Author Topic: Kobayashi-san Chi no MaidDragon | Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid [Kyoto Animation]  (Read 648 times)

Offline Ookami

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Release: 2017-01-11
Description: Miss Kobayashi is your average office worker who lives a boring life, alone in her small apartment–until she saves the life of a female dragon in distress. The dragon, named Tohru, has the ability to magically transform into an adorable human girl (albeit with horns and a long tail), who will do anything to pay off her debt of gratitude, whether Miss Kobayashi likes it or not. (from manga)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:09:07 am by Ookami »

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
Me and tyler knew this before it was popular.

This is way too cute, I've never seen a Dragon Maid, and never thought about teh concept, yet here we are, having a cute Dragon Maid.

This is cute in all possible ways.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
Only thing that kinda bugs me is whenever I see both "Maid-Dragon" and "Dragon Maid" at the same time. Dunno why.
But yeah, this is pretty fun stuff.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
I was actually kinda disappointed in the first episode, but that's probably because I absolutely love the manga and as cheesy as it sounds, the manga is better.

Here's hoping for a better next ep  ;)

Because we can!

Offline blackhole

Oh come on!
It can't be disappointing !

In how many episodes does a dragon explain her clothes are her scales and the MC just strips her off of them ?

THUG LIFE MC !

Offline JoonasTo

She's thug life alright.

Oh look a dragon, wanna come home with me honey?  ;D

Because we can!

Offline Ookami

Holy Shit the animation is beyond great i never thought they could pull such animation considering they've released Koe no Katachi and Hibike! Euphonium 2 last season.
https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/29977

Offline blackhole

Holy Shit the animation is beyond great i never thought they could pull such animation considering they've released Koe no Katachi and Hibike! Euphonium 2 last season.
https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/29977
You sound like you consider those 2 shows done really badly.

I really enjoyed this episode, although nothing funny to make real giggles of, maybe except for the fact that Tohru considers her tail to be sweet and juicy.
I lold at that part.

Offline JoonasTo

Karada-de. Netorare.  ;D

Because we can!

Offline Ookami

You sound like you consider those 2 shows done really badly.
What? not at all. While i haven't watched them(waiting for FFF to release the BD batch for the first season) i have no doubt that they are well made. I am just complementing the studio's craftsmanship and their management.

I really enjoyed this episode, although nothing funny to make real giggles of, maybe except for the fact that Tohru considers her tail to be sweet and juicy.
I lold at that part.
Again haven't watched the show it self (I just saw this superb cut i am going to wait for BD to enjoy it in it's full glory) but i heard that the show isn't the type to make you laugh out loud. i think you mentioned before that you read the manga so how does it compare?

Offline JoonasTo

I really liked this episode. Some scenes just work so splendidly animated.
And ofc

Because we can!

Online DespondenSea

I have to ask.

Is this fanservice/ecchi, or more along the lines of a cute children's show a la Spirited Away or Little Witch Academia?

Offline JoonasTo

Neither. This is more of a chill show.

Because we can!

Offline Ookami

s this fanservice/ecchi, or more along the lines of a cute children's show a la Spirited Away or Little Witch Academia?

it's not ecchi but not exactly Spirited Away or Little Witch Academia. you can expect some boob joke or two but nothing too much.
it's definitely light hearted and cute with some yuri comedy and some pretty amazing animation.

check this cut: https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/29977

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
I skimmed the first episode the other day.

This feels like a yuri version of monster musume.
Its hollow ecchi comedy. Not bad, but not worth watching either. There are better shows.

Online DespondenSea

That's a shame.

If this was aimed at young kids, I could see it being endearing and fun.

With fanservice elements, it's yet another supernatural girls + fan service show.

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
i think we need more butler animes, but this works too.

Offline OnDeed

• Uploader account for [email protected]
I skimmed the first episode the other day.

This feels like a yuri version of monster musume.
Its hollow ecchi comedy. Not bad, but not worth watching either. There are better shows.

I'd say it is your usual harem where a plain guy for inexplicable reason gets extraordinar/magical/superpowered/something girls running at him from all angles and liking him "selfinsert here".

But the harem lead character is genderflipped here into an office lady for looks. Kobayashi-san still behaves and feels like your usual guy protagonist most of the time, though, IMHO (this feeling is supported by her being an experienced programmer, which - sorry for sexism - is probably a job a guy will imagine himself with). I could see how the original idea was that Kobayashi was a guy, but the author changed it into a woman because that would have been too formulaic.

So I'm not sure to what extent it can be called yuri. The story so far is that the dragon keeps saying she wants the protagonist "sexually", but Kobayashi doesn't feel like anything of the sort and the dragon doesn't step from words to actions either. So basically you get the usual anime romantic stalemate and it focuses more on comedy and the so called slice of life filler (note that I haven't read all the manga chapters).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:49:44 am by OnDeed »

Offline blackhole

She only sniffs her clothes when washing them ...

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
I like the series quite a bit.

In fact, the way Kobayashi is obviously falling for her dragon-girl — she's already VERY considerate of her feelings, and proactive as hell about it too — is quite unlike most "harem, ecchi" series, although yes, there's a smattering of ecchi here and there.  Nor has Kobayashi shown even a hint of attraction to any of the other dragons, or even remote horror or disgust by "yuri"  sexual advances; she's just not that fast about it, from what I gather.

To be honest, while yes, cute dragon-girls-wif-bewbs are...well...cute, I'm actually strongly attracted to Kobayashi, herself.  She's pretty enough, very level-headed but not emotionless, whipcrack smart, and she's very considerate of her partner.  If I wasn't already married to an excellent woman, that's exactly the kinda girl I'd want to staple down :laugh: .