Author Topic: [Car] Need help to find parts/weblink *URGENT*  (Read 383 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline Clannad_92

• ~Rem~
[Car] Need help to find parts/weblink *URGENT*
« on: October 25, 2016, 06:48:26 am »
hi guys, 1st of all im not a car-guy. im more to computer/tech-guy, so help is (very) needed

my dad's car is acting up yesterday and as long as i know, the car has its known problem; the radiator coolant is seeping into the engine causing the engine's temp to rose up and dried up the coolant in radiator. i guess the problem is beginning to surface more apparant

so my dad asks me to find the part for his car, and honestly, i have a big trouble in searching for specific model.

dont flame me, i also dunno the common model, but i think its a Mitsubishi Galant Sigma 1.6. if you need more just reply and i will provide more. any help is appreciated

thank you

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
Re: [Car] Need help to find parts/weblink *URGENT*
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:02:50 am »
I don't know what country you're in but here usually calling a local auto parts store is the thing to do in such a case.

Online logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:18:53 am »
google it man, the make, model and year are the easiest way to search
...this was the very first site a quick search got me

Offline Clannad_92

• ~Rem~
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 10:51:45 am »
I don't know what country you're in but here usually calling a local auto parts store is the thing to do in such a case.
im malaysian

google it man, the make, model and year are the easiest way to search
...this was the very first site a quick search got me
hi guys, 1st of all im not a car-guy. so help is (very) needed

i HONESTLY dunno where/what to look, all i know is;

- mitsubishi galant sigma 1.6 glx (from paper and the logo in car's bonnet)
- the year 1982
- its engine (model?) is 4g32b

what my father is looking for is cylinder head, and havent found the exact thing

i would appreciate if you guys can help me

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 11:36:40 am »
i get the feeling that this car's damage is beyond repair...

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 12:23:55 pm »
hi guys, 1st of all im not a car-guy. im more to computer/tech-guy, so help is (very) needed

my dad's car is acting up yesterday and as long as i know, the car has its known problem; the radiator coolant is seeping into the engine causing the engine's temp to rose up and dried up the coolant in radiator. i guess the problem is beginning to surface more apparant

so my dad asks me to find the part for his car, and honestly, i have a big trouble in searching for specific model.

dont flame me, i also dunno the common model, but i think its a Mitsubishi Galant Sigma 1.6. if you need more just reply and i will provide more. any help is appreciated

thank you

Contact an auto parts store or a mechanic local to your area.  Seriously, if you don't know anything about cars, don't screw around on the Internet trying to identify what's needed yourself, and certainly don't waste your time here.  As a computer / tech-guy, you should know from experience that, outside of a desperate situation, it's rarely a good idea for an amateur to fool around with something he/she is not familiar with.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline Clannad_92

• ~Rem~
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 12:31:53 pm »
i get the feeling that this car's damage is beyond repair...
no, please no. the last thing i want to tell to my father

Contact an auto parts store or a mechanic local to your area.  Seriously, if you don't know anything about cars, don't screw around on the Internet trying to identify what's needed yourself, and certainly don't waste your time here.  As a computer / tech-guy, you should know from experience that, outside of a desperate situation, it's rarely a good idea for an amateur to fool around with something he/she is not familiar with.
well, the mechaniic that my father knews tells him to look for it. and the other just gonna juice out the money from my dad (his friends and himself past experience)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 08:13:59 pm »
Call a local auto parts store like I told you. If you tell them the make, model, and what kind of part you need they have databases where they can look up what it is that you need and they can even help you order it if need be. They might even help you install it if you're cute and it's not too difficult. Well, mileage may vary on that last one.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 12:53:05 am »
They might even help you install it if you're cute and it's not too difficult. Well, mileage may vary on that last one.

Yes, we can't all be "real female girl ojō-sama".

well, the mechaniic that my father knews tells him to look for it. and the other just gonna juice out the money from my dad (his friends and himself past experience)
There's got to be more than 2 mechanics in your area... unless you live in a small town or village.  In which case, yeah, an auto parts store is probably the way to go.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline Clannad_92

• ~Rem~
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 12:21:08 pm »
no need,

ive talk with my friend (family have workshop, he's on the other side of continents) and says that its hard to find the parts for our car. last choice is to find in half cut or scrap. going international is not a choice, hence the desperation

im done

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 04:35:34 pm »
no need,

ive talk with my friend (family have workshop, he's on the other side of continents) and says that its hard to find the parts for our car. last choice is to find in half cut or scrap. going international is not a choice, hence the desperation

im done

thats why i had the feeling that its beyond repair.

being beyond repair doesn't mean its not repairable by any means, its simply only follows one or more of these scenarios.
*repair cost too expensive
*parts required does not exist or is too rare
*damage to components too severe for simple patchwork
*no skilled mechanic available

and your issue coincidentally goes in line with points 2 and 3.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:40:26 pm by kitamesume »

Marked as best answer by Clannad_92 on October 31, 2016, 07:27:38 pm

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 09:10:22 am »
Coolant seeping into the engine indicates a fucked transmission or cylinder block.
If its the first one, you're in luck, you can usually repair all damage. The second one, scrap it. Its a death trap and irrepairable no matter what you do aside from getting an entire new engine basically (cheaper than replacing just the block)

After reading the rest of the thread, yeah... You're outta luck. I'm in a very similar boat - I've got a rare model car in excellent working order but some minor suspension parts are failing and it is apparently a common issue with this model - hence every other person already salvaged all available parts country-wide (car is exclusive to Australia)
Finding the parts second hand is literally impossible and buying new parts hasn't been possible since the car came out (Ford didn't make any spares at all and never licensed other vendors to either)
Only option left is to repair the parts I have, which requires vulcanizing rubber. Yeah, thats cheap...