Author Topic: Asking for a more throughout explanation of what not to upload  (Read 256 times)

Offline ElfenSky

• Fanfiction, Anime, Gaming, Manga. Things2live4
Asking for a more throughout explanation of what not to upload
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:02:49 pm »
I have quite a bit of high quality mkvs on my HDD from ages past - after reading the wiki however I do not fully understand what we are allowed - and not to upload:

For example, Funanimation shows with active licenses are mentioned, we'll take Code Geass as an example - but I can still find the OVAs and music on BakaBT.
Do I offer the show torrent then, or not? Cuz I remember there being one previously, which makes me assume it was removed because of a C&D from them?

Thanks,

A confused member.

Offline 12laus

• Staff
Re: Asking for a more throughout explanation of what not to upload
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:30:28 pm »
When companies license shows, it is a possibility that they license just the episodes but do not license further OVAs or specials. Western companies don't tend to license music but even when they do, (an example I can think of is Psycho Pass), they don't tend to issue C&Ds on those so we still have them around.

I hope that clears it up for you.

For more information about our general upload guidelines, please refer to: https://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=42150.0

Offline ElfenSky

• Fanfiction, Anime, Gaming, Manga. Things2live4
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 11:38:34 pm »
Hmm, I see thanks. Guess I'm just keeping them all to myself then :P.

Cheers :3

Offline Zetsumei

• Quixotic Prophet. Keeper and sharer of wisdom&love
    • My Twitter of wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 12:44:48 am »
Elfen's question seems to have been answered, but I don't think the problem in the topic itself has been. For example, I just spent a bunch of time reading all the uploader guidelines, including what's allowed and not allowed, how to do a description, etc., and finished it all, and was feeling pretty accomplished, just to learn that "1080 webrips aren't allowed"? (What defines a webrip anyway? Anything not from a DVD I take it? In which case it wouldn't be fansubbed, in which case no 1080 fansubs are allowed? But that can't be right...??)

Am I blind, or is that specific exception not covered in the wiki/FAQ I was supposed to read?

If not covered, would be nice if these kinds of things were, so people who don't obsessively peruse the forums won't have to be let down like that...
There is always a reason to be depressed, if you look for one.
There is also always a reason to be happy, if you look.
Down which path will you choose to look?
BE the change that you wish to see...

Offline Ookami

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 01:04:30 am »
Only 720p,480p accepted if the source is TV whether it's webrips or fansubs (HorribleSubs,FFF,Doki,BlurayDesuYo,etc).

1080p is accepted if the source is Blu-ray.

Also BBT don't accept re-encodes of webrips or fansubs (Deadfish,JacobSwaggedUp) colored orange on nyaa.

Offline 12laus

• Staff
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 01:06:35 pm »
Yep, Ookami is spot on.

Just to further elaborate though, some shows are starting to be animated at 1080p or over which means even HDTV releases are worth taking in 1080p. Recent examples if I remember correctly are the previous Working season and Nyaruko I think...

But yeah, for webrips, we will stick with 720p and 480p for now. (Basically means no HorribleSubs 1080p)