Offline GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
Ajin
« on: January 14, 2017, 10:14:01 pm »
Ajin

AniDB
Quote from: aniDB
An immortal first appeared on an African battlefield 17 years ago. Later, rare and unknown new immortal lifeforms began appearing among humans, and they became known as Ajin (demi-humans). Just before summer vacation, a Japanese high school student named Nagai Kei is instantly killed in a traffic accident on his way home from school. However, he is revived, and a price is placed on his head. Thus begins a boy's life on the run from all of humankind.

Source: ANN
=========================

HOW IS THERE NOT A THREAD ON THIS!?

Just watched it on Netflix, I was very skeptical at first as it was listed as a "Netflix original" but some further digging showed its based on a manga and it's actually produced by a Japanese studio (ergo authentic anime).

and MAN O MAN just the first episode ticked almost all the boxes (except the animation, CGI not my cup-of-tea)

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
Re: Ajin
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 03:35:35 am »
siggghhhh

i have lost track of all good anime.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline CELL

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 03:31:02 am »
I just watched this.  It did start out good.  Sato is one bad ass old man.  The ending left me wanting but overall ill rate it as an above average anime.

Offline Johnny D

• Kinda dumb
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:15:15 pm »
and MAN O MAN just the first episode ticked almost all the boxes (except the animation, CGI not my cup-of-tea)
That's a major tick off, it's the very reason the new Berserk series is instead of FUUCKING AWESOME, just good...ish.

I've seen season 1 about half a year ago or so, is season 2 running yet!? :sleep:
I just watched this.  It did start out good.  Sato is one bad ass old man.  The ending left me wanting but overall ill rate it as an above average anime.
+1

It's an anime I'd include in the overrated category, as I've just left it. As I would Berserk, because of the CGI, ofc.
It's the human urge to light up the dark corners for answers in other peopleā€¦ but at the end of the day, there are no answers there.
Just more lives as sad and singular as your own.

Do not go gentle into that good night, / Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline LeijonaSisu

• Fillers suck
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 09:54:53 pm »
I was pretty disappointed with it. I found it too typical and too disappointing. I mean the premise and plot was pretty good but it's another anime with a really, really weak main character. I know it's so typical for the protagonist to do something so totally against what the viewer would expect but seriously. The animation style is kind of weird, the pacing is a bit off and I just didn't find it that interesting. I watched it all through expecting it to get better but it just didn't.

It's average, with a cool plot. But average execution and weird animation.

Offline dbml

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 03:12:46 am »
Halfway through S2 currently. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. From what little I remember of the manga, it's a decent adaptation.