Author Topic: A better access and maybe presentation of whitelist client's page  (Read 198 times)

Offline darkshion

Hi,

I think that BakaBT should put the whitelist clients page in a easier and more direct access and maybe change a little the presentation's page.

Now, I need to do 3 click on 3 different pages for get the whitelist, if I'm not using the direct link : https://bakabt.me/whitelist.php. Some people don't know this link and may have a hard time to found the whitelist page.

Also, why not indicate in the blacklist, the version of clients that you'll not accept anymore (ex: utorrent or Bittorrent)? Instead of keep these infos in the forum.

This just my opinion and my feedback. Free to you to take it into consideration.

Sincerely,

*I know that i'm not posting often here.

Offline TiYlER

• 絶対大丈夫だよ!· · · · · · · Smårips er også bær
Re: A better access and maybe presentation of whitelist client's page
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 07:53:54 pm »
Aah, that is why I made this tiny userscript

「発想の転換が必要なの。あれ、これどっかで聞いたなぁって思ったら、まず逆を考えるわけ。そしたら新しいものが生まれてくるかもしれないじゃない」
muh dick

Online lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 07:59:53 pm »
The wiki whitelist is easily accessible, and we require users to read through the rules (which links to the wiki-whitelist) on registration and the wiki in general if they encounter problems. It might be somewhat useful to have a more direct access, but users don't need it constantly (I assume that they learn after their first time updating).

As for the blacklist: It only contains clients we do not allow at all no matter which version. As long as there are versions of utorrent on the whitelist, we won't blacklist it. It's also a massive PITA to keep updating the lists with all the clients not whitelisted, that's what the error message you get in your client is for.

Offline pogidaga

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:24:00 pm »
Thanks for this post and the direct link to the whitelist. I always have trouble finding it and sometimes resort to Google. This time it was easier.