Author Topic: [SOLVED] MPC-HC Playing Files Issue  (Read 250 times)

Offline maddock34

[SOLVED] MPC-HC Playing Files Issue
« on: November 07, 2016, 02:31:54 am »
Certain files (not limited to new files) return an error stating "MPC-HC could not render some of the pins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system. The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter" in this case I'm using the issue is "Haali Media Splitter::Audio" and a details box; http://pastebin.com/kzNu5iBs . (I have also had an issue where there would be no sound but video on certain files but I think that's because of a lack of codecs)

Using the most recent version of CCCPx64 (I was using a x32 version in the past and still received these errors, so decided to go to x64). I have "x264vfw - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec", Xiph.org open codecs, and Lagarith Lossless codec (I believe at least 1 of those was installed for another software). Set up: Win 7 64-bit, AMD FX-6200 3.8GHz, and a GeForce GTX 560.

I have looked through the wiki and couldn't find anything on this and I'm not really sure what to search for this issue on the forums (I have done a few searches). I'm also open to recommendations for codecs (what I need and don't), MPC-HC settings, etc.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:36:51 pm by maddock34 »

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
Re: MPC-HC Playing Files Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:35:42 am »
I only ever see that error on files I haven't yet downloaded much of.
If it is only some files, I'd be inclined to ignore the codecs and look at the hard drive health.
Sounds like it is corrupt.

Offline cold_hell

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:32:24 am »
1. Check the file's hash http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/  (most people usually put [CRC32] in the end of the file name) or recheck the torrent if it's from the tracker and lack hash in the name.
2. Try to redownload the file - if it plays fine it's either the HDD or you just fucked the previous download somehow (try a better torrent client or scan the hdd for bad sectors)

Offline sneaker2

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 09:43:25 am »
Something is wrong with your CCCP installation. Haali hasn't been the CCCP splitter for quite some time, CCCP is now based on MPC-HC + LAV Filters + xy-vsfilter. Deinstall Haali, then re-install CCCP. At the end of the installation there should be an option to reset all settings: tick that.

(Or just install MPC-HC + LAV (+ XySubFilter if wanted) manually - CCCP is becoming increasingly outdated. Though even MPC-HC alone will play almost any Anime fansub nowadays without any extra filters.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:46:33 am by sneaker2 »

Offline maddock34

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »
I only ever see that error on files I haven't yet downloaded much of.
If it is only some files, I'd be inclined to ignore the codecs and look at the hard drive health.
Sounds like it is corrupt.
1. Check the file's hash http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/  (most people usually put [CRC32] in the end of the file name) or recheck the torrent if it's from the tracker and lack hash in the name.
2. Try to redownload the file - if it plays fine it's either the HDD or you just fucked the previous download somehow (try a better torrent client or scan the hdd for bad sectors)
Something is wrong with your CCCP installation. Haali hasn't been the CCCP splitter for quite some time, CCCP is now based on MPC-HC + LAV Filters + xy-vsfilter. Deinstall Haali, then re-install CCCP. At the end of the installation there should be an option to reset all settings: tick that.

(Or just install MPC-HC + LAV (+ XySubFilter if wanted) manually - CCCP is becoming increasingly outdated. Though even MPC-HC alone will play almost any Anime fansub nowadays without any extra filters.)

Thanks for the help, after posting this I did a fresh download, which didn't fix it. So I then fully removed CCCP, using Revo Unistaller (just to get rid of everything) and reinstalled it, this seems to have worked. My HDD seems fine, just done doing a few checks and got no errors.

Slight update before posting: the issue was with CCCP, several files that had issues playing (no sound, errors similar to why I posted, etc.) now work fine after doing a fresh install of CCCP

Thanks for the help