so does that maybe have anything to do with it?...

Please help ._. I'm seriously worried...

Offline Hatsune4505

• So many games, so little time!
Re: Torrents not downloading?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 07:04:10 pm »
Have you checked if your Tixati client is on the whitelist?
It's a trap?!

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:24:16 pm »
Omg I love you! Thank you so much that was JUST it! I had an older version of Tixati so it was not working, Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 07:42:47 pm »
You should probably read the Wiki :P.

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 07:16:03 pm »
Lol yeah... really short on time so hardly get to sit back and read >.<

I just noticed it stopped seeding again and I looked and it's doing the same thing once more. I updated my tixati and all and checked whitelist but even though it's in the whitelist it's not seeding >.< my share ratio won't go up this way x.x...

Also, I have old stuff I downloaded before still with me but I have a new laptop now so I lost the tracker and etc. Also it's stuff I downloaded years ago when I had a good net and decent download upload ration to the point  I used to exchange the top tier bonus points. Then I stopped downloading for a long while and my account somehow got shut down cause of long absence. Is there anyway I could link the download stuff to this account and seed for people?

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 01:30:01 am »
Thanks, that's helpful. However, the torrents are still not working ._. I cannot upload or download. I checked the whitelist and my client was listed. I have no idea what to do to make it work anymore. I have downloads halfway done and I'd waste the data I spent on downloading it if I try to switch client now... please help... I'm using Tixati v2.47 .

Online ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 01:39:12 am »
It's not always the client to be blamed if it's failing. Sometimes, it can be your computer's firewall, router, or even the ISP itself.

Check those out if any of them is causing the problem.

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 12:25:00 pm »
the torrents I downloaded from other sites are running just fine, downloading and seeding.

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 03:25:33 am »
My downloads still not working.... Using Tixati v2.47 and it's in the whitelist... downloads from other sites are working just fine only downloads from this site aren't... please help .____________________.

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 03:48:23 am »
Try a different client.  Another client WILL work fine on any partially-completed download, as long as you point it to the same location when you start it.

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 09:08:47 pm »
Yup... still not working... anything else from any other sites, like previous downloads from KAT before it got taken down are working but not any from BakaBT, what can I possibly do to fix it?

Already checked whitelist, my client are on it, and I have latest versions.
Tried same downloads with different torrent downloaders.
Tried 2-3 different internet connections.

ONLY the torrents from this site aren't responding.

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 11:20:12 pm »
Hm.

What ISP are you using?  Also, perhaps you should try switching to a different DNS, at least temporarily.  Let me know if you need help, but it's not difficult.  I recommend not using OpenDNS, btw, because I've caught them censoring domains in the past :o.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 11:46:19 pm »
Explain what you mean by 'working' when you refer to KAT torrents. The tracker is gone, they shouldn't work at all.

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 12:23:10 am »
Hm.

What ISP are you using?  Also, perhaps you should try switching to a different DNS, at least temporarily.  Let me know if you need help, but it's not difficult.  I recommend not using OpenDNS, btw, because I've caught them censoring domains in the past :o.

...well I'm in India so it's a local ISP? I guess @.@. They did ban KAT here and a lot of torrent sites but the thing is, the site itself cannot be accessed. The sites I'm able to go on or log into, I'm still able to download from. I checked with NyaTorrents and it's downloading perfectly so it's not an issue with my net providers blocking the torrents.

I have no experience in changing DNS @_@... what is that and how do you do it? >.<?

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 12:28:57 am »
Explain what you mean by 'working' when you refer to KAT torrents. The tracker is gone, they shouldn't work at all.

Well, I don't know myself, just whatever torrents I downloaded from KickAssTorrents before and left in my torrent client half done cause of net issues or time issue or just cause I wanted to download something else that specific time, is still able to resume, pause and seed. For instance, I was downloading Inuyasha from KAT before it got blocked, I only downloaded like 10 episodes then I paused it and forgot about it cause I was busy with my job and studies. Then few days ago I noticed that I forgot to download it completely, and tried to resume it, it still is downloading. I also tested with really old .torrent files that I had leftover from literally years ago, the ones I downloaded from other sites started downloading, but the ones from BakaBT didn't. I'm completely confused. I've been using this site since... 2011? earlier? but I never had this problem before. I don't understand what is going on with it anymore @___@...

Offline Bob2004

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 12:39:49 am »
People have forgotten to ask you the critical question: What is the tracker status for these BBT torrents that aren't downloading? Usually that will give a good idea of what might be causing the problem.

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 01:02:36 am »
People have forgotten to ask you the critical question: What is the tracker status for these BBT torrents that aren't downloading? Usually that will give a good idea of what might be causing the problem.

How do I check tracker status? also... it doesn't matter which torrent... ANY torrent downloaded from BakaBT is the same ._.

Marked as best answer by TamahomeNoMi on October 21, 2016, 04:56:11 am

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 01:48:53 am »
BBT shows you as active on ten torrents and inacyltive on 47, does this sound about right?

Tracker information varies per client.
Usually, you click any BBT torrent and a tab will be there somewhere called "trackers"
It doesn't matter which torrent, they should all display the same message, which could help pinpoint the issue.

I use a mobile client, but even that works in a similar manner.
For example
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:52:06 am by Krudda »

Offline TamahomeNoMi

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 04:08:03 am »
BBT shows you as active on ten torrents and inacyltive on 47, does this sound about right?

Tracker information varies per client.
Usually, you click any BBT torrent and a tab will be there somewhere called "trackers"
It doesn't matter which torrent, they should all display the same message, which could help pinpoint the issue.

I use a mobile client, but even that works in a similar manner.
For example
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well then, that was interesting. Apparently, the torrents I found when searching on an anime name in google and downloaded, were not connecting and not showing in my downloaded torrent list. When I redownloaded the torrent file, it finally worked and is now showing in my downloaded list and properly seeding. Thank you so much for talking about the trackers. It really helped a lot.
Staff edit: Removed image containing keypass.

I  see this is putting a lot of pressure on my account ._. usually I keep a balanced ratio of upload and download but all the files I downloaded thinking they'd upload fast, seem to be dead. What is a good option other than buying points? And what's the time limit before I get a ban/warning? Cause I can keep seeding, just I don't like being in the red x.x...

Read Wiki :P figured it out xD
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:42:04 am by 12laus »