Author Topic: US Presidential Debate Thread  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
US Presidential Debate Thread
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:04:07 pm »
I figured we should have a thread to discuss the US Presidential debates. If you missed the first one here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j3KXg0b7UY

Trump came off like a ranting idiot, a total imbecile, way out of his depth. It probably helped Hitlary more than anything else so far.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
Re: US Presidential Debate Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:23:39 pm »
I didn't see the debate but I heard Trump only spoke 34 times.
Altmed is altfact!

Offline surdumil

• Yeah! I'm lookin' at you!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »
So... more BOZOnazi, or more bozoNAZI?
Nah, never mind.  I'm not really interested.

Offline xfreidax

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 05:10:30 pm »
Trump has that straight talking thing working for him (even if he was bold face lying...), I can see the appeal. Clinton is very much a political creature, that's very apparent. Neither answered the hard questions. Meh I guess?

Offline Eaglelord17

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 05:52:14 pm »
No matter who wins this election America loses. All I can say watching it from Canada is I am happy my choices aren't nearly as bad.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 07:10:46 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou78G-Eqec0

I read some of the debate's transcript and I got to agree with Tiffanys. Trump argues like a 6 years old.

Again, not saying Hilary is a great choice but at least she's sane and competent. It's sometime said that one should never argue with idiots because stupid arguments make everyone that take part of them look stupid, yet Hilary seams pretty good at maintaining her cold in that situation. For a POTUS candidate, that's a good thing. If she gets elected, she will have to sit at negotiating tables, so the fact that she can keep her cold in situations like that is a good sign.
Altmed is altfact!

Offline halfelite

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 08:39:34 pm »
No one was a winner or loser. Both did very poor. I doubt that debate swayed anyone that is still on the fence.

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 08:44:27 pm »
No one was a winner or loser. Both did very poor. I doubt that debate swayed anyone that is still on the fence.

Pretty much, as much as I've gathered, anyone voting for Trump has no interest in debates.

Anyone note voting Hilary isn't concerned about her performance as a politician, they have issues with what seems to be ethical matters?

Offline halfelite

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 10:14:48 pm »

Pretty much, as much as I've gathered, anyone voting for Trump has no interest in debates.

Anyone note voting Hilary isn't concerned about her performance as a politician, they have issues with what seems to be ethical matters?

Some of the Trump supporters have an interest in debates its not a bunch of rednecks like the media wants everyone to think. A lot of his base is made up of working middle class blue collar that doesn't necessarily like Trump but they dislike politics that follow Hillary more so they will watch to see if anything has changed. Most Hilary voters think she can do no wrong so the outcome of anything at a debate has no matter sway to them.  There are still the people sitting on the fence a lot of them in the swing states where a policy change by one or the other effects their lively hood mainly the mining states so they tune in.

Offline jaybug

• Go Ducks!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 06:17:11 am »
Howard Dean was talking ab out cocaine, but it looks like you guys have been hoarding the crack. You seriously believe what you guys wrote? I feel sorry for you. Damn bunch of masochists.

Hillary lied has ass off. For you young pups who don't remember Ross Perot from 1992, he informed US that a person lies when their eye blinks go up. I saw Hillary talk and watched her eyes go stroboscopic. Lester's and The Donald's weren't. Wasn't something in the air. I don't think it was her contacts, she didn't have red eyes, unless that's another drug she had.

WTF with all these math symbols? Her plans are....??? What are they besides we are all racists? Shit, even my wife picked that one out, and she was trying not to watch the damn thing. Sorry honey,  football went to commercial.

https://i.reddituploads.com/8bd930b349124da381c2ad0c680a42be?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=695378e2507846860a89bba55bf0dd33

Yeah, I think the Constitution is important. But what are we arguing for anyway, the Internet is going to die in 2 days. And your guy did it. Thanks Obama!

If the Donald did so bad, we is he still winning? Why hasn't her poll numbers skyrocketed? It's only media hype for her, and all the doctors and drugs that keep her on life support. She's even a worse candidate than Romney.

Damn, it's Wednesday, so no football to get back to. sigh. So Burk, root for the Montreal Alouettes, you've got a Duck on your team.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:47:15 am by jaybug »
Timing is everything in comedy!

Offline surdumil

• Yeah! I'm lookin' at you!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 04:44:03 pm »

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 04:49:29 pm »
Here's the schedule...

Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Vice presidential debate

Sunday, October 9, 2016
Second presidential debate

Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Third presidential debate

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 02:11:58 am »
So... the Vice Presidential debate was interesting. Kaine supported Clinton and trashed Trump at every opportunity and Pence didn't even attempt to defend Trump, seeming as if almost as if he thought that he himself was running. It makes me suspect that Trump has promised Kaine that if elected that he will step aside and give the power to Pence.

I should also say that I kind of imagine a conspiracy theory where Trump running at all was some kind of Clinton-Trump ploy to get Clinton elected and give Trump more name recognition because at the end of the day the only thing Trump cares about is Trump.

Offline jaybug

• Go Ducks!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 07:24:11 am »
Kaine made the debate unwatchable. He really sucked. How could Pence defend Trump when Kaine and the moderator interrupted him in his replies? Pence is ready to go to work. Kaine is ready for his creepy clown debut. 

Hillary is for Hillary, and no one else.

I think I'll watch football Sunday. I already know who I will vote for. Hillary has done nothing to make me think she will abide by the Constitution.

Timing is everything in comedy!

Offline halfelite

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 08:49:54 pm »
So... the Vice Presidential debate was interesting. Kaine supported Clinton and trashed Trump at every opportunity and Pence didn't even attempt to defend Trump, seeming as if almost as if he thought that he himself was running. It makes me suspect that Trump has promised Kaine that if elected that he will step aside and give the power to Pence.

Not even. He just did not take the bait. He should have at least stepped in a few times to defend Trump. But he did not take the bait to get into a screaming match with Kaine. Which I think was the right choice. Pence I think won the debate hands down. Kaine acted liked Donald Trump trying to talk over everyone and push his way into everything

Offline metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 12:20:32 am »
Pence just sat there and took what a fucking waste of time. If you're gunna straight up lie about what your running mate is saying I guess you better hire someone who hates everything that doesn't look like him.

BUT WOW LOOK HE'S SO TRUSTWORTHY AND RESPECTABLE.

at the movies drunk & young

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 12:44:26 pm »

He does seem like he's about to turn the camera at any point and start a spiel on what reverse mortgages can do for you.

Shame he's a homophobic fundamentalist fucktard.
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 12:46:47 pm »

He does seem like he's about to turn the camera at any point and start a spiel on what reverse mortgages can do for you.

Shame he's a homophobic fundamentalist fucktard.

I honestly thought he was Anderson Cooper the first time I saw him.

Which is pretty funny considering...

at the movies drunk & young

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 07:26:07 am »
I'm just going to say, I was perfectly happy not knowing the term Alt-Right or what Breitbart was at all about three months ago, and now I've seen them physically incarnate and attempt to speak in something approximating human speech at an American Presidential debate. It is legion, apparently.

Still, I think the third debate should clearly be re-framed as an old-timey black & white silent movie. Ya'know where you can literally hear the sound of the projector rotating and a boisterous piano plays in the corner. It would be half-entertaining and Id feel less like vomiting at their hilarious capering about.

It's not like it's going to change anyone's mind, so why not? Put Clinton in sad mime make-up and give her a unicycle to ride around while she juggles flaming bowling pins, and give Trump the Charlie Chaplin Hitler look for the non-irony irony of it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:18:54 pm by Nikkoru »
Peace, Love, and Tranquility

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 05:23:11 pm »
If you didn't watch the second debate and want to save yourself some time, here's a somewhat comical summary of it: http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/10/second-presidential-debate.html