Author Topic: Yu-gi-oh! 5ds OST  (Read 235 times)

Offline darkleogriff

Yu-gi-oh! 5ds OST
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:47:27 am »
I want to offer yugioh 5ds OST but I'm still waiting on some CD's to arrive. I'm just need some help before I can offer them.

1)On "http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5739" it shows the Discography of yugioh 5ds. Do I need all of them? I'm not sure about buying all of the CD. Just have the main ones like Sound duels (volumes) 1, 2, and 3 and some of the ones that have yugioh covers.

2)I'm not sure how to scan the images cover arts. I scanned the cover art to jpg but the file is still huge and above >50KB. I looked at the compression part of baka for gimp and I'm still having issues. One of the cover is 4.33MB. It's already saved as jpg when I scanned it. If I try to rescale and try to put it file size close to 50KB. The quality is terrible.

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
Re: Yu-gi-oh! 5ds OST
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 03:40:48 pm »
1) It does not need to be complete, but you should try to get as much as possible. Note that it's not required to buy all of them. Scour the internet and credit the original rippers. If you wish to offer it incomplete, make sure to tag it as such.

2) First, scale it down to the size you actually need it to be for your description, then play with the quality slider in gimp. Depending on the template used, 150x150 or 200x200 should suffice. If that doesn't work out to well for you, try scanning them with a lower resolution. In most cases, you don't need 1200dpi scans, 300 are usually ok for most purposes, and you won't need as much downscaling.

Offline darkleogriff

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:52:30 pm »
1) It does not need to be complete, but you should try to get as much as possible. Note that it's not required to buy all of them. Scour the internet and credit the original rippers. If you wish to offer it incomplete, make sure to tag it as such.

2) First, scale it down to the size you actually need it to be for your description, then play with the quality slider in gimp. Depending on the template used, 150x150 or 200x200 should suffice. If that doesn't work out to well for you, try scanning them with a lower resolution. In most cases, you don't need 1200dpi scans, 300 are usually ok for most purposes, and you won't need as much downscaling.

1) I didn't think about that. I will try to find original rippers. Does that mean that I would have to find the ripper with the scans? Not just the music?

2) Well I'm not sure if it has to do that I'm using a printer/scanner. I tried using 300 dpi and it came out bad. Unless I scan it at 300 dpi as png format and then convert it to jpg. That may work. All the scans that I did were at 600 dpi saved as png (booklets). The covers were also 600 dip saved as jpg. But it looks like i'm going to have to mess around with the scanning part for now.

Offline 12laus

• Staff
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 08:59:06 pm »
I'll just leave here what I usually do with my booklet scans.

I also scan in 600 dpi lossless .png. I would then halve the image resolution to ~ 1400x1400. That probably comes to 2-4mb depending on the detail on the image and I usually keep that kind of size for my Scans folder.

For a cover image, I simply resize to 320x320 .jpg and that brings me comfortably below 50kb at 34kb.

It shouldn't be that hard  :unsure:

Example:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline darkleogriff

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 10:16:45 pm »
I'll just leave here what I usually do with my booklet scans.

I also scan in 600 dpi lossless .png. I would then halve the image resolution to ~ 1400x1400. That probably comes to 2-4mb depending on the detail on the image and I usually keep that kind of size for my Scans folder.

For a cover image, I simply resize to 320x320 .jpg and that brings me comfortably below 50kb at 34kb.

It shouldn't be that hard  :unsure:

Example:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm messing around with gimp and getting the results that I want. I'm using your scans as a reference. This helped me a lot. Thank you so much!

Offline lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 12:07:59 am »
Scans aren't a requirement, just make sure to get complete albums/singles. You should be able to find the cover images of the albums on the net as well, to have something for the description.

Offline darkleogriff

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 12:32:51 am »
I have another question. On the link that I provided. On discography, second column, 5th row. The album "Close to you" has an alternative cover. The difference is that the alternative cover has a song ("My mother's day") excluded for some reason, but has a DVD included (Promotional Video). I kinda want to include it because of the alternate cover. Not sure if that would be allowed. If it was included. Do I include the DVD as well?

Offline lololitas

• Staff
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 12:41:43 am »
No, Video material does not belong in soundtrack torrents. You can just add the scan of the cover to the other scans though.