Author Topic: US Civil War #2 incoming?  (Read 830 times)

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
Re: US Civil War #2 incoming?
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 06:24:27 pm »
I hope I'm wrong but I think even Bush was less crazy and more competent than the Trump.
Altmed is altfact!

Offline DespondenSea

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 07:29:33 pm »
We survived eight years of W. I think we can survive four of this guy.

I doubt this guy is going to last four years.

Even with a Republican House and Senate, he'll likely get impeached or resign with 18 months.

Though Pence becoming President is also terrifying.

Offline Reape

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 07:32:46 pm »
I hope I'm wrong but I think even Bush was less crazy and more competent than the Trump.

Well at least he didn't outright talk like a fascist. Or maybe he did and I was just too young to remember.
Nordic cultural imperialist.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 01:18:25 am »
With that said, I don't think states will secede nor will we have a Civil War. But I sure wish one of those two things would happen because it's gotten to the point that I don't see us ever coming together again. We're too deeply divided. We're no longer the United States of America.

While I was in the shower the other day, I was daydreaming of a what-if scenario:  what if Oregon, Washington State, and California secede and form the "Free States of America" (or more likely, the "Green States of America").  President / Emperor Trump declares war on the traitors, deploys the National Guard, and launches nuclear weapons.  A world-wide economic collapse ensues.  In a post-apocalyptic world, the player characters roam the wilderness of the Southwest looking for survivors of the holocaust while battling roving bands of nuclear mutants and the fanatical Lone Star Hunters, former Texan lawmen whose mission is to find and execute the enemies of the Republic.

Sounds like a plausible basis for a Mad Max-style Cyberpunk game.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 01:28:25 am »
Are per chance, on any new meds, Ixarku?
You just mashed together about six or more games and actually made it sound awsome

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 01:50:44 am »
Are per chance, on any new meds, Ixarku?
You just mashed together about six or more games and actually made it sound awsome

LOL, no, although yesterday I was drinking a Pretzel Stout that my buddy was trying to get rid of, a beer so dark and heavy that it could star in a Black Metal video.

I am the master of half-assed ideas that sound good but end up going nowhere.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 02:17:29 am »
We can turn it into a mini Android game using Python.

Although, to avoid defamation of character lawsuits, I suggest we repeal 'Emporer Trump', and rename him "Emporer Trum Pet"

Your objective is to break down the wall he built, and allow illegal stereotype Mexican immigrants, to flood the country. Stabilizing the economy whilst decreasing your standard of living.

You break the wall by shooting Mexicans at it, Space Invaders style.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:24:43 am by Krudda »

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 04:57:03 am »
With that said, I don't think states will secede nor will we have a Civil War. But I sure wish one of those two things would happen because it's gotten to the point that I don't see us ever coming together again. We're too deeply divided. We're no longer the United States of America.

While I was in the shower the other day, I was daydreaming of a what-if scenario:  what if Oregon, Washington State, and California secede and form the "Free States of America" (or more likely, the "Green States of America").  President / Emperor Trump declares war on the traitors, deploys the National Guard, and launches nuclear weapons.  A world-wide economic collapse ensues.  In a post-apocalyptic world, the player characters roam the wilderness of the Southwest looking for survivors of the holocaust while battling roving bands of nuclear mutants and the fanatical Lone Star Hunters, former Texan lawmen whose mission is to find and execute the enemies of the Republic.

Sounds like a plausible basis for a Mad Max-style Cyberpunk game.
Well, California has a whole host of military bases, active anti-air defense and seacoast defense stations, and nukes. They alone are also the 6th largest economy in the world. It would be very unwise to attack them. The nukes alone I'd imagine would be quite the deterrent. You have to understand that a war among nuclear powers isn't like the wars of old. When you really back someone into a corner and they have that kind of weapon... well, let's just say most people wouldn't want to back someone into a corner that has that kind of power. Not only would they have the capability but they could nuke literally anywhere in the continental US. More than that, they have a nuclear weapons lab in Livermore... so they could definitely make more. And if they get Washington, if they're lucky then they also get some nuclear submarines at Kitsap. 3 nuclear power plants would be more than enough for making Plutonium-239 from U-238 for more bombs too. And y'know, Washington would come into play again because they have a big uranium mine in Spokane. Best of all? The largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the United States is in Washington, in Bangor - 2364 nukes. There's tons of places to fire them from in CA & WA too.

No, if they were going to retake California they'd want to sneak in and retake the nukes before risking any kind of nuclear retaliation. I don't think that would be easy though, and assuming the people controlling the CA/OR/WA military aren't stupid they'd be heavily guarded and garrisoned with troops.

So I mean honestly, if they ever did decide to secede and form their own country it'd be pretty hard to stop them. The only real way would be sanctions, tariffs, crippling the economy, and pushing public sentiment towards rejoining the union.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 05:11:07 am »
Metal Gear Trump?

Offline Tanis

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 08:39:21 am »
Metal Gear Trump?
You know he has a Solid Snake...for his daughter.

>_>
<_<
^_^

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2016, 04:10:01 pm »
Nah, just call him Drumpf. Haha!

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.