Author Topic: Name some things universally agreed upon as "bad."  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
Re: Name some things universally agreed upon as "bad."
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2016, 09:08:37 pm »
Ofc they are not unique. But they grow with sentience(or level of self awareness - lucidity), memory storage (identity - knowing ones different build-up and uniqueness through detailed information), intellect (or thought engine - analyzer capabilities of the stored information) and emotions(^^')(subjectivity and quality of life :D). Animals have basic forms of these traits that are upgraded in humans characteristics. And every one of them has it's own importance. That doesn't mean they are unique as you say, just more or less developed, animals could develop them too given enough time. Aliens if they exist probably have them hyper enhanced long time since. And they most certainly can be chemically manipulated with drugs for enhancing memory storage, emotions, even a bit the intellect. Maybe even the sentience, or more rather not enhance it but keep it steady for a longer period of time = caffeine! :) If there will ever be invented one for enhancing it not deminquish it like most nowadays do, I would sign up for it immediately. That's why I sleep as much as I can, because the more rested you are, the more lucidity you have therefore the more you appreciate everything in life. People who wrongly thing if they sleep less they live more (sleep when your dead - motto) actually lose more, because they are not sentient enough most of the day to really SEE things, as they are less sentient, there is less of them there to spot everything there is = they lose more.  :yes:
(With other words, if you are tired, you can read 10 pages of something and not understand 50% of the information = having less fun doing it, sometimes even feel like a torture of sorts; but if you are completely rested even one page of something can make you feel nearly ecstatic, being of more use to you then the 10 pages read while tired. Less time spent much better!)

So I always say, it's not about the amount of time doing something or being awake, but the quality of it!

Don't wake up at 6 a.m., wake at 12!(If you can afford it ofc) Why torture yourself 18 hours a day rather than enjoying everything for 12!?
Because it's custom? FUCK CUSTOM, it's the enemy of true freedom, embrace your own way to be, whatever it might be!

I... don't think I understand what you're meaning to say here.

So I'll answer the second part. Whenever I massively oversleep, I feel lethargic and broken. So no, 8ish hours a night is what I prefer.

Offline Shiakou

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2016, 09:27:08 pm »
Johnny has a talent for blasting off a tangent and then seemingly getting into an argument with himself.  :P

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2016, 07:18:14 am »
It's just trying to cover all the angles or all the basis as bate-ball or baseball dudes vocabulary would entail.
For a wise person that means an all out war within himself as a conflict of thoughts towards the purpose of reaching the ultimate better goal.
So I'll answer the second part. Whenever I massively oversleep, I feel lethargic and broken. So no, 8ish hours a night is what I prefer.
Me too, If I could get that! But I can't, I get 3-5 hours a night so I sleep 1-2 hours in the afternoon too, to make up for it and have a lucidity renewal 2 times day! But in the saturdays I sleep 10-12 hours, the only day in which I can afford to feel completely rested for quite some hours after waking up having loads amounts of energy. If you have problems keeping good score with yourself doesn't mean everyone else is. We are all different, all I meant is do what feels right for your body, for your mind, not for everyone else as a concept of so called high or higher society.

To be on topic... I say as an example the voluntary freedom deprivation, if the human mind hasn't yet been elated to the stage that it's considered as universally bad, it should awake already! Jesus...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:24:49 am by Johnny D »
It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other people… but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.
Just more lives as sad and singular as your own.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Shiakou

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2016, 07:59:07 am »
the voluntary freedom deprivation

. . . The what?

Offline Fool010

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2016, 08:48:02 am »

. . . The what?

He's calling people sheep. Johnny has built himself a fantasy world while all he does is recycling old utopist tropes and cliches science fiction itself hasn't used for at least half a century. He rewrites science and history when they don't fit his delusions and considers doing so to be "free thinking". Somehow in his mind playing "what if" and prospective thinking are the same thing and holding on to verified knowledge instead of chasing fantasies is sign you lack spine. Yet, if you scroll back in this topic you'll realize his moral convictions are actually pretty conservative and ordinary.

He's more of a desktop "rebel" than Number 6's second coming, he's also fond of recycling old philosophy while not having really understood the concepts he presents as his own.

Despite all the bells and whistles, what he says boils down to lel, u sheeple dumb
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:06:53 pm by Fool010 »
Who needs a signature anyway ?

MAL               last.fm

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2016, 06:22:58 am »
That is funny, considering you understand yourself at least as I do myself. :laugh:
. . . The what?

Freedom deprivation, on purpose! When someone means to and does deprive of freedom someone else.
If you don't mean to and just do it because of just let's say bad emotions and little reason, it can't be all that universally bad.
It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other people… but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline froody1911

• Confucius say man's last will is dead giveaway.
    • froody1911
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2017, 08:13:31 am »
Venereal diseases

YOU'RE MOM

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:09 am »
does a despot count as "universally bad"?

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2017, 10:13:08 pm »
Not for his own family and the list of his favored people! :)

I guess there are no "Universally bad" things, everything has an upside however small. Even death can be construed as good if a limited lifespan somehow makes life better, that's what some say and that's the argument. The more you live, the harder is to enjoy it in some say, so it's not universal perceived as bad. I would say... the anticipation of death. But even that doesn't classify for those who are in so much pain that death would be a release so they anticipate it with desire, not fear. There will always be at least one guy to say something most think it's bad that it's good, so there are no real universal bad things, just overwhelmingly considered as bad. Death and the anticipation of it and even a despot, they all classify in that category.

The best example that comes to my mind is "suicide bombers". Overwhelmingly bad? Sure! Universally? Not for the guy that does it by choice. :)

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2017, 01:18:15 pm »
Continuing an animated series with a 2016/2017 CGI one!
I mean... damn, that has to be universally agreed as "bad", otherwise nothing is.

If you want to do CGI, contact the people who made "The Jungle Book", that's what I call CGI!
Compared to it, japonese one stands for Crap Gone Insane.

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2017, 05:07:04 pm »
Continuing an animated series with a 2016/2017 CGI one!

Someone just saw the latest Berserk, I take it?

List of least to worst.
-Traffic Jams
-Internet Arguments (Yeah, I've been guilty of this one too.)  XD
-Leg Cramps
-Our current president
-Teenage Neighbors
-Cancer
-Having to poop extremely badly but the only place nearby won't let you use the facilities.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.