Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2016, 09:10:28 pm »
From the release of this thing, it'll be only one.
AKA Jack of all trades, master of none.

We do not yet know.

It may very well favour one arm or the other.

Considering how much larger and successful the 3DS is compared to the WiiU, it might very well be a portable device that can be used on the living room screen rather than a 50/50

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2016, 09:21:40 pm »
So its basically Nintendo's version of a PSP, in that regard?

Offline Saras

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2016, 01:02:02 am »
So its basically Nintendo's version of a PSP, in that regard?

Dunno, not enough data. But that wouldn't surprise me.

Whatever the case may be, the new pokemon game is coming to the switch. If they keep their handheld third party devs, it'll be basically certain that the handheld portion will dominate.

The only way that won't happen is if the third party triple A's decide to give their full support for it. That means EA, Ubisoft and the like.

Offline Govna

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »
Because we're trying to establish if Nintendo is a "home entertainment" manufacturer, or just another desperate company jumping ship and onto the hype train for all things portable.

Uuuuh what.
Since you appear to have mistook me or not understood.
Nintendo is going broke.
"portable gaming" has been the in-thing for the past ~3 years and is only getting more popular.

I was suggesting Nintendo was abandoning consoles, seeing as they already lost to SONY and Microsoft, and just focusing on portable devices.

Considering they've been doing portables since the 90s, I'd just say this was their plan all along.
The Gamecube may have had a handle, but it was not a 'portable'. Nor was the Wii, WiiU...

And all the Switch is is a progression on the WiiU. Looking at it on the long term, they've been moving towards lower power/more portable gaming for a real long while.

Offline GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2016, 05:05:52 am »
Select the 5 year option. Notice the spike around the time Pokémon Go was released (royalties)
Notice the just as huge drop only a little while after?

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ntdoy

The huge drop was because they released their earnings report, it turned out Pokemon Go was a Niantic thing, Nintendo had little involvement in it, which is why it's now failing so bad.

Stock prices dont paint the whole picture, they are more in line with what the people (investors) are thinking, it seems many investors are Krudda's, all negative and stuff... so the stock goes down, but then once Nintendo announces something shit spikes up again. . .that's just the market at work. As mentioned by many others, the value of Nintendo is HUGE, they can afford to lose one two even three gens. (Noticed they won with the Wii as far as sales goes) They lost one generation (Wii-U) and I am positive they'll be on top with this new iteration. If all goes to hell they can just drop out of the console market and still make huge profits selling software to the other consoles.

Offline Govna

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2016, 07:16:16 pm »
Select the 5 year option. Notice the spike around the time Pokémon Go was released (royalties)
Notice the just as huge drop only a little while after?

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/ntdoy

The huge drop was because they released their earnings report, it turned out Pokemon Go was a Niantic thing, Nintendo had little involvement in it, which is why it's now failing so bad.

Stock prices dont paint the whole picture, they are more in line with what the people (investors) are thinking, it seems many investors are Krudda's, all negative and stuff... so the stock goes down, but then once Nintendo announces something shit spikes up again. . .that's just the market at work. As mentioned by many others, the value of Nintendo is HUGE, they can afford to lose one two even three gens. (Noticed they won with the Wii as far as sales goes) They lost one generation (Wii-U) and I am positive they'll be on top with this new iteration. If all goes to hell they can just drop out of the console market and still make huge profits selling software to the other consoles.

Na man I read this one reddit board and they told me Nintendo is dum and no one cool cares about them anymore.

Offline Banzybanz

• I like rice.
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2016, 09:33:26 am »
I consider the PSP a handheld, but I consider the PSV a portable console.
The Nintendo Switch, being larger than a PSV, should be considered a portable console in my opinion. It may look like a handheld device, but it is really just a tablet with beefier specs.

While there is a distinction to be made between a portable and a handheld, your definitions are all over the place.
A portable would be something that you can easily carry about. A handheld is something you can play while holding in your hands. By definition all handhelds have to portable, but the converse isn't true. A laptop or a gaming tablet is portable but not handheld.

Whether you can carry or fit in one hand or 2 does not matter, people don't carry about their things in their hands, it's either a bag or their pocket. Some handhelds like the 3DS XL don't even fit into a pocket. None of the handhelds can fit in one hand except for the Gameboy Advance SP (folded) or the Gameboy Micro.

Since you hold the Switch in your hands while playing, it is a handheld. You can also play it as a non-handheld portable, propping it up with the stand and using the Pro/Grip controller.

Offline GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2017, 07:12:16 am »
So,
Nintendo just officially released the Nintendo Switch.
The new handheld/docked hybrid console that will be released on March 3rd alongside The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
HYPE plz

YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE PRESENTATION

Offline Hatsune4505

• So many games, so little time!
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 07:30:25 am »
Online play will now be a paid service for the switch. Welp. I guess I'll stick to my CFW O3DS.
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
It's a trap?!

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 08:08:35 am »
Yet another nail in its coffin?

Offline Tatsujin

• Box Fansubs
    • Otakixus
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2017, 08:28:45 pm »
Can't believe no one is talking about it. . .c'mon guys am I really the only nintendo fanboy in this forum :(?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
300 USD for a tablet system and 50-60 USD for new games, ... I'll wait till that drops almost half the price of the system and games are below 30 USD.

¸¸,.-~*'¨¨¨™¤¦ Otakixus ¦¤™¨¨¨'*~-.,¸¸

Offline halfelite

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2017, 09:18:16 pm »
I put in my pre order more for the nostalgic feeling. I was leaning towards picking up a ps4 finally but switched over.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:32 pm »
Games will decide this for me, as always. Breath of Wild has me hyped but I don't want to pay 400 euros for a single game.
Get me a new Advance Wars, and I'm sold. Or a Golden Sun.

Somehow I feel this will be lacking again. Nintendo just fails to realise how much darker titles matter. Dark souls with Wii Motion+ would have been the best game of the century.

Plus calling a gamesystem with 3 hours of battery life when new a mobile gaming platform is iffy at best.

I put in my pre order more for the nostalgic feeling. I was leaning towards picking up a ps4 finally but switched over.
I see what you did there.

Because we can!

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2017, 03:58:09 am »
Yet another nail in its coffin?
I want Xenoblade 2. :'( There is just always that one game....

Homu-Homu is troubled

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2017, 04:03:48 am »
I want Xenoblade 2. :'( There is just always that one game...
Taking into account rather low system specs of Switch, you will probably be able to play it on an emulator in a few years.

Offline Saras

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2017, 04:16:53 am »
I'm surprisingly interested in it.

It finally being region free is kind of the thing that is pushing me to get it.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2017, 05:41:56 am »
I want Xenoblade 2. :'( There is just always that one game...
Taking into account rather low system specs of Switch, you will probably be able to play it on an emulator in a few years.
I do hope that. One of the first things I am doing with my new PC is setting the wii emulator up so I can play Xenoblade Chronicles (the one I have been constantly asking about.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:20:20 am by Mistgun_Zero »

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tanis

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2017, 06:04:29 am »
Forgot if I posted this here or not but...

IDK...maybe I'm the wrong audience at this point?

The Switch has officially become a 'wait till BF 2018' deal.

I WAS so excited for it but between the nutty cost of the controllers (and other peripherals) to the nonexistent on-board memory (seriously...Mirco-SD? In the age of 50GB games?) to a paid internet service that (Given Nintendo's history) will be lackluster AT BEST.

Plus, only like THREE NEW games worth buying in the first year?

Yeah...GG Nintendo.

WiiU was the first Nintendo system I didn't care about and skipped...
-I STILL have a Virtual Boy in a box, somewhere. XD

The Switch will be the second, unless there's a hell of a good deal, or support, in a year or two on the system.
:|

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2017, 06:30:37 am »
I do hope that. One of the first things I am doing with my new PC is setting the wii emulator up so I can play Xenoblade Chronicles (the one I have been constantly asking about.)
Xenoblade Chronicles runs almost perfectly on my 6 years old PC in Dolphin in 3x resolution and with HD texture patch.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:39:46 am by Al_Sleeper »

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2017, 06:33:25 am »
My previous one was 8 years old. There is quite a difference between a core 2 duo with a 256MB laptop graphic card and a i5 with a decent 2GB level GPU.

Well, I already got a new one, one with GTX 1060, so I don't really have to worry about much from now on for a couple of years. ^__^. Now I just have to wait for some holidays so that I actually have the time to play. :(

Homu-Homu is troubled