Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 2506 times)

Online Al_Sleeper

Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2017, 06:41:43 am »
Mind though it takes some time to get accustomed to its controls mapped to PC keyboard.

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2017, 07:18:47 am »
Or use any gamepad with it. Using some funky software you can even use PS3/4 controllers, Xbox controllers are supported out of the box in windows I believe.

I find the switch interesting, it essentially encompasses what I'd hope out of a Vita2, however at that pricepoint and with most of the games announced for it not interesting me I think I'll skip. Cemu is getting better so maybe I'll get to catch up on some titles in a year or so. They might win me over if they manage a decent bundle at 250-300€ (it's 330€ in germany +8% extra VAT for hungary...).

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2017, 10:13:37 pm »
Forgot if I posted this here or not but...

IDK...maybe I'm the wrong audience at this point?

The Switch has officially become a 'wait till BF 2018' deal.

I WAS so excited for it but between the nutty cost of the controllers (and other peripherals) to the nonexistent on-board memory (seriously...Mirco-SD? In the age of 50GB games?) to a paid internet service that (Given Nintendo's history) will be lackluster AT BEST.

Plus, only like THREE NEW games worth buying in the first year?

Dunno, I might be the right one.

I don't give a single fuck that it's micro-sd, nor do I plan on buying extra peripherals. The fact that it's portable is honestly good enough for me to consider it.

It has three games I'm interested in during the first year, that's already more than the xbox one has in total for me.

If I can get it and the zelda game for 330ish to 350ish euro, I'm buying the damn thing at release.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2017, 09:21:32 pm »
Or use any gamepad with it. Using some funky software you can even use PS3/4 controllers, Xbox controllers are supported out of the box in windows I believe.
There's a very decent motion+ branch for dolphin(though hasn't been updated in forever), that you can even play Skyward Sword with btw.
Mapping the motion controls to the other hat works really nicely. Move hat from left to right, Link hits left to right, press the hat to thrust, etc.

Because we can!

Offline Chiyachan

• Staff
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2017, 09:34:19 pm »
Someone buy me one?
Quote from: Enzedder
I agree that its a lounge but its not a supergay lounge.
'Onest, I'm a super cute gal. Befriend me? ;D

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Tanis

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2017, 07:21:24 am »
It seems like Nintendo is doing to their console what EA/Ubisoft does to their games.

Release part of it, and then require a shit load of money to actually get the most out of it.

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2017, 08:50:30 am »
I read through most of the configs and the deals, but what exactly do you get for $299? And how much does each of it's game costs. And does Nintendo ever reduce the price of it's consoles. I would think $299 be worth it for the console plus the Legend of the Zelda, just to have a good mobile gaming device with a good game. Even still, the thing is pricey, if I only get the console and no dock.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline megido-rev.M

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:31:33 am by megido-rev.M »

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline Banzybanz

• I like rice.
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2017, 05:26:40 pm »
They just need to announce Pokémon for this.

Offline megido-rev.M

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2017, 06:13:39 am »
Switch battery life test: you can play Breath of the Wild just over three hours on a full charge
On one hand it is nice to know that Nintendo didn't lie about that during their announcement, but then again, three hours is like the minimum anyone would play a RPG.

Now where is the Switch Emulator ;)

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2017, 11:45:40 pm »
Hype is getting real boyz Nintendo Switch Unboxing.

I'm gonna go to my local frys, I talked to their employees and they said they're getting a HUGE order in and they arent taking pre-orders so its on a full first-come-first-serve basis.
This, added to the Friday release and the fact that I'll be purposely super late for work means I am almost guaranteed a Switch on Launch date.

Amazon pre-orders for all games take 20% discount and deliver on day of release so. . .tahts a thing as well ;)
good luck boyz

Offline Ultimecia

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2017, 07:01:29 am »
I have my preorder being delivered to work since between me and my husband we're out for half of the day. Wish launch day line up was a bit better but Zelda should keep me going for now :)

Offline Ozzaharwood

• ζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘζ༼⊙ ͟ل͜ ⊙༽ᶘ
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 12:39:56 pm »
Since Breath of the Wild is the only game I would play on launch I held off pre-ordering just in case it has unexpected issues. Let us know how it is when you get it! If the reviews are good, I am definitely buying this. (If not only just for Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2017, 01:44:06 pm »
The mobility and the two awesome games (zelda and xenoblade) are really really appealing. There are times when you are at work and you have quite some free time. This would definitely be a thing. But then again, those two games are the only ones this thing has for me. I both like and hate this thing. I am waiting for a somewhat price drop or some better deal on this.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2017, 02:19:58 am »