Author Topic: Anibu - Anime Library Browser  (Read 1717 times)

Online Dariusdd

Re: Anibu - Anime Library Browser
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 10:27:35 am »
Stability feels even... worse? Now it crashes while browsing through my library. It could be related to the fact that I've been adding files to the library in the same app session.
Right now it's always crashing while trying to check a certain movie from the library. It's been added to the watched list previously, and I can't even access it anymore because it's always crashing Anibu. https://puu.sh/tdpmC/76539d402a.png That is the screenshot I previously posted of the file. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=1874695 file details on AniDB, it hasn't been updated in any way since last night when I've marked it as watched.

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 07:28:01 pm »
Can you look in Event Viewer and copy the information from one of the crash events for Anibu? Also, out of curiosity, do you disable Windows Error Reporting? I sometimes see a lot of crashes (17 from Romania in the last 72 hours), but no failure information is ever generated so I have no idea what caused them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 07:35:35 pm by viralreaper »

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2017, 12:21:03 am »
It's a lot more unstable now. It won't open anymore. Though, it worked previously so I was able to check it for a while.

I like how you put the file info. I can now see which release I'm to play before clicking.

The same episode is being generated. Though, I'm not sure if it opens a different episode other than the displayed.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The Check Again feature on the library settings under unrecognized files seems to check the entire library but probably not the file selected.

I'm hoping for a quick update to fix the stability. The only way I know to make it work is to reinstall it. Deleting Anibu cache files wouldn't work.

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2017, 07:47:55 pm »
ridon428, can you send me the following files from your AppCache folder (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\42985UFSoft.Anibu_kcwtxtj7a0wxc\LocalState):
Code: [Select]
 ANIDB* 
BrowserState
FileHashCache
InvalidThumbnailIndex
LastPlayed
ManuallyRecognizedFiles
UserQueue
WatchedAnime

The Check Again function works by regenerating the hash for the selected files and then refreshing the whole library to rebuild the necessary information. It's a little confusing because when the library refresh starts, it clears the progress log so you can miss the output from the files being refreshed.

Unfortunately, the Windows Store certification team doesn't seem to work weekends so even though I have submitted the fix for the last played crash I mentioned earlier on Friday, I don't think it'll get approved until sometime Monday at the earliest. Sorry for all these stability problems. Do you guys remember if the problems started happening after you added/removed files from the library? Or were you having issues just using the update without any changes to the library?

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2017, 11:47:39 pm »
There are 2 zip files with dates of when the crash happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uglowlh8chndvau/AACLLrKRsGAcbdYqBexzW-JCa?dl=0

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 04:48:51 am »
Thanks, I'll check them out. I'm back to work full time now so updates will be slower going.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2017, 10:10:18 am »
In the meantime, just roll back the version in the store to the previous stable build.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Online Dariusdd

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2017, 08:22:10 pm »
After updating to the latest version (1.2.4) the program is still crashing when viewing library entries that have episodes that were previously removed. I did delete the LastPlayed file as instructed.

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 05:23:33 am »
Have you refreshed the library since updating?

Online Dariusdd

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 10:20:52 am »
Yes, I did so several times.

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 05:53:04 pm »
The latest version should be available for download through the store now so please update and then try to reproduce the crash again (refresh the library first just to be sure). If it crashes, look in Event Viewer under the Application logs to see crash info and paste it to me. Thanks for your patience!

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2017, 06:07:12 pm »
How has stability been for people since 1.2.6?

Online Dariusdd

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2017, 09:29:15 am »
It felt fine for the little time I've spent on it since the update. Great work

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2017, 11:43:06 am »
How does the Check Again feature when a file is not recognized work?

Online Dariusdd

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2017, 12:22:34 pm »
https://puu.sh/tNS8J/e6e50e6ebc.png
Press the library button (the one I'm hovering my cursor above), select the file(s) you want to check again from the Unrecognised Library Files and press Check Again.
I think it first checked if the file was still there then compared it once more with the AniDB database. If it still fails and you know it's on the database, you can manually assign the file ID.

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »
Dariusdd is pretty much spot on: Check Again will re-hash the selected files and then use the results to query AniDB.

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2017, 11:28:42 pm »
Oddly, it seems to check the whole library again but it doesn't take too long :unsure:

Stability seems to have improved. Good work on that. :mml:

As for the suggestions, I'm still waiting for the ability to change the viewing option. Viewing the episode list as a list is a workaround should thumbnail generation isn't working well. Integrating Icaros may work but it doesn't sound easy. Besides, some anime have long episode names so viewing it as list is much more comfortable for me.

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2017, 12:33:21 am »
Ah yea, Check Again will click the Refresh Library button for you after re-hashing the selected files and querying AniDB. It's easier and less error prone to just re-use code that works if the file does end up being recognized :P. It shouldn't take too long to refresh the library if there are no changes.

I'll start thinking about how to support a list view for episodes.

Offline viralreaper

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2017, 06:00:09 pm »
The latest version is up on the store and includes a list view for episodes :)

v1.2.7.0:
-Basic MyAnimeList (MAL) support! After logging in with your MAL credentials in the Settings page, Anibu will automatically:
   -Mark a show complete in MAL when marked Watched in Anibu.
   -Watching an episode will mark the show as Watching in MAL, or enable Rewatching if the show is marked Watched.
   -Watching the final episode will mark the show Complete or disable Rewatching in MAL.
If Anibu displays a "Show in MAL" button in the info page for an anime, it means Anibu was able to find a MAL ID associated with the show in the AniDB data, and will be able to update your MAL information.
-Add a "Show in Crunchyroll" button for shows that have Crunchyroll data in AniDB.
-Added the ability view episodes as a list or a grid.
-Search results are now sorted by relevance and then by the current "Sort By" setting. This won't really affect single word searches, but should improve result displays for multi-word searches.
-Fixed title search not treating separate words as separate search tokens.
-Possible fix for another startup crash.

Let me know any feedback you guys have.

Online Dariusdd

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2017, 11:16:01 pm »
Is there a way to force the rechecking of a file already recognised in your library?
Case in point: Horrible Subs uploaded the wrong data to AniDB, and the 5th episode from a series got recognised by Anibu as the 2nd one. Obviously, now there are 2 episode 2s in the list, instead of the 2nd one being the 5th one.
Of course this is a rare issue that rose from wrong AniDB data, but I'd be happy to know if there would be a way to fix it other than deleting and readding the file.