Author Topic: Your last "Freak out" moment  (Read 1112 times)

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
Your last "Freak out" moment
« on: October 25, 2016, 02:58:28 am »
Left the oven on? Thought a car was gonna run you over? Lost your mobile phone?
When's the last time you really freaked out, potentially over something that turns out to be nothing?

I was watching anime last night.
I was in bed, laptop in view, external HDD connected, when suddenly... No anime would play.
They all came bavk "file not found"
My heart skipped a beat.
There was 700GB of anime on this HDD, oh fuck, right?

After panicing for a while, I rolled over and went to sleep pissed off.

This morning I checked the external on my computer and it was fine, the issue was a corrupt install of MPC-HC, caused by a slowly dying Toshiba internal.

Crisis avoided.

Online TiYlER

• 絶対大丈夫だよ!· · · · · · · Smårips er også bær
Re: Your last "Freak out" moment
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 03:25:55 am »
I occasionally wake up in the middle of the night saying "OH FUCK" thinking that I'm late for work. Sometimes I even get up and get dressed and everything only to realize it's 1 in the morning and I still have 3 hours.
「発想の転換が必要なの。あれ、これどっかで聞いたなぁって思ったら、まず逆を考えるわけ。そしたら新しいものが生まれてくるかもしれないじゃない」
muh dick

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 03:40:03 am »
Beats the hell out of me when the last time I genuinely freaked out was.  But some of the especially fun times are when I stop breathing in the middle of the night during a sound sleep and abruptly wake up gasping, heart pounding wildly.  Hasn't happened like that in a long time that I can recall, months certainly, years probably.  I suppose it's possible, even likely, that I have or have had some form of sleep apnea.  I think I have had some more mild episodes of this even recently, like during the last month or even few weeks.

Funny, I don't think I've ever even given this much conscious thought until just this moment as I've written this up.  Maybe I should mention it to my P.A. at my next doctor's appointment.  Maybe this explains why I sometimes don't feel rested after sleeping.  From past reading on the subject, it could be happening a lot more than I realize.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 06:17:04 am »
I was sitting on the toilet doing my business when I noticed what looked like some kind of black something or other under the seat, looking down from between my legs. I wasn't sure what it was so I poked at it several times thinking it was a piece of fuzz or a bit of a leaf or pretty much anything except what it was. When I realized it was a spider - a fiddleback (brown recluse) no less - and I was in the most vulnerable position humanly possible, I was completely mortified. Not only was I less than a few inches away from one of the most necrotic spiders around, but I had been cluelessly poking at it with my finger! Needless to say, I freaked right the fuck out.

That was, ehm... maybe 2 months ago now? Either way, it was horrifying.

Online metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 06:17:32 am »
Mania is really fun.

It just sorta shows up like the best unexpected high you could ever get and destroys any semblance of sanity, but it's fun!

That counts right?

at the movies drunk & young

Offline Soryon

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 06:47:26 am »
when the kid almost ran into the road while a car was coming.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 06:27:31 am »
I near shat myself when lightning struck the ground not 10 meters feom me, suddenly from nowhere.

I'm probably half deaf now, that was like a bomb going off and hot.

Online ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 07:34:36 am »
One night, me and my room mate were walking along the road when I was about to go down of the side walk since there's a post and leaves blocking it. He crossed first so I went ahead too. I was looking down instead of looking at the path. Just almost before I get down I looked up and there's a tricycle counter-flowing at 30kph 2 meters away with its headlight off.

If I ever go down there without looking up, I'm pretty much fucked. But fuck, I want to kill stupid driver.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 01:26:57 am »
I near shat myself when lightning struck the ground not 10 meters feom me, suddenly from nowhere.

I'm probably half deaf now, that was like a bomb going off and hot.

I almost got struck by lightning as a kid.  Scared the hell out of me.  Went outside to check the mail just before a thunderstorm came through the area.  We lived in a cul de sac, and there was a large puddle in the center of it.  I saw a blue flash right when lightning hit the puddle.  I probably wasn't more than 30 or 40 feet from it.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:41:36 am »
I've put some shots in the pictures thread if you wanna see some nice lightning.
https://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=6023.msg5133841#msg5133841
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:13:34 am by Krudda »

Online ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 03:14:19 am »
Was playing Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy...
>Went to Northern Isles
>Found an old lady and she gave Stella Whirlwind spell
>Old lady disappears
!!Chill ran down my spine
>Continued following the walked path
>Found Thornkeep
>A prompt appears that something will happen
>As I entered Thornkeep, Dusk falls and the game added dark blue light
>Game played scary background music.
>Walked a little bit and found people to talk to
>NPCs were surprised of me. One said "Oh my, we've never had visitors before"

Fuck me, I ain't playing this game for a while. I need someone to accompany me.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 03:34:06 am »
I haven't played a genuinely scary game since the first F.E.A.R PS3 version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_tCPePV7x8

Try playing that alone in the dark.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 03:57:45 am »
Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Outlast are two horror games I tried to play and couldn't.  One day, I need to go back and try those again.

I remember entering one level in Amnesia, and it immediately turns into a full-blown chase in the dark by an unseen monster through a water level on an unknown map with no way of knowing where the hell you're supposed to go.  I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  IIRC, I don't think my in-game character actually died, but I had to stop and take a break for like 15 minutes afterwards.  That was one of the most terrifying moments I've experienced in a game.  That game is seriously dark and depressing.

I am somewhat proud that I played and beat Alien: Isolation on Hard difficulty.  That game was fairly scary early on, but once I figured out the alien's behavior patterns, it became mostly an exercise in strategic patience.  Still, that sonofabitch killed me A LOT, and there are few in-game things scarier than cowering in a locker while a pissed off xenomorph sticks its face right up to the door and sniffs around.  Or when you're crawling along in an air duct and all of a sudden the lid above you pops open and a huge black arm grabs you by the head and rips your face off.  Good sound design is crucial to a game like that, and Alien: Isolation absolutely nailed it on that score.

Offline Hatsune4505

• So many games, so little time!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 08:49:13 pm »
Decided to do a blind playthrough of a visual novel (no guides for what choices will get me a good ending). Got lucky and got into the route of the girl I decided I'd try to go for. The story progressed all the way to the climax until... BAD end. The MC dies, the girl is left alone pregnant. She ends up living in a house together with the MC's dead body stuffed in a body bag.  :'(  I got traumatized. Never playing without a guide again.  :no:
It's a trap?!

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 09:12:40 pm »
Sounds to me you got the Yandere end.

Online ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 12:55:07 am »
My SSD was always 100% disk utilization but only has a write speed of 1MB/s. I thought that my SSD is failing real bad.

I ran a chkdsk /F /scan overnight and everything's good now.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 03:08:06 am »
Just finished lunch break at work.was halfway through the startup procedure on the machine I use, whilst munching on the last couple of bites of my hotdog, when I felt something land on my finger. I assumed it was a fly, but was somewhat mistaken as it turned out to be a wasp.

Offline Msiku

• ok
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 02:58:25 pm »
Probably when i was skating and a van came out of an alley but i rolled over its bonnet and onto my feet instead of any real damage. And my board was fine

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 08:16:09 pm »
Hearing a really eerie sound while sleeping, and it turned out to be the hot water boiler.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline 1000mAh

• bananas, melonas, tralala, ding ding dong
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 07:14:26 am »
I was at a mall and realized there were ton of people around me and they were all talking and moving.
Results:
- Shaking hands
- High pulse
- Felt Hot & Cold at the same time
- Unnatural sweating
- Fast movement in my eyes
- The feeling ''I want home''
- aaand difficulties with breathing.

I think this counts as a freak out?

Don't EVER touch my snacks!||Discord