Author Topic: Do you use Animation or Game mode on your TV?  (Read 596 times)

Offline halfelite

Re: Do you use Animation or Game mode on your TV?
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2016, 07:07:35 pm »
On the good news side, Panasonic have created a LCD Panel which manages a 1,000,000:1 static contrast ratio (this is static contrast ratio, LCD, even the best only manage about 2000:1. What Krudda mentions was dynamic contrast ratio, easy to market).

The closest thing to oled without the hefty price tag. Might be a year or two before it comes out. If. That is. Panasonic really doesn't know how to market.

Panasonic doesn't need to market. Most people serious about buying the best tv new the Panasonic Plasma series was the best quality tv out after the pioneer Kuro series died off. The VT models were a thing of beauty. Sadly the old ways of plasma killed plasma tv's everyone still thought they suffered Image burn within minutes and image retention that would never leave.

Offline Govna

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 09:11:47 pm »
On the good news side, Panasonic have created a LCD Panel which manages a 1,000,000:1 static contrast ratio (this is static contrast ratio, LCD, even the best only manage about 2000:1. What Krudda mentions was dynamic contrast ratio, easy to market).

The closest thing to oled without the hefty price tag. Might be a year or two before it comes out. If. That is. Panasonic really doesn't know how to market.

Panasonic doesn't need to market. Most people serious about buying the best tv new the Panasonic Plasma series was the best quality tv out after the pioneer Kuro series died off. The VT models were a thing of beauty. Sadly the old ways of plasma killed plasma tv's everyone still thought they suffered Image burn within minutes and image retention that would never leave.

uuuuum eeer. Panasonic, the company that has continually tried to market ancient technology to the ignorant.

Offline halfelite

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 09:20:26 pm »

uuuuum eeer. Panasonic, the company that has continually tried to market ancient technology to the ignorant.

Ancient but the best PQ. Find a tv during 2012-204/15 that beat out the panasonic VT50

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 09:41:52 pm »
Panasonic may not be cutting edge tech wise, but they've got a really good reputation for high quality products.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 08:42:34 am »

Majority don't know stuff. I have seen people go buy a Sony TV for the same price of an OLED from LG. Reason is that they think Sony makes better TV than LG. 

Panasonic and SHARP are usually companies that research tech and sell their know how to various companies or function as an OEM. They dont really market much. I mean even now majority dont know about OLED even though they want good picture.

Marketing is important and Panasonic would have to work really hard to get it into peoples head. Or just have Sony buy their panel and sell it as a Sony TV.

Like how sony is gonna launch 2 OLED TV in 2017 using LG panels.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2016, 11:32:07 am »
I haven't really played games on my TV since Halo 2 on the original Xbox, and I only really played through it once and then never really used the Xbox again. I don't even think my TV has an animation or game mode tbh...

Offline Pentium100

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2016, 09:13:53 am »
I finally got the audio delay (Rane AD22 made in 1994). When my TV is in game mode (with everything turned off) and I set the audio delay to 80ms, the image stops being annoying (as it turns out, there was input lag of about 80ms in game mode - not that noticeable unless I have a comparison at the press of a button). Also, I now can enable smooth motion on non-PC inputs, this makes the video look like 50fps instead of 25, like on a CRT. I could already do that on a PC with interlaced source files, but now I can watch a video tape or live TV from a STB with this. I have to increase the audio delay to ~200ms with this feature enabled.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 02:42:20 pm by Pentium100 »
BBT Ika Musume Fanclub Member #080586
Misaka Mikoto Fanclub Member:080586