Author Topic: Trump's First 100 Days  (Read 471 times)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
Trump's First 100 Days
« on: November 11, 2016, 12:50:17 am »
    The following was pasted directly from here: http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
    • FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
    • SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
    • THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
    • FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
    • FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
    • SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:
    • FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
    • SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
    • THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
    • FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
    • FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
    • SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
    • SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:
    • FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
    • SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
    • THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
    • FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back
    • FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
    • Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
    • End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
    • American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
    • School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
    • Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
    • Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
    • End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
    • Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
    • Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
    • Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.[/list]

Offline krumm

Re: Trump's First 100 Days
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 01:12:17 am »
    If he can do a 1/10th of that he may just get a 2nd term.  I honestly feel this is our chance to see if America will make it with out a civil war within my lifetime.  There may be a few silly things on there but it is impossible to agree 100% with anyone.

I'm not a fan of trump's way of doing things but some of his policies are not to bad.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
      • My Anime List
    « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 01:23:20 am »
    I like the wall idea.
    Build a wall, charge opposing country for said wall.
    Yeah, like thats not gonna increase tension between an already strained nation and yourself.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 01:27:07 am »
    Some of the things are absolutely atrocious. These for instance:
    FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
    SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
    SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

tl;dr: fuck the environment and doom us all. He's also putting a climate change denier at the head of the EPA.

But this one here will literally lead to Americans dying:
    Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

If you don't know what a HSA is you can read here: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/in-depth/health-savings-accounts/art-20044058

Basically, it's completely worthless.

Another scary one was this:
    FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

That includes protections for the LGBTQ community. We're talking housing, employment, businesses, healthcare, marriage, etc.

There were some parts that I liked, like term limits and withdrawing from TPP. Term limits alone aren't enough though, we need to get money out of politics. Still, that's at least a step forward.  And I'm not sure what his "drain the swamp" means in a literal sense. That may very well be getting money out of politics, if so those are a few extremely good policies regardless of what I think about some of his other policies.

Hell, I even kind of like The Wall, deporting illegals, and suspending immigration from terror-prone regions.

I like the wall idea.
    Build a wall, charge opposing country for said wall.
    Yeah, like thats not gonna increase tension between an already strained nation and yourself.
    Here's the plan by the way, for how he's going to get them to pay for it: http://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
      • My Anime List
    « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 01:46:30 am »
    So its efectively blackmail, or in more legal terms "we won't act on law x as long as you help us uphold law y by funding project z"

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
    « Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 04:08:59 am »
    It's about as bad as what I was expecting, except for the fact it doesn't contain a ban on all Muslims.
    Altmed is altfact!

Offline Tanis

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 04:29:26 am »
    That's so cute that he thinks he's gonna be able to do that.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
    « Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 05:08:41 am »
    Yeah, I thought this when he tried to be the Republican candidate and then again when he tried to take Clinton on. I mean the only things to block him at this point are the Republican controlled Government and the mostly Republican controlled Supreme court.
    Altmed is altfact!

Offline Tanis

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 06:04:31 am »
    Yeah, I thought this when he tried to be the Republican candidate and then again when he tried to take Clinton on. I mean the only things to block him at this point are the Republican controlled Government and the mostly Republican controlled Supreme court.
    If the GOP and block Obama, I'd say the Dems can block Trump.

Or, at least I hope they can.

I almost wish Obama would pull some major shit and just APPOINT someone to the Supreme Court.

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
    « Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 06:45:11 am »

From what I fathom, he wants to rule the USA like a Company! :o :laugh:
    Dunno if he is going to enhance the country, break it into bits by alienating USA's allies or break himself while trying, but it's gonna be entertaining!
    (to quote Kevin Bacon from A Few Good Men)
    It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other people… but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.
    Just more lives as sad and singular as your own.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
    « Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 06:47:19 am »
    If the GOP and block Obama, I'd say the Dems can block Trump.

Or, at least I hope they can.
    The GOP blocked Obama because they had control of the House and the Senate. They haven't lost that control. So unless the GOP wants to block their own party, things are just gonna suck.
    Altmed is altfact!

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
    « Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 10:36:32 am »
    One thing worth pointing out is that the Republicans do not have the 60 votes needed for total control of the Senate.  There is a real possibility that the opposition in the Senate can stymie some of these things, such as the wholesale repeal of Obamacare.  I think we'll see parts of it disappear, particularly anything around the aforementioned Executive actions.  It's somewhat bitter to embrace the idea that political gridlock in Congress may be what we actually need for once.

Trump's vision of a wall isn't going to happen.  I've seen one or two things that suggest that Mitch McConnell isn't about to just roll over and give Trump everything he wants; the wall is one of those.  With luck, the Republican controlled Congress will be able to moderate some of Trump's agenda.  It's another irony that a man I can't stand may be one person to pin some of our hopes on.

I'm particularly concerned about what I've seen so far about Trump's potential cabinet nominees, and his plans for some of the departments.  His list reads like a who's who of political jackasses.  Anybody that spoke loudly enough in his favor seems to be on the short list for a cabinet post.  Expect the possible disappearance of the Department of Education, or at least a significant downplay of its importance.  The EPA's focus will certainly change.  About the only thing I can appreciate about his list is that he wants to bring in some non-Washington insiders, people from the business world, for a few things.

The only real hope we have is that things won't devolve into total disaster before the mid-term elections.  Hopefully the Democrats can rally enough votes to regain control of Congress, but I'm not optimistic about that possibility.
    If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
    « Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 02:35:18 pm »
      The following was pasted directly from here: http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
      • FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
      • SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
      • THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
      • FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
      • FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
      • SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:
      • FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
      • SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
      • THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
      • FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
      • FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
      • SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
      • SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:
      • FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
      • SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
      • THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
      • FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back
      • FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
      • Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
      • End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
      • American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
      • School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
      • Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
      • Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
      • End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
      • Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
      • Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
      • Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.[/list]

Well then, he's doing exactly what the people who voted him in want him to do.

If he actually manages to do any of that, he just might the most democratic president the US has ever had :laugh:

Offline DespondenSea

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 03:40:56 pm »
      NPR did a breakdown of what on that list is even possible:

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/10/501597652/fact-check-donald-trumps-first-100-days-action-plan

That aside, most of 'his' policies are going to be shaped by the Republicans around him, which considering just his VP, is horrifying.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
      « Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 04:16:57 pm »
      About the only thing I can appreciate about his list is that he wants to bring in some non-Washington insiders, people from the business world, for a few things.
      I'm actually not against his anti-lobby ideas, but they are unlikely to pass the congress for obvious reasons.

edit:
      Scratch that. He's full of shit about that too.
      « Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:49:44 pm by Burkingam »
      Altmed is altfact!

Offline halfelite

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 11:20:20 pm »
      I think some of his list is a good idea, Some of it is bad.

ACA/Obamacare needs a restructure it did not even last 3 years before it started crumbling. As I dont disagree with Tiffanys on the health savings account I do think allowing
      the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines is a big plus as that can help shape cheaper prices. Allow insurance across state lines, dont penalize people for not having insurance, let insurance premiums be a tax deduction, then morph medicare to help cover the people that private insurance rejects or cant afford, Then put a cap on all prescriptions let medicare or the top 3 insurance companies negotiate prescription prices and everyone has to do the same prices.

As for the wall I was never a fan of building a wall. I think immigration process needs a huge reform I dont think it should be a free for all but a better way for people to claim citizenship. I dont think we need to deport all the illegal immigrants we have now let them become legal citizen to help pay for things. Then tighten border security but allow for people to gain citizenship.

As for the EPA changes and such I am on the fence about it. We tighten our regulations so much it forced a lot of jobs to go overseas. We need to find a middle ground be it keep the restrictions high but offer a tax incentive so factories can install the expensive equipment needed to scrub by product.  Or some other method.

Term limits on congress I can get behind. I also think the supreme court needs a make over. It was not made to be a bipartisan committee that it has turned into and if so then each side should get to elect 4 members each and an independent 9th person that both sides either have to agree on or is selected by some other means.

Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities - I stand behind this one but would like to see that money instead used to make the citizen legal if they are currently in the US and have some sort of job and can prove it help them get citizenship.

Begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country - This one I can also get behind but the crime has to fit. If someone stole bread to eat that is not reason enough.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 06:01:41 pm »
      ACA/Obamacare needs a restructure it did not even last 3 years before it started crumbling.
      Let me stop you right there. Read this: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/25/marco-rubio/rubio-we-wiped-out-obamacare-bailout-fund-insuranc/

That, is why premiums started going up. It wasn't Obamacare that failed. It was the GOP - Marco Rubio in particular - that gutted it and forced Insurance companies to raise premiums to recoup their losses that would have been covered by Obamacare.

Offline halfelite

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 10:01:02 pm »
      ACA/Obamacare needs a restructure it did not even last 3 years before it started crumbling.
      Let me stop you right there. Read this: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/25/marco-rubio/rubio-we-wiped-out-obamacare-bailout-fund-insuranc/

That, is why premiums started going up. It wasn't Obamacare that failed. It was the GOP - Marco Rubio in particular - that gutted it and forced Insurance companies to raise premiums to recoup their losses that would have been covered by Obamacare.

No that is not the only reason. Not sure if you have every signed up for any ACA plans. Before the premium hike even went to effect. The very first ACA year tons of people got coverage but with no DR to use it at. I had a ACA plan in 2014 not a single decent medical facility in my area accepted any ACA plans. I was paying $775 a month in premiums for insurance I could not use I was on a family silver plan. The only place that accepted it was the low income medicare facility that before ACA I could have paid $50 a visit. My total out of pocket on ACA was $16,300 for the year.  Just do a simple google search for DR that accept covered California and you will see everyone has the same problem. Then to keep prices low they did smaller and smaller insurance groups which limited it more and more. Hence the small states without a big enough population took a double digit percent increase. It was not because bailout money was taken away the design of ACA was flawed from the start.  Medical facilities could decline to accept it which is strike one. You force small groups which will drive prices higher every year strike two. You rolled over and let pharmaceuticals dictate prices so they would sign off on it strike three.

Different states have tried similar ways and they have all failed here is a study back in 2009 on why ACA would not work and you know what it was spot on http://www.oliverwyman.com/content/dam/oliver-wyman/global/en/files/archive/2009/YBS009-11-28_PPACA120309.pdf  The critics of ACA knew exactly this would happen even if there was a bailout premiums would still go up and people would face more and more issues. The GOP had nothing to do with it failing and that is just trying to place blame. My opinion on the matter was it was created to fail so say if Hilary was elected I guarantee she would have came into office and said look we tried working with insurance carriers it failed so we will be moving to a true single payer health system now this is just my opinion with no facts to back it up.   

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 06:04:53 am »
      Trump named Steve Bannon, a known white nationalist, as his chief strategist. The irony of how history repeats itself... http://www.snopes.com/1922-new-york-times-hitler/