Author Topic: US Presidential Debate Thread  (Read 1625 times)

Offline surdumil

• Yeah! I'm lookin' at you!
Re: US Presidential Debate Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 09:27:26 pm »
Ha ha.  Yup.  You're right.  Goebbels' quotations are very appropos.
I think I just felt a chill.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2016, 12:26:50 am »
I think Tiffanys just successfully terrorized me.  I hope I keep my job and our society long enough for me to retire to Belize in 19 years.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline halfelite

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2016, 02:51:35 am »
I think Tiffanys just successfully terrorized me.  I hope I keep my job and our society long enough for me to retire to Belize in 19 years.

Are you secretly John Mcafee ? Dude lived like a star in Belize until he might have murdered that dude.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2016, 12:37:58 pm »

Are you secretly John Mcafee ? Dude lived like a star in Belize until he might have murdered that dude.

That place is supposed to be pretty good for American ex-pats.  Talked to one guy for a bit on a writing forum a few years ago who lives there.  Climate sounds similar to Florida.  Good mix of various ethnic / racial groups.   Low cost of living, low population, decent infrastructure, English language is common.  I'm going to take a vacation there at some point and see what it's like in person.  Truthfully, I'm not joking when I say I may retire there if I like it, just to be away from the States.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline Nikkoru

• Cyberpun
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2016, 06:11:19 am »
Ya'know, I actually thought for a moment that Trump might back down from his rigging rhetoric. I really did, it was a softballs of softballs - it was goddamned tee-ball - to at least soften his usual egomaniacal paranoia for a few seconds to assuage rational people the world over that regardless of the outcome there would be a peaceful transfer of power in less than a month for the global superpower that's integral to the global economy and maintains a fuck tonne of nukes ... but, "keep us in suspense" as to whether a centuries-old democracy will survive your vindictive ass?

Peace, Love, and Tranquility