Author Topic: MPC-HC + Kawaii Codec Pack - Closed Captions?  (Read 359 times)

Offline KageKenshin

MPC-HC + Kawaii Codec Pack - Closed Captions?
« on: October 14, 2016, 03:53:18 am »
Well, this is a bit of a specific issue.  I'm trying to play back a DVD ISO and while I can get to the menu and play episodes and whatnot, I can't figure out how to get it to play it with closed captioning.  It seems MPC-HC doesn't decode CC natively?  There isn't an option within the Kawaii Codec pack to do so?  The only options I can see from a net search, is to DL FFDSHOW and enable some options, and disable internal MPEG2 decoding in MPC-HC.  Thought I'd ask here to see if there was, in fact, some option I had for this with what I already had.

I would just rip it with handbrake (and I intend to at some point), except it's a bit weird (eps are standard anime ep length, but the titles are all over an hour, and there are only 3 of them for 9 eps.  So I guess each title is a block of 3 eps, but the # of chapters/title doesn't really add up.  I'll have to experiment to figure out what's up there.)

Offline Morellet

Re: MPC-HC + Kawaii Codec Pack - Closed Captions?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:35:03 am »
Have you tried using VLC instead? Playing back DVDs/DVD ISOs is the only thing I use VLC for.

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
Re: MPC-HC + Kawaii Codec Pack - Closed Captions?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:33:04 pm »
Yeah, ffdshow is the way you have to do it with MPC-HC but it works ^^' .  If you don't already have it, ffdshow is also very useful for a lot of other things, as well.