Author Topic: hentai or not where is the line?  (Read 371 times)

Offline dialtonejr

hentai or not where is the line?
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:21:17 pm »
Is there a clear definition between hentai and borderline hentai for this site? For the posting of

https://bakabt.me/torrent/345394/

I asked the poster "Are you sure this is borderline your last sample page definitely shows them having sex? I think having uncensored cell images in a book clearly showing one guy inserting into another person crosses over from borderline to hentai. If it was censored perhaps or suggestive without the graphic depiction then definitely borderline but this I think needs to be re-classed. What is bakabt's definition of borderline is there a admin who can spell out what is what?"

The response was "Well, it wasn't released in a hentai magazine and both MAL and M-U doesn't have it marked as hentai." Which I have no problem with but it got me thinking what is the separation between borderline and hentai?

I thought that with the age verification and the little hentai box you had to check to view hentai it kept hentai to registered and of age verified users only to keep hentai out of minor hands (not that they would ever lie about their age on the site questioner) but borderline seems to avoid this putting it out to anyone so how do you tell what is and is not hentai.?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:08:27 pm by macros74 »

Offline Chiyachan

• Staff
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
Re: hentai or not where is the line?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:35:43 pm »
I spoke with the awesome group of people that are less lazy than I, and that deal with approval of torrents. It's been re-classified as hentai in this instance.
More information to follow as to how and why certain things are classified.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:41:34 pm by Chiyachan »
Quote from: Enzedder
I agree that its a lounge but its not a supergay lounge.
'Onest, I'm a super cute gal. Befriend me? ;D

Marked as best answer by dialtonejr on January 22, 2017, 07:36:18 am

Online lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:00:24 am »
To continue where chiya left off (who knows when he'll answer):

The showing of the actual sexual act (e.g. the actual penetration of whatever actual or virtual orifice you can think of) would be considered Hentai. To illustrate this on the torrent in question: On the last screenshot you have three panels that show the sex scene. The on in the middle left is clearly hentai, the one taking the upper part of the lower half is not (though borderline, especially on shorter series), the one in the lower part is.

It will still have to be reviewed on a case by case basis by us (and like this time, we may make mistakes in the process), so if you feel something is classified the wrong way: use the torrent report button or comment on the torrent again.

Offline dialtonejr

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 07:42:46 am »
Thanks. Good to know.

Now I have a better understanding of how things are classified for future knowledge.

I'll keep it in mind if I see anything in the future and post again. I didn't want to hit report on the torrent as I assumed that button was only for problems with the torrents like a zip file being broken or not being what it claims to be that type of thing.  And to be honest I was not sure what bakabt's rules on classification were so I appreciate you clearing that up for me.

Offline dialtonejr

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 12:33:59 am »
Ok so my new question is if a mana contains scenes of sex but they are not included in the screen shots is it still considered Hentai. In https://bakabt.me/torrent/345463/mousou-elektel-delusion-elektel-mousou-electricity the screen shot and abystom's reply show a censored shot of a sex scene which I understand based on the earlier definition could be classified as borderline.  However there are other scenes in the book, for example where one guy on the bottom is shown having an orgasm why being topped anal, which are not censored. Yet it is being classified by the admin's as only borderline.
 I did hit report as told to do as stated in the earlier reply but it did not seem to get noticed. Was I suppose to include a screen shot?

Just out of curiosity, since mistakes can happen as pointed out before, would it not be better to add borderline to a similar set of rules like the Hentai grouping to only be allowed registered age verified users, in cases like these when they slip by? Then there would be no issue if it got miss identified because only those that have checked the I am over 18 box would have access to it. I realize I have no idea the amount of work this would take to actually make happen the re-coding might be huge. Of course people who don't care about the age of the down-loaders would just start classifying everything as echii or not bothering to classify it at all just so they can get it out to a bigger ratio possibility which would really make it harder for the admins as they would have to start checking everything. It's just a possibility I thought I should at least make mention of. If not why even bother with having the age verification since things like this can happen.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:51:48 am by dialtonejr »

Offline macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 09:31:49 am »
Like lololitas said: "use the torrent report button or comment on the torrent again"
Notice the "or", so commenting multiple times, reporting the torrent multiple times, placing a forum post and reporting said forum post, well, if you want to call something borderline then in my opinion your behavior is such...

And yes, something will still be labeled as hentai if it contains graphic scenes as described above.

Offline dialtonejr

Re: hentai or not where is the line
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 10:27:39 am »
Well I did miss the "or"  your correct. that is why I made the comment and hit the report. The second is simply because I did not remember to give the page's list in question in the first report and as you see it was several hours later and I thought I was being helpful obviously you didn't to which I apologize. As far as posting a forum I simply wanted more information to make sure I was not misunderstanding . And I hit report to point out I had a further question rather than create a new posting which I thought would have been frowned upon. I would not call my actions borderline as you pointed out rather harshly just uncertain. Now I know.  That does leave my one question unanswered about the rules for borderline downloading is it possible or too much hassle to restrict access to thouse who clicked the box? Or is this the wrong forum location to inquire about such things?

Offline macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
Re: hentai or not where is the line
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 10:39:39 am »
That does leave my one question unanswered about the rules for borderline downloading is it possible or too much hassle to restrict access to thouse who clicked the box? Or is this the wrong forum location to inquire about such things?
That question is for the admin to answer, really. He might respond when he sees this.
Personally I really don't see the added value of this.