Author Topic: Shaving~~  (Read 777 times)

Offline LeijonaSisu

• Fillers suck
Re: Shaving~~
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 10:18:00 pm »
1. Try using an electric razor to keep the beard down rather than shaving it right off. The more you shave it right off the thicker your beard will be. If you just keep trimming it, it won't be a problem. An electric razor as Tiffanys said will just kinda feel a bit 'pinchy' but that's probably better than the irritation you get from outright shaving.

2. You could just stop shaving so the same area so much. When I see most people shave they do these huge long strokes with their razor. I always kind of go in a bit more of a zig-zag pattern just a little up and down on the same spot until it's done. It's much more natural, much faster and feels much more like you are just massaging your face.

3. It helps if you have a shower first and you wash your face with hot water and soap and THEN use foam. If your face isn't dry or cold before you shave, it's much less likely to feel weird afterwards.

Offline Semnae

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 03:20:43 am »
I have a similar problem. I get really bad razor burn which gets infected. A face covered in a painful red rash and puss filled boils just looks gross. My solution was to simply stop shaving every day. Stubble looks good on me. It makes me look more rugged. I usually have about 2 days of growth before shaving now. Right after I shave, it looks red and agitated, but it doesn't stick around long if I'm not shaving every day.

Another good tip is to use a razor with 3 blades. It's a vast improvement over 1 and 2 blade models, requiring fewer strokes to remove the hair. Fewer strokes means less agitation. The 4 bladed razors aren't as good. The blades on the four bladed razors are spaced too close together, and it agitates my skin as much as a razor with only one blade.

I tried an electric once, when one was gifted to me one Christmas. Electrics don't shave very close, so it was actually very useful for getting a thin stubble cut. Unfortunately, they just don't last long. The blades will dull quickly, and like any device with moving mechanical parts, it breaks. In my opinion, they just aren't worth the expense of frequently having to replace them.

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 08:51:51 pm »
I tried an electric once, when one was gifted to me one Christmas. Electrics don't shave very close, so it was actually very useful for getting a thin stubble cut. Unfortunately, they just don't last long. The blades will dull quickly, and like any device with moving mechanical parts, it breaks. In my opinion, they just aren't worth the expense of frequently having to replace them.

There's a thing called oil. It exists for a purpose, use it.

You shouldn't blame equipment for failling when you don't do proper maintenance. While they probably won't last three decades, there's no reason for a properly maintained piece to not last at least several years. I'm on my second hair clippers in about a decade, not because the first one broke, but because it was a cheap piece of shit that wanted to replace for something nicer.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 10:12:12 pm »
Try shaving after sauna, before a shower mAh. Then the beard is so soft you can shave it with your nails. Might want to splash cold water on your face first to close the pores.

I've switched to a straight razor since I found a decent condition one(an old E.A Berg) online for a cheap price around 1½ years ago. That pretty much solved my issue with quickly dulling modern ones since I can just sharpen this once/twice a month and be fine. It does add some time to the shaving process if shaving daily but then again, it saves a lot of time if shaving off longer beard(or trimming longer beard) since there is no need for a preliminary shortening.

1. Try using an electric razor to keep the beard down rather than shaving it right off. The more you shave it right off the thicker your beard will be. If you just keep trimming it, it won't be a problem. An electric razor as Tiffanys said will just kinda feel a bit 'pinchy' but that's probably better than the irritation you get from outright shaving.

2. You could just stop shaving so the same area so much. When I see most people shave they do these huge long strokes with their razor. I always kind of go in a bit more of a zig-zag pattern just a little up and down on the same spot until it's done. It's much more natural, much faster and feels much more like you are just massaging your face.

3. It helps if you have a shower first and you wash your face with hot water and soap and THEN use foam. If your face isn't dry or cold before you shave, it's much less likely to feel weird afterwards.
1. If it feels pinchy it's either dull or you have too long beard for it to cut properly. Get new blades for it and make sure you oil them properly or cut it short first.
2. You don't go over the same spot again. If it's not cut properly, you reapply the cream and do another pass from another direction.
3.You never EVER wash your face with soap(preferably don't wash it at all) before shaving. This removes the natural oils from the face. Oils that protect the skin.

Because we can!

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 02:16:50 am »
yeah, my dad cuts his beard short first with a scissor before he uses the electric shaver.
electric shaver doesn't work right with long hair.

Online DespondenSea

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 12:31:51 am »
yeah, my dad cuts his beard short first with a scissor before he uses the electric shaver.
electric shaver doesn't work right with long hair.

Unless you're using a barbershop quality one.