Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 2599 times)

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 07:41:49 pm »
Nintendo Switch launched today here @ $506. It does include the pro controller; yes, it's a bundle and you can't buy a switch without it; but still a premium of $140, assuming the full cost of $60 cost of the controller. Not nice.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Al_Sleeper

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2017, 08:41:03 am »

Online Ultimecia

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2017, 08:51:04 am »
The only issue I've had is the strap getting stuck on the joy con. I was testing how it felt with it on and managed to throw my sword off a tower in Zelda because I forgot to pause while I wrestled to remove the damn thing. Not a massive issue for me as I likely won't be using the straps anyway.

I do miss that sword though... couldn't find it after...

Online GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2017, 07:04:22 am »
DUDE
I AM FUCKING LOVING ZELDA!!
It got me a while to get used to this not being super easy like the previous ones. . .getting 1 hit KO multiple times until I learned my lesson to actually plan an attack or avoid them.
I've probably spent over half my play time just exploring and doing side quests. . .and just trying to get to high cliffs for no real reason. . . so much fun

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2017, 07:49:30 am »

My fav screenshot so far. LINK.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2017, 02:49:58 pm »
Well, missed the day one thing. But I'm getting the switch come next paycheck.

Even after release my opinion of it didn't change. Especially considering that I'll be flying six times in the summer, it'll be a very welcome addition.

Can anyone tell me how well the switch works with usb banks?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:53:49 pm by Saras »

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2017, 03:45:46 pm »
According to a friend of mine: not well. It apparently needs 15V 1.5-2.0A, most USB banks are 1-1.5A at 5V. His experience was that it didn't charge at all (he even felt that it used energy quicker when in standby with the powerbank connected (not verified, just his exact wording)). There are banks that work with it, but those apparently cost upwards of 90€

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
Some reviews do mention working well with power-banks, but it also has weird behavior like charging the Macbook instead of the other way around (mostly because of the custom voltage profile). Better to check before buying

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Saras

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2017, 05:14:21 pm »
Any specific good bank model that it works with?

Some reviews do mention working well with power-banks, but it also has weird behavior like charging the Macbook instead of the other way around (mostly because of the custom voltage profile). Better to check before buying

Haha, USB-C allowing for power transfer both ways has it issues. :D

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2017, 03:50:21 pm »
Just a tad bit more info, standard battery banks seem to play well when Switch is in sleep/off mode, but when you are using it, it doesn't work well. I guess it's better to wait for Switch compatible ones, which also means a higher price tag as well.

EDIT: IIRC, you have access to a chemistry lab at the uni, can't you custom make your battery with the required voltage output? Just a thought, I know the amount of work that will be required. It might be a nice fun way to waste some time. Like creating a collectable item.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:54:25 pm by Mistgun_Zero »

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Banzybanz

• I like rice.
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2017, 01:00:01 pm »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-check-the-specs-before-you-buy-a-p/1100-6448565/

The Switch charges at 1.94 A at 4.68 V, so you need a powerbank that can supply atleast 2 A at 5 V (or higher). Just check the specs before buying the powerbank.

This one works - Intex IT-PB11K 11000 mAh

Offline Tanis

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2017, 04:42:54 pm »
So I heard speed runners are using the WiiU version of LoZ because it has faster load times at shrines.

Offline Saras

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2017, 05:26:39 pm »
Just a tad bit more info, standard battery banks seem to play well when Switch is in sleep/off mode, but when you are using it, it doesn't work well. I guess it's better to wait for Switch compatible ones, which also means a higher price tag as well.

EDIT: IIRC, you have access to a chemistry lab at the uni, can't you custom make your battery with the required voltage output? Just a thought, I know the amount of work that will be required. It might be a nice fun way to waste some time. Like creating a collectable item.

Technically, yes. However, I have doubts that the airlines would appreciate me bringing a DIY lithium battery aboard.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-check-the-specs-before-you-buy-a-p/1100-6448565/

The Switch charges at 1.94 A at 4.68 V, so you need a powerbank that can supply atleast 2 A at 5 V (or higher). Just check the specs before buying the powerbank.

This one works - Intex IT-PB11K 11000 mAh

Oh god, I thought they wanted a grand for it, that was a bit of a shock :D

Offline Banzybanz

• I like rice.
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2017, 07:03:59 am »
Hahaha, for a grand you can get a petrol engine, enough to power 5000 Switches at once.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:15:59 am by megido-rev.M »
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!